1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What to do with Costa ?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Sep 7, 2017.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Maybe we have got that. Details like that never generally get revealed. Fingers crossed Griezmann was discussed.

2. BobbyD

BobbyD President

think 57m is a great deal from Atletico. They aren't exactly a club rolling in money, Costa is getting older and even though he had a storming injury free last season , i think his recurring hamstring injury has made him a lesser player.

If we were selling to a big boy i could understand a bigger fee but that amount we've received for essentially someone who isn't going to play again is a great deal

3. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Come on get real?

Lukaku is younger, scores more goals, and isn't a complete pain in the backside like Costa is.

I think considering his age, and the fact he's a nightmare to manage I think you've got a very good deal getting 50 million. I'm actually surprised Atletico payed that if I'm honest.

BobbyD likes this.
  4. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Lukaku doesn't have that same grit that Costa has. We will see if he can hack it right at the top.

I think everyone is surprised we got that much for him but it does balance the books and basically means Morata was free.

StanDMan likes this.
  5. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ok I give you Lukaku , ex-chelsea half decent.
    But that ex-manutd player with half decent hair cut is he worth it <laugh>

6. King Shergar

Yet he consistantly scores more goals than Costa on a regular basis playing in the same division.

Or maybe you where refering to the 2 goals Coata has scored for Chelsea in his 15 Champions League starts for you.

Yeah your right Lukaku still needs to prove he can get 1 goal in 7 at the highest level <whistle>

7. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

I'm chuffed,fancy getting 57m for a sulky liability!!.....If there was such thing as a "mood" player he's the one.

Blueman and King Shergar like this.
  8. King Shergar

I don't know why it is, but you lot always seem to get more than i feel players are worth in the transfer market. The most laughable one was Oscar for 60 million<laugh>

How you got that much for him
    Il never know.

9. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

You cannot be real.

Just because red nose sabotaged your team, not every team has a squad full of dummies. We sold very good players. We got paid what we deserve.

Blueman likes this.
  10. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Rumour has it they might in with a chance for Alan Mayes.

11. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

So the inevitable happens - must admit I have mixed feelings about Costas departure; on one hand he was a gritty performer and knew how to mix it with defenders, off the field he acted like a diva. A double- edged sword if there ever was one.........we should've cloned Drogba when we had the chance.

12. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Did he score more than Costa last season? Can't remember lukaku ever playing in the Champions league either.

Not many Chelsea fans are unhappy we didn't pay WELL over the odds for what is, realistically, a pretty average striker. Time will tell how good he will be but Jose didn't want him when he had him for free so not sure what has made him change his mind.

Put it this way. United fans gleefully crow about 'stealing' lukaku from under Chelsea's nose, however, I never saw a report of a bid put in. No smoke without fire I suppose. United were apparently all set to sign Morata. What does that tell you about who values whom?

Back to Costa, in reality, he would walk into any team and perform. Could the same be said of lukaku?

13. King Shergar

Yep Lukaku got 25, whilst Costa got 20. He also out scored Costa the year before too. 20 goals is a good return, but you would expect a few more from a striker who is playing for a side top of the table.

I don't think it's any secret that both United and Chelsea ended up swapping who was there original transfer target. Chelsea wanted Lukaku, and Man Utd wanted Morata. Why this all changed in the summer we will never know for sure. But I feel it was probably a case of United realising Lukaku was available to them, as it was considered common knowledge that Lukaku had his heart set on a return to Chelsea. Clearly not though once we made our intentions known. Morata and Lukaku are both great talents, so I don't think either club is a loser either way.

You say Costa would walk into any side and perform, which is nonsense, I can think of plenty of sides where he wouldn't get a game. You lot don't want him for a start <laugh>

Lukaku has walked straight into our team and started performing, and that's why we are top of the league. But il let you continue with your delusion that he is average.

14. King Shergar

You mean the dummies he left as PL champions?

Either way I was actually paying your team a compliment for getting good deals in the transfer market, but if you want to cry about it feel free.

15. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

There is one deluded chump on another thread who thinks Costa was our best player. <laugh> What a c**t.

StanDMan and armchairblue like this.
  16. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Lukaku has improved as a player no doubt.Thing for me is Jose at chelsea had a choice between a knackered Torres
    and a full of promise young Lukaku and he picked Torres.

StanDMan likes this.
  17. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Exactly that is what Jose did to utd too.
    He could have played Rashford or Martial and walked league last year. He played Zlatan.

Get paid more transfer fee and payouts

18. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Bus parking footie suits Lukaku

StanDMan likes this.
  19. King Shergar

Not us playing with 5 at the back every week<whistle>

20. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

yep you play with back 9 all the time and you spent more than HALF A BIILLION for that<ok>