1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

When 2 become 1...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco

Apologies for the Spice Girls reference but since the Leeds game Pardew seems to think that we only need 1 more player <doh>

From SSN:

And Pardew told Sky Sports News after a disappointing 3-2 pre-season defeat at Leeds on Sunday: "We need another player, we are conscious of that."

Newcastle now face another friendly against Fiorentina next Saturday before beginning their Premier League season by hosting Arsenal.

Pardew said at Elland Road: "I think the 11 starters that we will have against Fiorentina will be a lot stronger than today. That will be reflected.

"But we are not pitching in against a mid-table team in the first game. We are pitching in against Arsenal, who are one of the top teams in the division.

"We know we need to focus and make sure, so we are putting our work in."

I'm sorry but if we only bring 1 more player and sell Enrique, Smith or Perch (yes the latter 2 players aren't much of a miss but it helps with the depth of our squad) and we now know that Routledge is on his way to Swansea so whoever comes in will only replace him (in terms of squad size).

People on here might say that our youngsters have been looking good in pre-season or that they are good enough to be on the bench but the reality of the situation is that most of them have had very little playing time in the premiership.

We don't have the best of track records when it comes to injuries at this club (just look at our pre-season<yikes>) and this became very evident at the end of last season when we struggled and we all knew before we got so many injuries that we had a thin squad (even in the CC), and i seem to recall that Pardew recognised this and wanted to bolster the squad for this season coming, yet with his latest comments it seems a though he thinks our squad has enough strength and depth to it.

2. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Still going to need a centre forward, a left back (assuming Jose leaves), a right winger and probably another centre half. Also where was Kadar today.

3. Sanchin0

Sanchin0 Active Member

People on here might say that our youngsters have been looking good in pre-season or that they are good enough to be on the bench but the reality of the situation is that most of them have had very little playing time in the premiership.

Can't agree with you on this, WE NEED TO GIVE YOUNGSTERS THE CHANCE TO PROVE THEMSELVES... WE ARE THE NEXT ARSENAL REMEMBER??? <laugh>

4. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but if we only bring 1 more player and sell Enrique, Smith or Perch (yes the latter 2 players aren't much of a miss but it helps with the depth of our squad) and we now know that Routledge is on his way to Swansea so whoever comes in will only replace him (in terms of squad size).

If Pardew is serious then he's a prize muppet.
    Think we've just found out that the goalkeeper postion will be a straight fight between Harps and Krul. Forster just had a mare at Leeds.

:emoticon-0108-speec

5. Minty Fresh

Minty Fresh Active Member

If Enrique goes we NEED 3: a CB, someone who can cover RB and LB, and a pacy striker.

6. Tim Kruls Zulu Shield (:)

remeber we have gosling and HBA who can cover RW and RB which we didnt have last year but a striker is pivitol to our season

7. Rafa's Championship Party

Who's left back if Enrique goes, because Ferguson looks more of a winger than left back and will be a squad player this year.

8. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

Kadar

9. Rafa's Championship Party

Not ready yet either, and isn't he not a centre back, or at least that's where Chris Hughton played him.

10. The Secret Ingredient

The Secret Ingredient Well-Known Member

aye but can play left back

11. NUFCtomw362

NUFCtomw362 Active Member

Ok, I don't care how good Barnetta is, why are we getting ANOTHER midfielder?
    We got Ben Arfa, Gosling, Vuckic, Jonas, Marveaux and Barton who can play on the wing and Barton, Guthrie, Tiote, Cabaye, Gosling who can play CM. WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER MIDFIELDER! Get a bloody striker Partridge!

12. Bolton4Europe

Bolton4Europe Active Member

lolwut?

13. We need another striker. Ba looks ok, but i sense the same frustration as last season if we don't buy another striker. Shola and Ba upfront together is a crappy pair.

I personally think we should buy 2 more strikers - Erdinc for 7-8 mil and DJ Campbell. DJ wont ask for high wages and can score goals.

14. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

He said "we need another player", not "there will only be one more signing at Newcastle, there is no way there will be more". Relax, he's just admitting we need another forward.

15. You'veBeenTiote'd

You'veBeenTiote'd Active Member

If he's given 100 chances per game he'll convert about 4...the only reason he scored for Blackpool is that they were all out attacking pretty much the whole game...

16. NUFCtomw362

NUFCtomw362 Active Member

You know... our manager who's impartial to Kellogs Crunchy Nuts?

please log in to view this image

17. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

I'll actually struggle to remove the palm from my face if we start Shola in any games next season.

18. THE LEFT BOOT OF ROBERT

THE LEFT BOOT OF ROBERT Well-Known Member

the interview didnt scream confidence something tells me erdinc is well and truly dead and fat mike wont give him any money for anyone else...kuqi anyone?

19. MagpieMuzz

MagpieMuzz Active Member

We need more than 1, I'd like 3 probably (striker, LB and RB/CB). Shame how we've got from looking to sign 2/3 to just 1.

20. Ameobi's Apprentice

Ameobi's Apprentice Active Member

We should have kept LuaLua here instead of sending him back to Brighton on loan. My confidence for next season is slowly fading..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.