1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Which tactics do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by YorkshireHoopster, Dec 21, 2014.

1. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Having seen the match stats and all of our games either live on a stream or edited highlights on MOTD there is not a shadow of doubt for me. I prefer the exciting fast pressing game and urgent attacking of the opposition penalty area we use when we are at home. When the season started, we seemed to think that an endlessly patient passing game without ever bothering to try to get a shot away was what it was all about. As others have remarked it is 3 years to the day since Warnock was sacked. We'll we've experimented with tippy tappy football. For a team like ours it's boring and not very effective because we're not very good at it. West Brom may well have had 58% of the possession but we looked dangerous whenever we got the ball. It wasn't route 1 but we seem to have learned the lesson, at home at least, that we need to get the ball into their half of the pitch before the opponents have had time to park the bus in front of the goal.

So. This one is for all you exponents of the beautiful passing game. Would you rather go back to the good old days of watching our 'stellar' back 4 passing the ball between themselves for minutes at a time with only one person in their box by the time we rouse ourselves to try to do something useful. Or are you happy with the game we are playing at the moment?

2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

All a bit binary isn't it Yorkie? Fact is we don't have the players to play a beautiful passing game. We had 4 CBs in defence, none of whom can pass. We had 2 central midfielders who can't pass. So kicking it long, either vaguely towards Zamora when he's on, or down the wings when is isn't, is about our only option unless we play Nico more. Or Sandro, can he pass? We play it faster and press higher at home because the crowd demands it. Away we try to keep the ball more because we know we will be punished by the other team if we don't. And bugger me, we're right.

Horses for courses I reckon. For the record I'd like us to play a high pressing game, moving the ball FORWARDS quickly and accurately when we have it, like Chile. But we don't have the players for that.

3. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

The green ones, oh tactic's

4. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

What about Mutch, can he pass? Where does he play Stan?

5. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

That would be an ecumenical matter, Swords.

6. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

Mutch can pass and can hold it well, and has dinky skills. Just may be not a lot of speed (like the rest of the team!) <doh>