1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wembley Chat.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 16, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well we're there folks......first question who plans on going after pilfering the piggy bank.

I hope to...and my son & grandson are keen to as well (Charlton Fans).....if they can get back in time from
    their weekend in the New Forest......so I need to see if I have a chance of getting any.....took awhile to get tickets for last years Bristol R game ....I'll see what the website says.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just checked my account.....and at the moment I do not have the right privileges.....that's the same as last year for the Rovers game......ok season ticket holders first that's fine......didn't give me a clue how long before plebs like me will get a chance.....try again tomorrow.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  3. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Will the game be televised ?

4. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Yes it will BC-Sky as usual.

Bought my tickets today in block 226 , bang on the half way line on the middle level- should be the prefect view. Even Mrs Lyndhurst is going so that's three of us. Bit of an expensive day out (havent worked out the travel bit yet either-probably drive) but it is only once in every 20 years -and Wembley is a stunning stadium so worth it..

Plym, general sale (non members) starts Wednesday-providing at least one of the party is 'known' to the club (i.e. has bought tickets from them before) - If you have any form of membership (including foundation/big green lottery) you should be be able to get them now (up to 6)-quite a few people have had difficulties with their permissions not being correct but a call to the club seems to sort it out.

I wouldn't worry though as we ain't going to sell out Wembley.-

PS the club website has additional info on which blocks are best for families / singing etc-quite informative for once!

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I also have tickets, not the £60 specials that Lyndhurst has gone for on a matter of principle but I'm already wondering if I should have penny pinched and opted for Cat 2 tickets instead of Cat 1 for something that comes along once in 20 years! Still, the view should be no worse than I usually have at Home Park and what's done is done.

I believe 35,000 tickets have been allocated to PAFC *initially" so I can't imagine you'll have a problem Plymborn especially if you are up bright & early on Wednesday.

How is anyone intending to travel?

It'll be on Sky BC but be prepared for the quality of the commentary. The coverage of the 2 play-off semis seem to have been bought and paid for by Pompey.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Thanks for the info Lindy.....I am known to the club and have a password so maybe Wednesday then.....no idea of the prices yet.

7. lyndhurstgreen

I have a feeling travel is going to be difficult-ideally a 'football special' train like in the old days (and for Arsenal) would be laid on but not sure whether the Bank Holiday rail works would prevent that. Seems from PASOTI that a lot of private groups -senior greens/ greentaverners etc have already organised and filled their coaches . Nothing yet about the travel club coaches but I suspect they will be filled pretty quickly-vaguely remember that the south west 'ran out of coaches' last time (or did I make that up?). Have booked one of the official car parks near the ground for £20 which I suppose isn't bad by London prices. Be a nightmare getting in/out but will be the same for everyone.

Here's your ticket prices Plym

Category 1: adults - £60; 65 and over, 16 and under - £30
    Category 2: adults - £48; 65 and over, 16 and under - £24
    Category 3: adults - £44; 65 and over, 16 and under - £22
    Category 4: adults - £38; 65 and over, 16 and under - £19
    Category 5: adults - £32; 65 and over, 16 and under - £16
    Category 6: adults - £26; 65 and over, 16 and under - £13

The cheaper tickets tend to be on the lowest level behind the goal with the prices graduating to Ist tier half way line. Upper tier not normally used for lower league playoff finals but will be if the demand is there.

8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1. I am almost at the point of telling Argyle to stick their fecking tickets where the sun don't shine. I spent an hour this morning trying to get into the ticket system only to be told I don't have the priveleges. Have been a continuous season ticket holder for years as has No.1 son. Went into Argyle site to "register" as advised to be told my account is already activated. Thought I was doing something wrong so got son to do it tonight only for him to be told he is activated also but still has no priveleges. No matter what we tried, and he is very computer literate unlike me, we were denied. This is a bloody fiasco and there are quite a few others it seems in the same boat. We have never bought tickets online before as we have never needed to and I thin if you haven't then that's where a problem starts. I can't sort out transport until I've sorted out tickets and the longer it goes on the less likely there will be any. This is no way to treat loyal supporters and I am halfway to ditching the club who can't get **** organised. I am going to have to spend ages on the phone tomorrow at 7p a minute now and if I can't do it then the club is going to hear from me in person. I am currently simmering. I get the feeling the club counldn't give a flying one despite me being willing to spend in the region of £350 for the two of us to go.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

The train is full it seems.. Lindy you be better off parking outside london and getting the tube in.. I think if i manage to get there. i will stay at totenham and get a tube over. Parking in around wembley will be a night mare.. The roads will be busy and as its a bank holiday the rail will be limited.. hopefully not any tube strikes.. I am not sure if i can go at present with the situation with the young one.. also have to be up early next day for a business meeting in somerset.. dam.. so im hoping.. Plym if i come up will meet up

10. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Sensible, calm down <nahnah>. i am sure you will get through to them or cant re register?

