1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What a time to be a Sunderland fan

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Southern A, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

Bit of a random post this, but what a brilliant time this is to be a Sunderland fan, despite where we are in the big scheme of things.

A team that works hard and plays for each other.

A proactive manager with a clear plan and the ability to change things up on the fly.

An ambitious owner wanting us to progress.

The whole last 6 months have gone very quickly. I just think its easy to take for granted how much better things are now than they were at any point in the last 5 years frankly, since Big Sam left.

I still think we are absolutely favourites for promotion, and I believe we will go up this year. But even if we don't, I hope fans remember how bad it could have been. LJ has proven that if he'd been here all season we'd have likely gone up, and I'd fully back him to get us promoted next year.

This summer is going to be exciting no matter what. Either we are building a squad to compete in the championship or we are finally getting to see how a team at this level SHOULD have been built. I'm confident it will be the former, but even if it doesn't quite go to plan over the next 6-7 weeks, we are still a million miles better off than we were before Christmas.

2. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

I agree 100%
    But not everyone is of the same opinion <devil>

WUM_SAFC4ever.GIF

Ozzymac and smithy in nl like this.
  3. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Another bedwetter RTB who undoubtedly will defend their right to that opinion which is fair enough, just don't want to hear it during a spell where the whole club is trying to get us out this awful league.

Blond Bombshell and RTB like this.
  4. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

Or when there's still 20 minutes left of the same game their crying about.

sad-eyed prophet and RTB like this.
  5. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

It will be exciting this close season either way but it will be a lot more exciting if we go up just the quality of player we will be looking at for a start will make a hell of a difference so not going up now will be like a double kick in the gonads for me although I will still look forward to next season and hope it’s one like Reidy’s

Draig and RTB like this.