1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What a ****in' embarresment some Jacks are..

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Norway-jack, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Take your medicine and suck up the defeat ffs !! it aint about our players being **** it was a nip and tuck game just like 99% of all derby games and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose .

Total lack of class moaning about this player and that player etc,etc not one of them players wanted to lose against our rivals but sometimes that's what happens.

We controlled the first half they controlled the second half,we are not playing at our best at the moment so instead of slaughtering the players how about rallying round and supporting the ****ers for a change.

Sometimes we play well and sometimes we play ****e! all those jacks expecting us to muller the dragons were smoking crack IMO ,it was a cup final for them and a chance to forget off field problems,they worked hard stopped us from playing and got a goal from a set piece .

You enjoy the glory when we win so have the balls to suck up the defeats as well

Don't lack class <ok>

2. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

you should give us more credit>>>>with the so called behind the scenes problems and malky walking away again and again.

anyway tiz only a game and life goes on..........im sure your players will have a piss up down wine street again whatever the result today.

derby games are a fking nightmare if you ask me and I don't enjoy them one bit....yeah it gives bragging rights but im not into jumping on the back of another mans glory(footballers of any team)>>>>if I were on the pitch playing mind well I may well have a had a bong or two by now.

good luck for the rest of the season dudes <ale>

3. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Norway, it's not the defeat that rankles, it's the manner of it. Ian Walsh, a very good ex pro, as you know, said that Cardiff deserved it because they were more committed. He added that we lacked the courage and conviction to go for it. He was right!

Interestingly, an article in the Western Mail showed that out of a combined Swansea/Cardiff team, there would be 7 Swans in the side. Probably about right. But that poll was conducted on known ability and performance. Had other factors such as character, work rate, passion etc been the yardstick, how many Swans would have made the line up? Not many judging by today's performance. And it is that we are complaining about, not the result, which has nothing at all to do with class.

4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

What's embarrassing Norway is that level of performance from the players today and Laudrup's bullshit pre match comments about trying to contain them for the first half. We are in a mess at the moment and Laudrup has to sort it out quickly and get rid of the crap like JDG and Dyer<ok>

5. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

We should be gracious when winning and gracious in defeat. So we've lost, life goes on and it will all be history end of next week.

No need of some of the vitriole flying round, pick ourselves right and go onto the next game.

Onwards and upwards.

6. Norway-jack

agree never 100%

Plenty on here including myself are more than happy to take the piss out of red dragon fc but when they beat us it only fair to say well done.

The manner of the defeat ? what the fook is that supposed to mean ? its a derby game and in case you don't remember every single one is always nip and tuck with ****e football for 90mins ,its was no different today,they got the break we didn't ,two **** teams on the field because there was so much at stake, more for them than us I might add.

some jacks are just getting way above themselves, nobody likes to lose but in a derby anything can happen, how about giving credit to the opposition ?

listening to people blame the players and blame the manager smacks of everything I hate about modern football, it always has to be somebodies fault1 maybe that's true but truth be told we lost a ****e game to a ****e team and played ****e a typical derby game where good football is never played ,did they want it more than us ? probably not but they got the break and we didn't .

we arnt playing well of late but ffs lets give a bit of support not slag off every player and manager !

7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I have commended Cardiff on winning, and as far as I'm concerned it's not the losing that is the issue, or the losing to Cardiff for that matter, it's the gutless performance once again this season that is concerning me, and I think it says all you need to know about our dressing room at the minute, and unless Laudrup can sort out our bloody clueless front line, then this season is going to be one long hard slog!....................<ok>

8. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it lads you'll be fine and so will we good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you enjoy your European adventure

9. ivoralljack

"The manner of defeat? What the fook is that supposed to mean?" (NJ)

What the fook do you think it means? I'd like a nice cup of tea, or what? It's pretty self explanatory to me.

I refer you, YET AGAIN, to remarks Ian Walsh made, remarks which you have pointedly ignored because they conflict with the gallant loser posture you have adopted. "Didn't turn up; lacked conviction; lacked courage; were beaten not by the better team but by the more committed team". Would you care to pit your opinion against his and say he's wrong? I happen to agree with him but, if I didn't, I would at least stop and think about it. You plough on regardless.

Cardiff had a game plan. They stuck to it, got their set piece and got the result, so congratulations to them. Perhaps we should now try introducing some of this "commitment" to a few of our players.

10. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

Disagree about Cardiff putting on any sort of strategic master-class. What took Laudrup by surprise was that they, the home team, 'parked the bus' so obviously. Thought Cardiff were poor, did they create anything from open play?

11. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

I expected more from you boys>>>>>>something is missing from about 7 months back,i wouldn't have a clue what it is because I don't watch you lot regular enough 2 make a honest comment>>>>what is it do you think that isn't clicking of late??

Europe taking toll maybe or some other problem......is it a language barrier.......is it the pressure of keeping up with your last few seasons of great games of tempo and confidence.........is it foot off the peddle with contracts blah blah bla............

all in all not the best derby games ive ever watched but one that has gone off peacefully <ale>

good luck for the rest of the season lads <ok>

12. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Can't disagree with NJ on this. Swans fans think we really are Barcelona.

