1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread West Ham United versus Norwich City F.C

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, Aug 25, 2019.

?

Who shall win?

1. West Ham

10.5%
  2. Draw

31.6%
  3. Norwich

36.8%
  4. Reading

21.1%
  1. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Just watched game on Sky.
    Outplayed all over the field.
    No more to say,except that f...ing kit.
    It is awfull,ditch it and get back to yellow and green.

2. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

What a disappointing result. I'd be interested to see the stat results for this game after the differences of opinion about how Buendia performed last week, but he looked really off the pace to me (on telly) yesterday. I saw a few instances of him not chasing back when he lost posession and looked a bit lethargic.

No complaints elsewhere including another stellar job from Cantwell in what was a tough and often aggressive press from West Ham's mids.

I'm still excited to see what this team can achieve this year. Fingers X'd for Zimbo and a swift return. I fear the worst but if we can get him back up to speed quickly we'll be roight!

3. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Outrageous tackle on Zimmerman should have been at least a yellow card? Cantwell poor pass led to second goal. Only Man City next.

4. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Reluctantly I agree with this. Not parking the bus, but defending first and counterattacking when possible.

5. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

6. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So does this guy.

7. CitySlicker2010

Surely we must get some reinforcements at CR in January window? The defence was always likely to be put under pressure in PL but with injuries to Klosse, Handley and now Zimmerman we could be under even more pressure. The Klosse injury could be long term. Not sure is the new Spanish lad DM/CB is up to the level of the PL from what I have seen on tv recordings.

8. CitySlicker2010

Is DF likely to be looking at out of contract players who are available? Cahill is one that I have come across although he may now be in a club.

9. DUNCAN DONUTS

Handley Zimmerman & Klosse :cheesy:

canary-dave likes this.
  10. CitySlicker2010

Handley is not PL standard. Klosse looks like a long term injury. Zimmerman is hopefully back soon, but despite your comment DD I still feel that we need reinforcements.

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

I just found it funny that you managed to spell all 3 wrong , I'm a bit childish like that . :emoticon-0136-giggl

ncgandy likes this.
  12. CitySlicker2010

Hanley, Klose and Zimmermann.

13. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Better late than never eh? :)

Bure budgie likes this.
  14. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

And you DD, went and had a go at me for predicting West Ham would win after the Crawley game, and moaning about the Crawley performance in #8 & #13 so in your own words "GET OVER IT!" Think we may have got something from the game if Haller had not crocked Zimbo & the Ref had punished him for his foul on Zimbo. The foul on Zimbo was the turning point in the game, but 2 positives are 1 we are above Watford & 2 Villa, who spent roughly £140m on players are also down there with us

15. DUNCAN DONUTS

No I had a go at you for soiling your pants so early on, I didn't expect us to win I was hoping for any points like we will be doing in ALL of our games.

We are underdogs in virtually every game this season if we finish 17 or above I will be ecstatic.

Feel free to say "I told you we will lose " every game as that will be the likelihood on most occasions , and yes we will have to get over it we are a newly promoted side that spent **** all and have an injury crisis in the first month .

I am going to watch us play Man City next game and guess what ?

We are not favourites to win that either buddy .

I had a good day out with number 1 son yesterday at the game and for me that was worth it .

Enjoy your weekend. <cheers>

canary-dave likes this.
  16. DUNCAN DONUTS

I will remind you that the 11 that lost to Crawley bares no resemblance to the side yesterday.

Hope you had some balloons and a cake?

canary-dave likes this.
  17. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

Why the despondency on here (HMQC apart)? Where's the surprise in having it demonstrated that teams in the EPL have better quality, savvier players and coaches than do teams in the Championship, or that they are at least our equal in terms of fitness and stamina, or that they have an advantage physically compared to, in particular, the youngsters in our team (Godfrey excepted)? Do people think that our players are incapable of learning? That, 4 games into the season, irremediable deficiencies have been definitively exposed? I don't.
    Injury has deprived us of two players who make a big difference, Zimmerman and Hernandez, while on the plus side we have Amadou, still getting adjusted to both us and the EPL, and having to fill in at CB instead of bringing his quality, experience and physicality to our midfield.

Everyone needs to remember that we aren't watching a finished team; we are watching a team needing to grow into the higher league they have earned the right to play in. Keep the faith and enjoy watching our team doing just that.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  18. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

and yet of the the 5 games we've played this season We've turned out good performances in 3 and bad performances in 2 and guess what the 3 we've performed well in Hanley has Captain & played.

19. DUNCAN DONUTS

Graham Handley ?

canary-dave likes this.
  20. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

It’s a very good point you make. Can’t help but feel you have to compare it against the 20 mins we had Zimmermann fit though, albeit that’s probably not enough to fully assess.