1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wembley Chat.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 16, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Like Messi..........or was that Nessy. I can never remember which it is. We play some decent stuff and it isn't usually hoof and hope. The standard of teams actually playing proper football in league 2 is going up each season.

2. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

TICKETS HAVE ARRIVED.........................:emoticon-0169-dance<party>:1980_boogie_down:<somersault>:emoticon-0170-ninja

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ditto.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm terrible if trying to organise something and never sleep properly if I haven't got the necessary in my possession. All the doom scenarios go through your head about what to do if.......Those smiley things actually were me this morning.

5. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Carefully now Sensible not long to go. ...still waiting for my ticket:emoticon-0107-sweat

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

sensible.....Put your ticket somewhere safe.....BUT don't forget where it is.....nothing like a panic last thing Sunday night searching for this safe place that you put it.

When still working I would empty my wallet etc when going on holiday of things I wouldn't need.....I would be panicking around early Monday morning trying to locate items, keys etc so I could go to work......I always wonder if squirrels know where they have buried things.....I doubt it.

7. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Wonder why Ticketmaster closed so early when another wk. to go. Makes no sense to me at all! Surely could have attracted a few thousand more.

8. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Just had a reply from Argyle and their trying to get extra tickets to be sent to HP.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

To be fair I think that virtually anyone who is going to go would be buying their tickets in the first few days as season ticket holders and a couple of days after for the rest. 3 more days for straglers to sort it out and if you kept it open for any further I doubt you would sell much to make it worth their while. Also they are selling tickets for 3 play off games not just ours. They have to be able to print it off and post it out. Mind you they get well paid for doing it. £2.40 a ticket times around 46000 just for our game is not a bad reward. Add in the other 2 games and they must make £500k. Decent for a weeks work. Not quite sure how they justify £2.40 for postage though.

You don't have to worry plym I will sleep with my tickets in my jimjams (oh hang on I don't wear anything). You're better than BC hp, at least you are making the effort to get here not like some.........I mean, how can you go fishing and hunting while the boys are at the Mecca of Football. (I'll teach him a lesson for beating me at predictions and forcing a ginsters on me).

10. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Oh Sensible just enjoy your day at Wembley if i could send you a Canadian Burger i would.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I was going to say I don't want a Beaver burger but somehow that didn't sound right. I will give them a cheer for you on the day BC and I'd guess you would come if you could. If you are listening to a commentary then I will shout as loud as I can......

<ok>

12. AWAY IN BC

I'm hoping it will be televised over here that way i will spot you in the crowd..

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'll be the one in green then:emoticon-0148-yes:and I'll wave at the camera.

14. AWAY IN BC

Wear your shirt back to front and inside out..

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

My shirt will be the one with Ginsters written on the front. Joe said I had to wear it for coming last.

16. AWAY IN BC

Yea i have that shirt and the striped one..I'm the only person in Canada to wear a shirt like that..plenty of Man U shirts though.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

BC.....your probably not the only one.

Do you ever look at the Greens on Screen website (GoS)....in the top lefthand corner there is a world map....click on it and it shows you where greens live all over the world....there is a list....click on the N American section and you can count at least a dozen greens living in Canada....not noticeably any near you, but those are only the ones that have registered on the GoS website.

If you've never looked at GoS before you will see that it is packed with years of Argyle info....and good for match day results info plus lots of photos relating to that game etc......I'm sure you must have done that.....but I mention it just incase as a distant expat/green you have never found it......I say this just incase you haven't ever looked at it.....so BEAR with me BC (did you notice what I did there).... I'm getting a little old and senile......but not as far gone as sensible of course.

18. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

You need to have your shirt printed on the rear Sensible. I was last this year.. Hope you have a great day out and we are not any longer predicting in league 2.. :emoticon-0162-coffe:emoticon-0162-coffe

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I know I should be grateful for the extention at my age but am I the only one who thinks this is the longest week in history? It's only bleddy Wednesday and about to turn into Thursday but I seem to have been farting around with getting organised and waiting for the day for at least a couple of months now. All this and it will be over in a flash when it gets here.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Now were did you put that ticket sensible.....you better check for the fiftieth time that it's still there.....:huh:....:shocked:....:emoticon-0120-doh:.