1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What will August offer?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Aug 2, 2021.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Apart from the start of our new season I wonder what else might happen to fill our boots with excitement? We have seen a clear change of direction, both prior to the hiring of Nigel Pearson, and the subsequent movements made by him after the fact. The decision made by Steve Lansdown was the start of the new era that hopefully will finally rid us of apathy and questionable footballing tactics and everything else in between.

The closeness of the opening match of the campaign, coupled with the last 4 weeks of the transfer window, makes me wonder what else we might do to further enhance our prospects of being competitive enough to withstand the rigours of what will be a tough fight? Has Andy Carroll actually joined us on a per play basis or is it all just smoke and mirrors? Some of you out there who have more insight than most of us could have some gems to enlighten us as to any possible deals coming down the pipe.

I still think we could be a little lightweight and need boosting but where that may come from is anybody's guess. Nigel must have some contacts ready to give him some tasty loan players and we already know that some of the older soldiers have joined him based on his history and acumen, which could capture some good reliable additions prior to the kick-off or shortly thereafter.

Bring it on lads.