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The train is full as well which well and truely fecks us up then. What's wrong with the club doing something to assist in this. It is a Bank Holiday which bolloxs things a bit in any event. There will be loads of people unable to get there and back on the day at this rate. Not everyone can go and stay for several nights and not everyone can go by private transport either. It seems to me that Argyle have washed their hands off everything but no doubt will be first in line with their hand out for any proceeds. The last time we went to Wembley I went to the club, queued up with a few hundred others, bought tickets and booked a coach at the same time. Paid them my money direct and all was well. This time Argyle are doing absolutely nothing and that is apaulling. Come on Brent sort it out and get off your fecking arse.

12. notDistantGreen

I have to say there was a queue on the online system this morning - 10 to 15 mins - but after that, no problems.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I think if you have booked before then there isn't a problem. But I can't even get to book anything as it tells me I'm not worthy. Also tells son the same thing. I have just read a thread on pasoti where it seems loads of others are having problems too. Some have contacted the club who say contact ticketmaster it's their problem and when they have ticketmaster has reversed this by saying contact the club it's their problem. This is going to turn out to be one huge PR disaster for Argyle if they don't get this sorted out. You cannot afford to alienate a big chunk of your customer base and hope they all forgive you. This is a once in 20 years game which loyal supporters want to see. If they can't and the club wipe their hands off it then that's a recipe for trouble for them. You can't sort out getting there before you've sorted out you have a ticket and the longer it takes to get the ticket the less chance you have of sorting the getting there bit. Like I said previously the club need to be proactive with this and do something to help and not sit on their hands pleading innocence.

14. lyndhurstgreen

Thanks Joe, normally i would agree with you about the tube but I think we will endure the traffic and park in one of the official car parks. Turns out we are in Manchester the night before so will just leave there v. early and hope to get to London about 11- should be able to get to the car park in 4 hours. Not too worried about when/how we get home afterwards, just want to make sure we don't miss the match!

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Bleaging heck.....I started this thread thinking it would be nice to get a few facts etc....on the final and news leading up to it.....seemed to have opened up a right can of worms.

I was expecting a little problem or two seeing that I'm not a season ticket holder at any level....but having bought tickets online last year when Mrs Plym and my good self popped down for a few days and took in the Rovers game I am at least registered and have a password.....but having no privileges I am at the back of the queue with the plebs.......Lindy says that come Wednesday I might be able to buy tickets......which is fine.....as Lindy said we won't be filling Wembley....so tickets should be available at sometime this week.

I can appreciate the difficulty from your end getting transport booked up, especially if you haven't got your tickets sorted out as yet.

I looked at the Wembley ticketing site as well and that looked as if thy weren't at present getting involved with these play-off finals.

16. notDistantGreen

Have you renewed your season ticket Sensible? I didn't read the T&Cs too carefully but perhaps that's the problem.

17. notDistantGreen

Official parking wasn't working yesterday Lyndhurst. I've made other arrangements....

18. lyndhurstgreen

I am using 'Wembley Parking' which is not the official carpark but is only 200 metres from the ground so should be fine.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Day 2 and getting more steamed as time goes by........

I have renewed but that isn't the problem as far as I can see. Still unable to activate although it still says already activated. I don't seem to be getting any joy from trying to change a forgotten password either and am not getting any reply from the club on how or why I either can do or why I can't. The phone is not being answered either. I have managed to book my train tickets and seats for that so I may be going to Wembley to sit outside at the moment. I see others are still having problems so it isn't just me. I personally can't see the point of being a member at the moment as it's getting me nothing in perks at all. I will get tickets but that's if my blood pressure doesn't send me over the top before hand. I still say that the club should have done something better than this. They seem to be wipping their hands off the problems altogether despite this being their customers and them taking their cut of the profits. If it was a shop you wouldn't go there again. Typically this is football and they don't care it seems.

20. lyndhurstgreen

If you get really stuck let me know and I will order through my lad's account (have already used my allocation of 6). suspect your best bet would be to decide which seats you want online and then order via the phone line.