1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where will all the plastics go

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by over18and legal, Jan 8, 2014.

1. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

If you continue to struggle this season, which team will they go to support?

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Matth will start supporting Chelsea, everyone knows how big a Chelsea fan he is, and how much he loves Jose Mourinho. :emoticon-0115-inlov

3. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Hyde FC <ok>

Also Ive never understood the term plastic. Plastic sticks around for ****ing years, even when its in the ****. Pretty stupid term if I am honest.

4. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Most but not all north walians support everton so he might tie his goat to the goodison gatepost.<ok>

5. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Mean different things to different people. How about: "People who support a club for no other reason other than its success". ?

6. UnitedinRed

I'm referring to the word 'plastic' not its strange meaning in football.

Its virtually indestructible and lasts forever.

7. He already supports Swansea <doh>

8. Because plastic is usually a cheap and quick substitute?

Ie; rather than supporting your local team where it could take fifty years to slightly successful the fan choose the quick and easy substitute of supporting a already establish teams. Aka, cheap and quick substitute.

9. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Maybe about these fans flashing their plastic cards hence their association with the Chavs and their supporting only successful clubs <ok>

10. UnitedinRed

Ahhh, ok.

Always a term Ive thought made literally no sense, like the guy who came up with it was trollied.

11. I don't know if what I said was right, just my interpretation <ok>

12. UnitedinRed

Makes a bit of sense, though plastic is better than paper for carrying **** in. <ok>

13. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Im off to support Bangor town FC <ok>

top top club

14. over18and legal

I don't know where the term came from but my interpretation is an armchair fan or watching in a pub fan. They have no intention of ever going to a game (the transport cost alone who would be sky high) and they don't follow their home town/city club cause they never win anything.

We have lots of these fans in Hull (mainly cause weve won ****-all). For me, I go cause I want to see my team do well. I know we will struggle to win any major honours, but I would sooner enjoy the rare shock result we get (beating Lpool 3-1) then follow a team I have no association with.

15. I prefer to use the toilet <ok>

16. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I think the term plastic, comes from someone who has plastic surgery could be described as fake. Not sure why football fans are obsessed with the term though.

I don't see any fans leaving us, you don't support a team your whole life's and then stop supporting them regardless of results :biggrin:

17. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I for one will support this club until I die, doesn't mean I'll approve of anything and everything that happens on and off the pitch, life ain't like that - but I reserve the right to rant and moan when it isn't going well - like now.

18. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

On the other hand the glory hunters will be first to jump ship and head to the next successful club, then all that's left are the hradcore supporters that will stick by the club through the lean times.

19. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

If you truly believe that a club as big as Manchester United is going to actually fall into mid table mediocrity season in season out then you better think again. We will be back up there challenging for titles soon enough, it is only one bad season after all, which we still have time to turn around.

Even if Liverpool beat us to 4th, you will never be able to establish yourselves as a top 4 side, as your squad doesn't have enough depth or quality to cope with the Champions League and Premier League. So we will get straight back in the top 4 the following year :biggrin:

20. over18and legal

I should have put glory hunters instead of plastics.
    Fergie knew what he was doing in getting out when he did.
    He did fantastic to win the league last season and he knew the team was shot once Scholesey & Giggsy (i know hes still there but not the force he was) were finished.

Anyway, the reason I asked the question was:
    I have a mate who follows MU. I asked him (as a joke) who he is gonna follow if MU dont win anything this season. His reply was (as I expected) "**** em, its Arsenal/Chelsea for me".
    My reply was why dont you follow Hull City (my team and his home city team). His reply "**** off they don't win owt".
    Incidently, he has never seen MU play live.

Ta for all your replies. I can see you hammering Sunland in the home match. good luck