1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Whats gone wrong with Mason Mount ?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Mar 1, 2022.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Y
    You need to look at when I criticised Mounts form, he was awful, and playing exactly like Pulisic, all piss and wind but no end result. I have already acknowledged he was injury and covid affected, so maybe he shouldn't have been playing. I will agree, he's better than Pulisic even if he played with crutches..
    Foden I still think is a better player than Mount, but time will decide. Foden might have less goals and assists than Mount, but at Liverpool, the strikers score and the midfielders just have to control the game and stay out of the way while the strikers do their job. I'll have Foden all day. Mount is back to decent form and looks a stand out in a bog ordinary Chelsea team. I'm a Mount fan, but he's no Lampard yet. Actually I think Gallagher is better than both of them at his age and Gilmour, the forgotten one, might be better than both.

3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Gallagher is 22.

Mount had won the CL at 22 and starred in a CL semi and final

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Another assist from Mason on Wednesday!

5. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Mason is fine.

Diego likes this.
  6. Chelsea Pensioner

He has picked himself up and is back in very good form along with Werner. Against the Hammers both were non stop and I was impressed with Alonso and Chalobah too. Pulisic had a rare but welcome good outing and a very well taken goal. Another so so performance though, and a tough game to win.
    I just hope the ownership is settled ASAP, it's not helping anyone the way things are.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

So what? Gallagher will leave him in his wake.

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

You said: 'I'll have Foden all day. Mount is back to decent form and looks a stand out in a bog ordinary Chelsea team. I'm a Mount fan, but he's no Lampard yet. Actually I think Gallagher is better than both of them at his age.'

It is very obvious you did not know how old Conor is.

Foden is one year younger than him.

By the time Mason was 22 he had played in a CL final as had Foden.

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Yep, which means??? Gallagher is likely to eclipse Mount and Foden already has in my view. Mount is a very good player, no doubt, just not as good yet as he might become. He's still mile behind Lampard for instance, but he has plenty of time to improve.

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

it means your post ‘I think Gallagher is better than both of them at his age.' is nonsense.

How can Conor be better at the age of 22 than Foden, who is 21.

Also, Mason is ahead if Lampard at this stage of his career. After 100 Premier League games for Chelsea, Frank Lampard had 28 goals and assists. Mason Mount has 42 goals and assists.

Of course, it is unlikely he will stay on that curve of achievement and finish his career which more goals than Frank.

But seeing as you like comparing players when they are at a similar age, those are the facts