1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What Next For These Players?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by SIDDAS, Mar 26, 2021.

1. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

So the season is now in it's final push and everything looks rosy for Premiership Football for next season.
    The Board and Staff will surely all be looking at new recruits as well as letting players go.
    From the grapevine we are wanting 5 first team players for next season.
    Bielsa is known for have a lean squad because he likes to only have players who can play. he doesn't like keeping players just for the sake of it.
    Will he change that next season? who knows but he's generally a man who keeps to what he knows best and works for him.
    So if Five are coming into the first team squad next season surely that means five have to go the other way right? or at least near that number if he sticks to his guns in keeping a lower squad depth.
    Anyway that up for discussion in another thread and for another day.

This Thread is about Loans
    We currently have 12 players on the books 11 away to different clubs. One being a u18. And one pretending to be a footballer the one and only Ouasim Bouy

Where do these go when they come back?
    Who will stay? who will go?
    If we are bringing in new first team talent surely these are the players looking at their current futures at Leeds.
    The Players.
    B.Douglas
    R.Edmondson

L De Bock
    J.Stevens
    R,Gotts
    M.Bogusz
    A.McCalmont
    K.Temenuzhkov
    R. Mujica
    B. Hosannah

-----------------------------------
    O.Bouy ( Take him to next Pre season and lose him in the woods)

M. Turner (u18)

Who out of that lot gets another crack?
    Players are getting older some have outgrown the u23 level maybe not by age but by needing first team football.
    Personally none of these players get in my squad next season.
    None are receiving rave reviews at their lower level clubs to even be considered at Premiership level.
    Yes some are still learning their trade but they are still millions of miles from getting in our first team well that's what i think personally.
    Some could be thrown out on loan again i suppose but are we really seeing any Premiership footballers here?
    Bogusz probably one who has the makings but does he get in my next season squad sadly no. Not if we are improving the midfield in general.

So what's your views on our loan list?
    Which of these guys are finished at Leeds?
    If you don't think some are finished what plans you think we have for them?

Discuss.

My first debate for the forum.
    Thought it was about time I gave something.
    Discuss.

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I still feel we missed a trick with Douglas, I can’t figure out why he wasn’t ahead of Alioski at LB

I have to agree with you Siddas, I’d let them all go, the current u23s are all far more promising than the youngsters on the list, Bogusz was another who was drooled over when we signed him all a bit strange.

SIDDAS likes this.
  3. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Barry Douglas contract expires this summer I think. He has done well at Blackburn. Just think it was bad timing between him and Leeds as he is a very talented footballer.

Ryan Edmondson impressed at Aberdeen but once they got their main strikers fit was benched. He is currently impressing at Northampton with his build up play. Missed the last couple of games due to personal issues. Still only 19. I'd put him out on loan again next year.

De Bock seems to be getting gametime out on loan but he won't be needed at Leeds. Need to offload. Will be released this summer by the sounds of it.

Jordan Stevens was sent back by Swindon saying that he needs to knuckle down a bit more. Sent out to Bradford where he is continuously on the bench. Might have to cut this one loose.

Robbie Gotts has regularly been one of Salfords best performers. Deserves to go out again next year hopefully at Huddersfield in the Championship which would be make or break season for him.

Bogusz is playing games out on loan but I'm not too sure how he is doing tbh. He is still young and rumour suggest Corberon and Huddersfield want him next year. Make or break season if that's the case.

McCalmont has been outstanding for Oldham getting rave reviews most weeks. Capable of playing higher level and should go out on loan again next year hopefully in the Championship.

Kun is playing Spanish 2nd division. From what @Doc says, he seems to be going OK. There are interested clubs wanting to sign him.

Mujica I think will leave in the summer. He's done OK out on loan but can't see him returning.

Bryce Hosannah is either injured or man of the match at Bradford. They just can't get him on the field enough.

I think moving forward the club might take a Chelsea stance on loaning kids out with a view of selling them for profit later. This certainly looks the case for alot of the kids mentioned. Get them some senior appearances under their belt then sell them on.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    SIDDAS, Whitejock and ristac like this.