1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

what team

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by connor wigham, May 23, 2011.

1. connor wigham

connor wigham Active Member

hi i have never been into basketball but after getting nba 2k11 i now love it i want to start watching it however i dont know what team to support im english so have no hometeam and dont know players so have no favs please help

2. overseasTOON

overseasTOON Active Member

New Jersey Nets.

Grew up in NJ as a kid for 8 years so I'm certainly biased.

3. connor wigham

Are they a good team ?

4. connor wigham

not a bad team =)

5. KingslandKate

KingslandKate Member

I spot a Spurs theme here........:cheesy:

6. KingslandKate

KingslandKate Member

Wigan, I've recently got into the NBA having been on hols in NY in January. I'm in the same situation, I'm not quite sure who to follow. Miami Heat & LA Lakers seem to be the Man Utd's/Chelsea's of the NBA with a lot of people following them.
    Personally I like both those teams but I enjoy watching the Knicks too (maybe that's the NY connection though!)

7. connor wigham

the heat (good team but dont want to be a glory)
    celtics (boston red socks fan)
    kings (dont know like them a little)
    bulls (jordan)

the only teams i dont like is the 2 LA teams

8. Henducas

Henducas Member

phoenix suns :) not doing great atm but theyve got steve nash whos a pretty good footballer (but supports spurs)

9. connor wigham

i love how in amarica almost all teams have 1 stand out player because of the draft rules

10. connor wigham

well actually you have to add the spurs into that list of exiting teams and for pure freak show talent how about the rockets and ming

11. Lummiepie

Lummiepie Member

I visited MSG in January and watched the Knicks get beaten by the Clippers and due to my buying a Knicks shirt I have followed their fortunes since.

A day or two after I went they signed Carmelo and Billups and they got a little better and made the playoffs, though they were spanked by the Celtics.

I am hoping that by become a NYK fan while they are average I can see them become better over the next few years, rather than jumping on to an already great side.

As a Bristol City fan I am pretty used to being slightly below the status that our fans and follers want and expect, perhaps I am just glutton for punishment.

Still Draft day.... Pretty exciting.

12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I used to follow the Sonics when the NBA was on sky years ago.

13. connor wigham

when is the draft and when/where can i watch it

14. JackLifeLynch

JackLifeLynch Member

Yao Ming is just immense! Madness right there hahah....... I've always been a fan of the Lakers and the bulls but then im only 21 and was kind of given them to support as a kid. i love following the NBA but find it hard living such a busy life but at the moment im a big fan of the boston celtics but remember about the conferences so you can really support a few hahah! i love watching the magic and hawks and pacers too..... i struggle to watch many games though as i cant find any sites with the uk tv listings so if you guys have any that could help that would be awesome!

15. Lummiepie

Lummiepie Member

Sounds about right, like I say as a Bristol City fan I am used to it, but at 29 I like to think I have atleast 40 years of supporting in me and when they finally do achieve something I will be able to say I was there when they were bland.

I hope they can add some balance somewhere, Carmelo and Am're seem to be considered two fo the leagues top 20 sort of players, and I see Billups was in the Olympic team a few years back. We have just aquired one of the "so-say" better defensive prospects in the draft (though at 17 I cant help but think they may be talking him up a bit).

I can imagine the draw of NYC and the fact they are the finacially a powerhouse there is surly a chance to aquire top talent?

I see there is a wage cap but surly there is ways of drawing in another big fish?

16. connor wigham

you think the knicks are bad im now a kings fan we have evens rookie of the year and a ball hogger, cousins great player who wants to leave and thornton great role player who has left we made a mare of a draft pick and moved our 7th pick and a ok player for an old player charging way to much and the 10th pick we are moving out of sacramento to a place with 2 teams already

though on a lighter note we did get jj for casbi which i thought was ok

17. CRANGMAN

CRANGMAN Member

I support the 76ers because my parents brought me back a Iverson top when they went to NY the year he won MVP. I also have allegiances to the raptors because i've got family in Toronto. I recently supported the Bulls because i wanted to support a team going for the championship and i love Atheletic PGs in the Iverson mould ala Derrick Rose.

The best part about watching a new sport is you have no allegiances especially overseas so you can pick whoever you like watching, And with single players being able to dominate as its only 5 man teams you can just pick your fav player and watch there team.

18. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Celtics.....just because.

19. QPR New York

QPR New York Active Member

Both the NY Knicks and BROOKLYN Nets (they moved from the swamps of New Jersey this year) are off to great starts. The Nets are now geographically closer to my home than the Knicks, but I have been a Knicks fan since the 1970's.

I'm on the verge of jumping ship to the Nets.
    I was born in Brooklyn and Brooklyn is a part of Long Island, although a Borough of New York City.

20. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

Knicks. Used to pick them in nba jam when I was a nipper when they had Patrick Ewing and Charles Oakley.