1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What signings do you expect in Jan?

Discussion in 'Reading' started by Beardsley's Shimmy, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Beardsley's Shimmy

Beardsley's Shimmy Well-Known Member

As per title.

2. Tilehurstsouthbank

Difficult to say really. Rumours abound that we're going to sign 10 players, but that's more the Tabloids stirring the pot. Anton said: "We're looking at 10 players".

Arshavin is one that keeps rearing it's head, but I suspect if it did come off, it would be a loan deal.

3. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Ten? Ten? Ten?

I really hope that is, as you suggest, tabloid speculation. That would be quite an overhaul of the present team/squad and a potentially dangerous one for no end of reasons.

Arshavin could be useful as he does look a bit out of favour these days but Tilehurst, what areas do you believe need strengthening? I have only seen Reading once this season, against Norwich obviously, but it's hard to make a judgement on just one game.

I have noticed you are scoring plenty of goals so I am thinking your 'top end' is probably okay for now but you will be a better judge than me.

4. Tilehurstsouthbank

Tbh, I don't think we're lacking in too many areas. A box to box midfielder would be the first signing I would like to see or someone more creative. We have Danny Guthrie, but he's not settled in well so far and Brian does like his two CM's to be quite defensively minded.

RB is another area that is causing some minor issues. Gunter has experience, but get's caught out of position and lacks pace and Cummimngs has pace, but lacks experience.

5. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Yep, one thing is "We're looking at 10 players", and another "we're going to buy 10" - it's a gross exageration by the media! No-one knows how much cash might be made available by the wealthy young owner, but my humble guess would be an absolute maximum of four players, and knowing Brian that's pushing it too ...