1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread West Ham United vs Southampton 31/03/2018 3:00PM KO

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by saintsfcfan, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Arnautovic and Lanzini are going to take the piss out of us in a big way, they will want to get a win to shut their supporters up so think they will win pretty comfortably, 3-0 but with more fight than the Newcastle game because new manager bounce

2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Wow, you've made my post seem positive! <laugh>

3. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Hard to see how us vs Arsenal at the Emirates is a 6 pointer really. #scratcheshead

4. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Bloody hell. That’s very grumpy!

That would entirely depend on those two turning up for their one game a season, and I think Arnautovic has had his.

We could probably do with Dusan’s now.

5. ----HistoryRepeating----

Hopefully he starts against Luxemburg tonight & they kick the crap out of him. He will cause us trouble, he'll want revenge for that red.

Libby likes this.
  6. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

If we can frustrate their players, we can frustrate their fans. It shouldn't take too much for the atmosphere to boil over and turn toxic again. Keep hold of the ball, minimise chances for them in front of goal, keep it goaless or even better, score a goal before half time.

It's pretty much win or bust. COYR

Archers Road likes this.
  7. Saintmagic

Arnautovic has been very good the last 10 games or so, started off slowly but has found his feet. He also apparently hates Mark Hughes so could see him putting in the extra effort to try and get one over on him. Lanzini is just quality, either of them turn up then we could be in trouble. Not going to hold my breath on Tadic doing anything creatively, will probably just do his usual trick of slowing everything down when it isn't needed and then trying to win a free kick when he realises nothing is on because of aforementioned slowing down.

Their back line isn't very good but their attack is better than ours and midfield is similar, so could go either way really, I just enjoy predicting the worse so I am pleasantly surprised if we manage to win.

Oh I also saw over on Saintsweb that McCarthy might be injured? Not seen anything concrete just a few of them over there saying it.

8. ----HistoryRepeating----

Just imagine how scared the ref will be, I reckon that will help them. I think we'll play well and get robbed.

9. ----HistoryRepeating----

Oh I also saw over on Saintsweb that McCarthy might be injured? Not seen anything concrete just a few of them over there saying it.
    --------------

Not been on the dark side, but reading that just sent a shiver down my spine. Had a dream last night that he did his ankle and was out for the season. That really would be a killer blow entering the final stretch. Say it ain't so, please.

10. Saintmagic

I just saw a couple of them chatting about it and how we are ****ed if that is the case. No idea where they got the impression that he is injured from though, probably just didn't see him in a 30 second training video or something and gone into meltdown

11. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

I would agree with your assessment of Arnautovic. In the highlights I have seen, he has been very good, which is why I am hoping he achieves a hat trick.
    Of red cards that is.
    He has been sent off in his last two games against us, iirc, so hopefully someone will entice him into doing something stupid, again. Mark Hughes’ inside knowledge, added to your comment that Arnautovic hates him, could help tip him over the edge.
    Although having said that, WHU turned a 2-0 deficit into a 2-2 before our injury time penalty winner, despite being down to 10 men.

12. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

West Ham United v Southampton
    Referee: Jonathan Moss
    Assistants: Simon Bennett, Andy Halliday
    Fourth official: Graham Scott

13. VocalMinority

VocalMinority Well-Known Member

It's ridiculous how bad we've been at holding onto a lead this season. I'm really hoping it was just negative tactics that will have left with Pellegrino. We seemed to keep the pressure on Wigan after scoring so fingers crossed.

14. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Phew....just woken up at 10.45!! Had time to dream twice about this match and the Hammers scored in last minute to win it both times :( Perhaps I should go back to bed for third time lucky. Two 'experts' on Sky (who are obviously wise and erudite men) have gone for WBA, Stoke and Huddersfield to go down. :)

15. fran-MLs little camera

16. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Mainly mate because we need every point we can get. Every win or draw brings in a point or points and we need em bad.

17. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Arsenal is a 3 pointer because you get 3 points for a win. West Ham is a 6 pointer because...

Oh ****it, I can't be arsed <laugh>

fatletiss and Libby like this.
  18. fran-MLs little camera

Be nice if they were 6 pointers....we'd only need a couple of wins.

19. VocalMinority

VocalMinority Well-Known Member

Arsenal is a 6 pointer because we can still overtake them by winning all our remaining matches but if we lose to them we can't. need to keep our top 6 hopes alive :angel::emoticon-0165-muscl

20. jonny 'hasen' shuttle

jonny 'hasen' shuttle Well-Known Member

i wish i was more confident but this fixture leaves me feeling queezy just thinking about it.

Is Charlie Austin actually fit again - obviouls not match sharp but I would still play him if he's fit - i dont rate Carillio