1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What is the jumps horse that excites you the most?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by TopClass, Oct 18, 2014.

1. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

So barring the fun and games of the Breeders and Melbourne Cup, the flat is done. Certainly in the UK anyway.

What is the jumps horse that excites you the most?- name just one and give a one line explanation.

I don't have a whole host on my radar this year, but mine would probably be..based on some of its novice form....Un Atout- built like a chaser, had enough speed as a novice hurdler to run over 2m and finish 4th in a Supreme Novice, and will be stepped up in trip in line with the way SIR DES CHAMPS was, with Davy Russell saying he is potentially better than that one <ok>

2. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Hi TC, good choice there with Un Atout, will be on a lot of peoples radars this year no doubt and hopefully he can show his potential once more over fences.

I would plump for Abbyssial of Willie Mullins..Has the size and scope to progress over fences and will receive weight for age allowances in Novice chases and should be capable of mopping up a fair few prizes over the coming months.

3. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

Could list ten but there all very obvious and we all know whose heading the Cheltenham ante-post so I'll name one whose not quite as heralded.

Tell us More
    Winning pointer now under the astute handling of Mr Mullins, this one needs to be very good to live up to his £290,000 price tag! This now Gigginstown owned beast won his point to point despite nearly running out avoiding a dolled off fence and showed real tenancity to claw the lost ground up on the run in. The videos on You Tube, if I'm on the laptop later I'll try and stick it up. Won a bumper last season very impressively, though could have been donkeys behind as the form hasn't been really tested. Seems to have a big old cruising gear in him. On the ATR stable tour Willie says he'll be out soon. We all know Mullins excellent record in the Neptune, it would be interesting to see who his number one is for it. I think this horse could just be the one. I'm on already at 20s and 12s to win any race at Cheltenham.

[video=youtube;PgjiRpOF1f4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgjiRpOF1f4[/video]

EDIT: Added video. Just noticed it was a one liner Toppy asked for, sorry I've wrote a story!

4. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Fairly straightforward answer from me - Sprinter Sacre. The most naturally talented horse I have ever seen, I am truly hoping he can return to his majestic best this season. I can watch the replay of his Melling Chase win until the cows come home - never tire of watching him.

5. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Sire De Grugy. Still the most under-rated horse in training.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Obviously the same 2 one star voters as the Cheltenham thread, Why bother lads?

7. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Flemenstar There is definitely more to come from this horse and I sincerely hope that he overcomes his injury and benefits from a move to the Martin yard.
    P.s. And Simonsig

8. the don

the don Well-Known Member

Harristown! Should see him this week....

9. SaveTheHumans

Good stuff Don any idea where this week? You think chasing will see him in an even better light?

10. the don

Fontwell on Wed or Aintree on Saturday. He's staying hurdling, the step up in trip is what hes been crying out for so will go chasing next year. Hes lightly raced and still got some scope to grow so better to wait a year until he is fully developed although he will obviously lose a bit of his WFA allowance. Will update with the plan when i know.

11. stick

stick Bumper King

He wont see a fence this season STH. Next year....will be a beast when he jumps fences imo.

My pick............PRESENT TREND..........of course!

Of all the others, THE NEW ONE Champion Hurdler in waiting!

12. SaveTheHumans

Thanks lads, good stuff. I will be following the progression and wish the two of ya's the best with both Harris and PT for the future.

13. the don

My second most exciting is Trendy followed by you know who at the yard... although wasnt back in the yard when i was there!

14. the don

Thanks STH, fingers crossed, never know we could land a double with them! Hahahah

15. stick

stick Bumper King

Harley?

16. the don

17. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

I love watching bold front running chasers, with the likes of Monets Garden in the past really appealling to me. To this I am really looking forward to see if Uxizandre can go on this season and get somewhere closer to the top table. I believe he starts in the Old Roan next weekend and I hope they aim him at the King George if he has improved.

To the same, I really enjoyed watching Creepy on his chase debut, his bold jumping was very taking and I hope he progresses similarly.

18. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Easy one to answer for this correspondent. Mr Henderson&#8217;s BEAT THAT. A dual Grade1 winning hurdler (from just 4 starts over timber) as a novice when still a mere baby. Has now matured and strengthened and expect him to hit the very top in the staying hurdler sphere this term. Potentially Mr Henderson&#8217;s latest superstar.

19. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Vautour for me, looks very special <ok>

20. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Have to agree with Oddy in Sprinter Sacre - can't wait to see him the Tingle Creek he hs everything just hope he is the same horse (I'm sure he will be too)

And Faugheen blitzing the champion hurdle field going up the hill come March!