1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What day of the week is it thread

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

My wife said, “You weren’t even listening, were you?”

And I thought, “that’s a pretty weird way to start a conversation.”

Guywanderer, Ron and Stokenchurch yid like this.
  2. Stokenchurch yid

Stokenchurch yid Well-Known Member

<laugh>

3. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

It looks like McCarthy has gone back to his club, was he the only player we had on loan. The s*** has finally hit the fan for us.

4. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

When you think we have lost £1millon in turnover on crowds averageing 6,000, it makes you wonder what clubs with far bigger gates than us have lost in income since March.

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ask yourself why the bigger clubs don't want to give up the season. This is probably three parts of the answer. They know you can't replace players you lose and they know you are bound to lose some. They even have the nerve to put the word "integrity" in their reasoning as in "to maintain the integrity of the competition". They don't have any.

Guywanderer and Stokenchurch yid like this.
  6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We were set to have a shoot out with the bunch up the road from us who sat just behind us in 4th. The ticket sales for that gave us a gate of 16000. Had things gone the right way we would have maintained that for the remaining 3 home games and would have had something like 14 to 15000 at each. We must have lost in the region of £1.5m on those 4 games alone. That is pretty much ticket sales let alone the other things that go with match day.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

On Loan

Jason McCarthy on loan from Millwall for the season
    Nnamdi Ofoborh (midfilealder) on loan from Bournemouth for the season
    Giles Philips (defender) on loan from QPR for the season
    Paul Smyth (striker) on loan from QPR for the season

Contracted until summer 2020
    Adebayo Akinfenwa
    Matt Bloomfield
    Jacob Gardiner-Smith - on loan to Braintree for 3 months from Christmas eve
    Joe Jacobson
    Sido Jombati
    Craig Mackail-Smith - on loan to Stevenage until end of season
    Jamie Mascoll
    Alex Pattison

8. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Morning all looks like being the last of the good weather for a while buy we need some rain
    Stay safe

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  9. Guywanderer

Chairman issues statement to supporters.

No images? Click here

please log in to view this image

This morning I informed the Club’s Board of Directors, Manager, and employees of its current financial status and the steps I have implemented to preserve the Club’s future.

The Club has essentially been without revenue since the beginning of March. Our loss of revenue even with the utilization of the furlough plan has exceeded £1,000,000 through the end of May. On a going forward basis, we anticipate our loss of revenue will continue at the rate of £350,000 a month.

While no one really knows for sure when we will be able to return to playing in front of crowds, it seems reasonably certain that it will not happen until at least September and many speculate not until at least December. It is apparent that the Club’s losses as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak may exceed £2,500,000. If we are required to play games behind closed doors, whether to try to complete the season or in playoffs, these costs will go up.

When the suspension of the season took place, we were fortunate that the Club was in good financial shape. There was little debt, improved relationships with our vendors, a responsible player budget, and the team was doing great on the pitch. Importantly, the Wycombe Way of a great relationship among supporters, staff, and players was solid. I suspect it would have been hard to find another club with as much of a justified sense that our best days were just ahead.

The pandemic has changed things for all of us. We have to make sure that we keep uppermost in our minds those who have lost their lives or suffered from this pernicious disease and those who have willingly sacrificed their time and energy to assist those in need. The problems of the Club are truly minuscule in comparison.

But we have a business to run and our job is to make sure it survives and thrives into the future. As such, we need to deal with economic reality. During our negotiations to assume control, I made a commitment to take whatever reasonable steps I could to mitigate any need to make a cash call on the Trust that could result in a diminishment or elimination of the Trust ownership. The steps we are taking today are consistent with that pledge.

Today, we have informed all our non-football staff presently on furlough that their pay will be limited to that which we receive from the furlough plan. Through May 31, everyone has received 100% of their pay. The Club has made up the difference. Going forward, these furloughed employees will receive 80% of their salary with a maximum payment of £2500 per month. We are also recommending that they begin the search for alternative employment once furlough ends.

I have also informed our manager that the Club will be without the services of Jason McCarthy. Jason is a wonderful player and a terrific guy. He was on loan to us from Millwall. While they and he were willing to extend the agreement through the remainder of this season, and he would unquestionably be helpful if play resumes in any circumstances, we simply can’t afford him. I am confident that the remainder of the team can achieve success when we are allowed to return.

The Club will survive this crisis as it has in the past. However, it will only do so by taking hard necessary steps to deal with the reality of our economic situation.

Please stay safe.
    Rob Couhig

10. Guywanderer

June Trust Update

Dear Trust Member,

I thought that when I sent out the June update we'd be clear how the season is going to end...but it seems like there is more discussion to come. It now looks like the proposal on how to end the season will be voted on next Monday, June 8th, and then training possibly starting on w/c June 15th. However there may be yet more twists to come, but it looks like we are edging towards clarity.

As you will have seen from tonight's message from Rob Couhig, the economic facts of life are extremely difficult right now, but the Trust Board are unanimous that Rob will get us through the current problems.

Closer to home, the face-mask initiative designed to raise funds for The Trust and the One Can Foundation has been a great success. Total mask sales are now virtually 1000 and we have raised approximately £2500 for the One Can Foundation and the same for the Trust. If you haven't got your mask yet, click this link and it will take you to our eBay site, where you can purchase one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383527829569

The main reason for sending this update is to let you know that we have today launched the new Trust website. It is modern, up to date, has great images and all the info you need to have as a Trust member. You can find out about the latest news on the Home page, about the Trust Board, recent Trust meetings, our eBay shop and lots more. Here's where you find it:

http://www.4everblues.com or http://www.wycombewandererstrust.com

Make sure you go to the new site and see for yourself.

Finally I hope you're all enjoying this fantastic late Spring weather, staying safe and like me looking forward to seeing some live football. Firstly the Premiership and eventually the bit that matters, League 1 and the Mighty Blues.

Regards

Nigel Kingston

Trust Chairman

Stokenchurch yid and Ron like this.

11. Guywanderer

Morning all we are having a drop of rain

Stay safe

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rain? What is that? Can we have some please?

13. Stokenchurch yid

We haven't had any in stokenchurch yet either ron

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Maybe Guy was just standing in the wrong place when some birds flew over

Stokenchurch yid likes this.
  15. Stokenchurch yid

<laugh> I never watered my garden because they said it would rain from 8 this morning until 4 this afternoon, bloody weatherman ain't got a clue

Ron likes this.
  16. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Well it's been raining fairly heavily for an hour in Somerset so it's your way soon <whistle>

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Forecasted for tomorrow here.

18. Stokenchurch yid

Still no rain here

19. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

It's sticky here i wouldn't be surprised to see a storm overnight which we need to clear the air,that will bring back memories for Rovers fans <laugh><laugh><laugh>

Ron and Stokenchurch yid like this.
  20. Stokenchurch yid

<laugh>:emoticon-0148-yes: