1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread When will we be able to see the next QPR match?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPRski, May 5, 2020.

1. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

After several weeks of lockdown with no sport or football, several European countries are starting to ease their restrictions. The approach to the restart of football is varied, especially regarding the ending of the current season.

UEFA has issued a May 25 deadline for all European football leagues to inform them of their plans to restart their domestic competitions. In England, the Premiership has “Project Restart” with increasing concerns from doctors. The EFL has stated that it would like to complete the remaining 113 matches of the Championship in an 8-week period starting in June.

So all the concepts and plans will need to be be finalised and communicated in the next couple of weeks.

What are your thoughts on when the R’s will next play a competitive match and when we will be able to return to LR?

2. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

If they are determined to finish it, it could be a very busy June/July and then a delayed start in August, and a slightly congested fixtures list next season. Given how cautious people are suggesting clubs be, could it work if only season ticket holders were allowed to attend matches, and no away fans anywhere. Just an idea.

I would also propose giving clubs the option of opting out of the league cup next year to ease the fixtures, although obviously that would mean a loss of income. We could end up seeing a lot of fringe and younger players being given the chance to play first team football as the regular players won't be able to physically cope with the number of games required to be played in such a short space of time.

3. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

It will be very difficult to have matches with a crowd. You'd basically need to have the 8 seats around you empty and that would limit us to probably 4-5,000 max. The financial impact of that will be massive. Playing out this season behind closed doors is possible but will it be too soon? If I were a player I'd be very worried that clubs were pressuring a finish for their own reasons. My gut feeling is end it now and start afresh in August...

4. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Glenn Murray was interviewed yesterday and from a player pov I think there would be some reluctance, playing in masks would be ludicrous. With the best will in the world I can't see this season being finished. All players would need testing and then what? Total isolation together in a hotel or something?

5. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Let’s have a sweep on it.

17 June. Streamed, no crowds.

6. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

7. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

If they restart this season I enviasge it will be behind closed doors. I have no idea if the Championship is also considering the use neutral venues, or even training grounds.

8. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I can certainly see all the matches being streamed this season if they do re-start.

Possible dates to re-start (if at all feasable) could be Saturday's of 13th or 20th June. I guess the former if they wish to finish by August, but it is all getting very tight as regard to possible planning.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  9. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No games before 2021...….:(

10. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I really hope that you are wrong on this pont! This would be awful!

11. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

The Bundesliga will resume behind closed doors on Saturday 16 May - and is the first European league to restart following the coronavirus shutdown.

Most teams have nine games to play, with the final weekend of the season rescheduled for 27-28 June.

The German Football Association (DFB) said the season would resume under strict health protocols that bans fans from the stadium and requires players to have Covid-19 testing.

Around 300 people, including players, staff and officials, will be in or around the stadiums during matchdays.

Other updates to emerge included:
    • As well as players and coaching staff, referees will also be subject to medical and hygiene regulations.
    • There was no clarification on the issue of matches being available free to air - talks are under way with broadcasters.
    • There were 10 positive results from clubs in the top two divisions following the first series of coronavirus tests - and two in the second series.

Full article is below:
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52576780

Great news for fans of German football.

I really look forward to hearing such news about the Champoinship!

12. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Free football in a few hours

13. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Can’t see this link.

I hope It was good.

14. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

it was the start of the k league
    first game(don't know about the rest)was shown free on youtube

QPRski likes this.
  15. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

16. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Five subs
    Sounds mad
    How does that help with the Chinese virus

17. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

The league start up will not be smooth or easy, based upon the German Bundesliga current experience.

Bundesliga: Dynamo Dresden's entire squad in isolation just a week before restart.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52601471

kiwiqpr likes this.
  18. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I think that the logic is different.

The players are due to play many matches in a short period of time. The idea of more subs is to reduce “the fatigue” on the players.

They could just as easily say each half has only 30 mins of play and introduce a time keeper.

kiwiqpr and daverangers like this.
  19. Chair Nob'll Fallout

Chair Nob'll Fallout Well-Known Member

5 subs
    Rush goalies
    Jumpers for goal posts
    Marvellous

kiwiqpr likes this.
  20. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

I think they kicked off matches in the Faroe Islands yesterday.

If they think to televise them then they could get World Cup final-esque viewing figures.

QPRski likes this.