1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WEMBLEY

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by safc-noggieland, Mar 5, 2019.

1. safc-noggieland

safc-noggieland Well-Known Member

Well now I booked the Travellodge Wembley Over a month ago just in case. Portsmouth nearly 40 thou then our lot there won’t be many places soon and prices will deffo go up. So me and the missus are having a long week-end (thurs - mon). Taking in a show Friday. She gets to shop and I get to the match. By gum I fell good right now and expect to feel even better as the days go by.
    Celebrating now with a dram from north of the border.
    Love everybody right now
    Prediction :-
    SAFC ⚽️⚽️ Portsmouth ( nil, niks, null, zero zilch)

2. safc-noggieland

safc-noggieland Well-Known Member

All I need is a ticket lol.

Montysoptician likes this.
  3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Pretty exciting right, I think we'll win. It feels like this season, with a very sensible manager and owners, has been a redemption for the mistakes of the past and a low key but still satisfying cup win will represent that perfectly.

We nearly beat City not long ago, we can do Portsmouth.

LAMackem likes this.
  4. safcyellowbelly

safcyellowbelly Well-Known Member

Anyone seen anything about getting tickets yet? Live too far away for a season ticket to make sense...

5. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Waiting on Nads, otherwise it's the day bus.

Come on Nads come through for us. Lol

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

6. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

You **** the bed, mate? <laugh>

I'll need to give you a ring, tonight, if its okay? I'm just going to get my head down as I've not been asleep yet. I've set my alarm for 3pm, so I've got time to pack todays orders and get them sent out. I'll ring you after that :)

7. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

I have had an email reminding me of my season ticket number?. Need to register with Ticketmaster apparently.

I still have this nagging doubt that this is a distraction from our main purpose!

clockstander and RTB like this.
  8. RedNWhite4Life

RedNWhite4Life Well-Known Member

So is this basically just gonna be a free for all. No season ticket holder preference. If thats the case its ****ing shambolic from the club.

9. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I don't believe for a second, that is true.

10. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

All ticket sales are now via Ticketmaster NOT the club site.

The Lads are heading to Wembley in the Checkatrade Trophy final, following the win against Bristol Rovers on Tuesday night.
    Jack Ross' side will face Portsmouth on Sunday, March 31st (2.30pm kick-off).
    The club has been allocated 38,979 tickets for the East End of Wembley Stadium and these will be sold from the North Stand round to the South Stand.
    There is a huge volume of tickets to be sold in a very short period of time and it is already an extremely busy period for the club’s ticket office with increasing demand for match tickets and with the season card renewal period approaching.
    Therefore, to ensure that we can best meet the needs of our supporters, we will be working with Ticketmaster, who from next season will replace the club’s current ticketing website provider.
    As is standard practice for the majority of club’s reaching a Wembley final, Ticketmaster will administer all tickets bought online and over the telephone, on behalf of Sunderland AFC. They are also operating the same service for Portsmouth.
    Ticketmaster have a dedicated call centre and website, both of which can handle extremely large volumes of calls and online traffic and operate extended hours. We therefore hope that this will make the booking process easier for our supporters.
    Please note, tickets will not be available from the Stadium of Light ticket office, or through the club’s existing ticketing site or telephone line.

HOW TO BUY

• Supporters must activate their account with Ticketmaster.
    • Supporters need to have their SAFC customer number in order to set up their account. SAFC season card holders have their customer number listed on their season card for easy reference. It can also be found by logging into existing ticketing accounts just here
    • There will be a 48-hour period - Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th March - in which current season card holders including 18, 12 and 8 game season card holders and supporters on the SAFC database with a recent ticket purchase history (the previous two seasons, from 2017-18 onwards) can activate their new Ticketmaster account, before the sales process begins.
    • Accounts can be grouped together during the activation process, allowing friends and family members to apply for seats in the same area (there is a maximum number of nine people per group permitted).
    To activate your account simply visit www.safc.com/activate and follow the instructions.

Full details of ticket prices, eligibility criteria and the sales process will be confirmed shortly.
    https://www.safc.com/news/ticket-news/2019/march/wbhft

11. RedNWhite4Life

RedNWhite4Life Well-Known Member

Just the way I read the article on the safc club website. Just read it again and it stated further details will be announced shortly so I may have jumped the gun. Just registered my account on ticketmaster and waiting for more info I guess.

12. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

13. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

What the ****?

14. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

When are they on sale ???

15. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

We’re trying to get a house booked mate, I’ve not forgotten our chat, I’ll keep you informed. A central London hotel is looking a piss take so we are thinking house in Brent bear Wembley and one of the lads doesn’t drink so we will take his Vito down.

Brian Storm likes this.
  16. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Full details of ticket prices, eligibility criteria and the sales process will be confirmed shortly...

They wont be on sale until Friday at the earliest as they are giving existing account holders time (48 hours) to register their details on the new web site.

17. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Cheers mate just read it thanks

18. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Ticketmaster account holders? I mean this is a ridiculous way to set it up ain’t it? Surely it’s from the EFL not the club?

Were Pompey tickets done this way? It’s madness.

EDIT: yeah actually read the email and it’s pretty much as you’d expect just that Ticketmaster can handle the volume of demand. Actually makes perfect sense ha.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  19. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Portsmouth tickets were sold thro Ticketmaster, no idea if the same system was involved but seems likely it was.

20. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Yeah just actually read the ticketing info and it makes perfect sense to be honest.

There’s a ticket for every season ticket holder plus change, so that’s great in itself. Not all season ticket holders will be able to make it, but will have the option. That’s a perfect setup in reality.

Gil T Azell and RTB like this.