1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wembley Chat.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 16, 2016.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Glad you enjoyed it lyndhurst.. yes a pity football cant have the same banter it would be much better.. im off to the rugby tomorrow and that is always good banter and never a problem as far as i have seen.

Hope you all have a good weekend what ever event you are at. Hopefully it will be a treble for the south west this weekend, exeter chiefs, cornwall county rugby and argyle..

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't do away games so I have never had my online stuff sorted out. I go to the club shop every year and buy two seaso tickets for cash. I understand that if I had then I would have had to do ticketmaster previously and by that virtue I would have had my priveleges authorised. Had that been the case then I would have breezed getting the tickets. But, I must have been one of a very many who were in the same boat. Became a member years ago and have changed email addresses since and god knows what the password was. All the club had to do was make ALL of the memberships live online. As it was and what pee'd me off mostly was the fact that I was supposed to have been given preferential treatment for my support and previous cash and I was being denied it because of the way the tickets were being sold. To get it sorted was really difficult and after spending about 30 minutes on the phone on hold I was given a load of rubbish advice which had no way of working. This was meant to be on a helpline as well. If you look around the boards there are plenty of stories like mine. It is very poor and somebody needs to take a long hard look at what Argyle does for it's customers and get a grip.

The railway is another matter and we will see what happens. The club were at fault for not taking the lead and helping people actually get there. 20 years ago it was much much better and easier and times are supposed to have moved on for the better in the meantime.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

The world is fast becoming one where life is impossible unless you use the latest technology. Cheques are already largely dead and contact-less payments from your cards or phone may send cash the same way soon.

In a lot of ways, we're being pushed solutions to problems we don't really have. Wait until driverless cars make an appearance.... who asked for those?

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Contact-less cards are a thiefs god send.......I refused to have one and that was fine with the Halifax who said that I wasn't the only one who refuses to use them.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I had my bank account set up when I was in the Navy and had to have one due to computerised pay. That was some 40 plus years ago and I've never changed it. I only got a card about 3 years ago because it made it easier for me to draw cash if needed. That was the first debit card I had ever owned. I refuse to have anything that's touch. I refuse to use automatic check outs in supermarkets. I'm a customer and I don't expect to do all the work myself. I was given a mobile which only does texts and phone calls by one of my kids. Because my home phone plugs in and has to have an electrical outlet to work it was argued I might need to call somebody if there was a power cut. Not my idea may I add. I don't carry it with me and have never made a call in 2 years on it. They put £10 credit on it and that is what is still there. I don't do online banking and I don't do online buying. I do live in a wonderful 2 up 2 down cave though and dino my pet is a baby diplodocus..............

6. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Really well put Mr. Sens.
    I must admit i'm a little opposite to you using the internet for all bill paying etc and i love the Auto check outs..
    My Debit Card is the way of life for me with very little cash on me.
    My Mobile is the same as yours it just does Text and Phone but i do carry it everywhere i go.
    My Grandchildren are a different breed as i bet are yours.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

My sons and daughter are never without the bloody things in their hand. If I needed to buy anything online they are quite happy to do it. My grandson who is sat opposite me right now (we have him for the night and he gets spoiled staying up wise. He's 13) has every possible gadget known to man and beast. He is never without them and he speaks in grunts only whilst never looking directly at you because he might miss something on one of them. My grandaughters who are 16, just like the grandson never without electronics, and the other 2 who are 8 and 9 know how to work every gadget their dad has. He has so many remotes in his house for this game or that contraption that I'm afraid to pick one up in case I'm trying to turn the tele on with the answer phone. They just sigh at me most of the time....

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It seems that Wembley will be selling the remainder of Argyle tickets on the day.....East Side ticket office will be opening up at 11am.

It looks like the crowd will be between 55,000 & 60,000.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Just back from the rugby and the trains were delayed as usual on normal service.. Chaos in london for the bank holiday.. It will be worse Monday.. Well at least the rugby was a good day out.. Met a chap from Plymouth who had just flew in from Bermuda to watch Argyle at wembley .. well that was some journey..

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just for interest.

Championship Play-off........70,189 attendance.
    Division One Play-Off..........51,277 attendance.

Division Two Play-Off.......should be between 55,000 & 60,000 attendance.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Thanks Joe I feel much better for knowing it's going to be murder before I leave.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Now where did you put that ticket sensible.... for safe keeping.....<doh>.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Bag packed and everything laid out that I'm wearing. Including train tickets and Wembley tickets. Wallet checked for enough pennies. I'm basically ready to go now but I'd be a bit early at the Station.