1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What Price for Manky and Cardiff to Fail

Discussion in 'Watford' started by HHTFC1, Apr 21, 2012.

1. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

As it stands, if Cardiff only draw next week, A 11-0 thumping for Watford would mean Manky and Cardiff would miss out on the play-offs - Would it be worth such a drubbing? I know its a lot of ifs and maybe's, but would you accept such a result to ensure Cardiff and the 'Pie Eater' fail?

2. Mitch_wfc

Mitch_wfc Member

3. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Cardiff won't lose to Palace...

They seem worried we might play a load of youngsters.

I'd suggest they ought to be more concerned if Yeates/Loach and Garner are in the side rather than Whichelow or even Massey.

4. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

no need for a drubbing ,if palace win and boro win then boro make the play offs interesting scenario us actually might be in a position to aid or abet MM

5. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

This has been suggested before and, for me, it's a complete non-starter. I shall be travelling 80 miles to watch my team hopefully round off a better than expected season with a home win. I couldn't care less about some other team in Wales or whoever manages them.

6. Mitch_wfc

Mitch_wfc Member

Watford's and Sean Dyche's priority's come first, this is what matters. That and the fact that all Championship players are highly paid and are all supposed to be professionals.

Im going to be genuinely worried if Cardiff do get in the play-offs, coz I can envisage certain Watford fans from this site trying to commit suicide.

Hey, Leicester relegated us back in 96, so why dont people talk about them like they do about Cardiff????

7. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

If the match was away, a Middlesbrough win would guarantee Cardiff missing out, and we had already ensured that this was statistically a better season than last year, then maybe I'd be indifferent to whether or not we ended on a high.

But we're in 14th place on 61 points this season, which is precisely how Malky's best season (last year) finished. So for me, taking something off of Middlesbrough would be a better way of showing him up as far as 99% of us are concerned.

Can't see Cardiff beating Southampton in the playoffs anyway.

8. Si

Si Member

I want us to win and finish in the top half which would round off a surprisingly good, if not always attractive, season. Besides West Ham losing in the semi-final then Cardiff losing in the final (oh and QPR getting relegated) would be far more satisfying.

9. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

i agree..we've made 61 points, to get 62 or 64 would be awesome...it's what the team want, to finish higher than last season, and with more points. If Cardiff get to the playoffs, we can hope they won't go further, knowing that we have achieved more under SD than we did with MM :)

10. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Neither can I, Southampton are going to be in the autos with West Ham in the playoffs.

11. Mitch_wfc

Mitch_wfc Member

And if Cardiff win the play-offs...........................will you cry and not talk to anyone for a week??

12. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

er...no Mitch lol..but i wouldn't be happy...can you seriously imagine me not talking to anyone for a week? lol...not possible tbh ;)

13. Saxet

Saxet Well-Known Member

Don't Mackay and Sean Dyche remain good friends? Despite what has happened at the organisational level, I am sure Sean will do his best to help a pal out.

So yeah - this one is a non-starter.

14. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

they do apparently...though i'm sure SD won't see it as helping out a mate, rather...just doing the best we can ;)

15. Al the Hornet

Al the Hornet Well-Known Member

I really cannot believe that people are even thinking about letting Boro beat us<yikes><grr> You support your own team and want them to win every game giving 100% each and every game! I really could not give a flying f**k about Baadiff!!!!! Some people need to have a long hard look at themselves in the mirror, we are Watford supporters are we not!?!

16. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Did Leicester recruit our Manager? It is not Cardiff we have a problem with but MM - he signed a contract and two months later walked out on it - had he been more honest and dare I say acted with integrity he would have stalled on the contract renewal till the end of the season and then left. We would have understood that more easily.

You just don't understand Mitch that some people are more than one dimensional. We all want Watford to win and usually that means every game. However occasionally - just occasionally - other factors also need to be considered. If losing would relegate L*t*n I suspect quite a number of Hornets would accept it. In this instance if we win draw or lose there is a high probability we will finish where we are as the 3 rivals above us are all at home in games they might be expected to win and below us only Ipswich can catch us - if they win away. So it is not likely that our result will matter in terms of position. So if you really disliked MM you may consider that a one off "unimportant" defeat would be worth it.

For myself - I hope we win- it is the last game of the season and we are at home so it would be good to finish on a high - and to better last season's points total. I hope Cardiff get thumped by West Ham and fail to get to Wembley. The following season I will not care about MM one way or the other - he like Rodgers will just be another ex-manager. Unlike you though MItch I can understand and sympathise with others who still hope to prevent MM getting to the play-offs - and do not consider their views hysterical

17. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

That was probably because most recognised that Leicester were due payback from the Forties when we signed half their team in one hit. ;)

18. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

I hope Cardiff get to the play-offs and get smashed - but not because of MM in particular, but because my belief that they should never be in a English league anyway.

19. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

with you on that too w_y :)

20. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Can't agree there - they were in the English league before Watford so have a right - just because a few scrubby little Welsh teams formed their own league would not give the likes of Cardiff and Swansea a decent competition - it would be unfair to chuck them out. Wrexham and Newport prefer to stay in the Conference to going into the Welsh league hoping to get back into the league proper. I don't think it is even called the English League. If we did not want the Welsh in we should not have ruled them for a thousand years and abolished their legal system and tried to destroy their language. :)