WE'RE NOT!!!! Ivor is rapidly becoming the Victor Meldrew of this forum.

Yes we're hurting because nobody likes losing to a weaker team (and they are) particularly a local derby. But our record up there remains impressive and this vcould have gone either way.

It's time our fans had a reality check. Newcastle lost to the Mackems but beat Chelsea a week later. That's the Prem and that's why we love it.

13. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Sorry Knackered, but you get the 'Meldrew' prize, no one else comes close mate!..................<cheers>

14. ivoralljack

Victor Meldrew? :biggrin: Why? Because I tell it as it is? I'm the one who keeps saying that we are NOT Barca! It was Norway who said on another post that exceptional footballers can't be runners as well. We don't have exceptional footballers, other than Michu, which is why I've always advocated signing a lot more grunt to go with what we have.

Yes, today's game could have gone either way which makes it more frustrating. The consensus of every pundit that I've heard today is that Cardiff won because they wanted it more. I'll tolerate most things from my team but lack of commitment is one thing I'll never accept. Nor should anyone else!

15. Norway-jack

Ivor way the fook should I care what Ian Walsh says ? its just his opinion and is worth as much as anybody elses, is Ian Walsh the fountain of knowledge or something?...<laugh>

don't get your knickers in a twist because we lost to Cardiff, we are all pissed off with it but sometimes you really need to step back and evaluate the game in the cold light of day.
    Half the bollocks posted by some jacks on here tonight will be cringeworthy for them to read when sober and when the team turn it around .

Cardiff won a tight game from a set piece goal as a result of crap defending from us, all the other stuff you talk about is just guff , Cardiff didn't want it any more than we did its just that their game is built on running around and stopping the opposition from playing while hitting them on the break and scoring from set pieces .

The team isn't playing well and hasn't been for a while the issues probably go further than the players "not being up for it "

KJ , I am astounded by the attitude of some on here tonight, not the kind of people id want to be stuck in the trenches with that's for sure..<ok>

16. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

Sorry Norway, these players are being paid by the club, a club that we support, a club that earns its money from supporters, via tv rights which are also paid for by supporters.

They all knew what this game meant to us, and on first half performance I was happy, but the second half was an absolute shambles. And if you think we should bend over and take it, without saying a word, then go change your shirt to a red one, but I certainly will not. Do I want Laudrup out, no chance, but over the years our midfield has been our main ingredient, our work horse, our engine, yet of late I have not seen that.

Our wingers are utter ****e, and thats not kneejerk, I have been saying it all season.
    JDG does nothing when the going gets tough, thats not kneejerk, thats been all season.
    Shelvey didn't get stuck in yesterday, that is kneejerk, as usually he does.

That was our midfield gone, our work horse not working, our engine stuttering.

So when I create a thread to tell them they call all **** off, i bloody well mean it. It is not kneejerk, its exactly how I feel. That performance from them yesterday was criminal, it was absolutely appaling. Walking around with their big time charley attitdues.

Or is it that you did not see Ash have a go at the midfield players time and time again, or was it that you ddin't see that JDG could have stopped Vorm being sent off if he didn't constantly jog around the bloody pitch.

17. Kifflom!

Because we lost that doesn't mean our players were strolling around like 'big time charlies'. I totally agree that their players seem to have wanted it more second half but I put this firmly at Laudrup's door who seems to be escaping the flak from most fans. He openly stated before the game that the team was going to give it a go first half, implying that we would try and hold on to what we had second half. It was clearly a game plan that backfired.

If you want to blame someone blame the Manager, but ultimately you can't deny Cardiff deserved the win so as NJ righty says we suck it up and support the team. We have better players and should finish above them this season. I still believe we will thump Cardiff down here and that they will be in a relegation dogfight but time wil tell. If they stay up they'll deserve it.

Long way to go yet. <ok>

18. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Well, no surprise to see Ivor banging the 'Commitment' drum after the defeat. Is he justified?

At a team level, I thought we saw a fairly even game. We had a better first half, they had the better second half. I didn't see much evidence of Cardiff 'wanting it more' or vice versa. Their game plan plan was effective and our Achilles heel, as usual of late, is the inability to break down a team that defend in numbers.

At an individual level I guess the usual suspects will come under fire. We have (probably) the smallest and most lightweight squad in the Premier League and that includes our first choice keeper. We have chosen to have these players to play a particular style - they weren't forced on us. You'll never get Dyer, Britton, Routledge, Pablo, Pozuelo or de Guzman making aerial challenges or banging in the tackles as they're not built for it or it's not in their genetic make-up.

That can change, of course. We can get Pulis or Allerdyce in as manager to shout and scream from the touchline and sign a team full of Lee Cattermoles and then you will get plenty of 'commitment'. A change for the better? I doubt it. Ivor may argue that there must be some middle ground in there somewhere.

I can foresee a defeat in Russia and a horrible home game with Stoke. Mercifully, we will then have a 'real' international break when we can re-group and hope for a better run-in to the end of the year.

19. Kifflom!

A well balanced post AD. <applause>

20. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

who is going to get Michus gig?