1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who’s had Covid and what is it like?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

2. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Better than Bruceball

Schlem Boogerman and Munson. like this.
  3. Dr Nickilas Van Helsing

Dr Nickilas Van Helsing Well-Known Member

Boot and run coupled with time wasting....

4. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

I been on the Nelson Mandela since 3.10

5. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

I found I had it when tested whilst virtually symptomless, because my wife had it. Slight cough. Although 3rd night in I woke up and felt uncontrollably sick. Darted to the bathroom and passed out for a second or two right in front of the bog. Lay there for about 20 minutes, couldnt move. Then I crawled back to bed. Long term my lung capacity seems to have taken a hit and I have only just recently, 10 months later, been able to smell my own pumps again.

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  6. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

I have had it unofficially. Had in march 2020
    Started off like heavy cold. Absolute shattered I was for a week. A horrid cough lasted for 8 weeks.

My concern is now long covid. I suddenly started shaking 7 months ago in a Parkinson's sort of way. Still waiting to see a neurologist.

7. Jamtoon88

Jamtoon88 Well-Known Member

Just finished self isolation as had it really harsh cold and bad head and knackered doing anything. Good job I had 2 vaccines. Back on the drink now though

LiamO, Albert's Chip Shop and Flash like this.
  8. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

sorry to Hear you’ve had it rough mate. Hope you are properly on the mend.

9. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

hope that **** gets sorted mate. I think I had it in March 20 too. Flew back through LHR and suddenly had the mini flu for a few days shortly after.

Flash likes this.
  10. E.T. Fairfax

I'm sure my wife had it twice. The first time was before the first person was officially diagnosed with it in Britain, well before social distancing and lockdowns. Around the time Italy was first getting hit. She had shocking coughing fits which lasted minutes. Got right on my tits. Went to the docs and after listening to her lungs he said she had borderline pneumonia and booked her for a chest xray. He asked us both to leave ASAP. We laughed. He said 'No, I'm serious, I want you to leave right away, you have something nasty.' He wouldn't even check another ailment she was suffering from at the time, we had to go. He said it probably wasn't covid but I think he just didn't want to scare us as we both have a history of anxiety. If it wasn't covid it was potentially something worse. By the time she got her xray she was clear but had a cough for weeks afterwards.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.

11. E.T. Fairfax

Cheers, but apart from the 20 minute toilet incident I didn't have it rough in the slightest. It wasnt as bad as a minor cold. Never fainted like that before or since so assume it was covid related. If not for that and the fact I had tested positive days earlier I wouldn't have even known I'd had it. It was a doddle.

12. Dr Nickilas Van Helsing

Dr Nickilas Van Helsing Well-Known Member

Dunno I had the ****s for a month so maybe

13. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

I havent had it, but I had the second vaccine which in Norway is Moderna.

The second dose is known for giving you a few of the symptoms, it was horrible to be honest.

I had a ****ing terrible fever, shaking so badly that my muscles were hurting like crazy. I thought "****, if I couldnt breath properly right now, Id be suffocating myself."

I can see why people choke to death honestly.

14. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Been lucky up to now. Mrs had it after being doubly vaccinated and still felt rough and daughter has had it twice, but was not very ill.

Lost a member of our staff here to it and a friend from UK who was same age as me.Looks like we might be over the worst of the 2nd wave of it here although still a long way to go on the vaccinations.

Starting to get a bit sick of hotel quarantines - by the time I have finished this one I will have spent 1month of the last 4 locked up.

15. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

Had it in Feb 2020. Like the flu. In bed 2 days then back to work, like a trooper! Also found out smokers less likely to catch it or suffer badly from it, so have increased fag intake by 100% and beer intake by 50%, just to be on the safe side.
    Physician heal thyself!!!

<cheers><laugh>

16. Shearers Right Boot

Shearers Right Boot Well-Known Member

Had it last year, in bed for two weeks and off work another week. Just felt like flu, tired, sneezing, coughing, shivering. Had both jabs this year, got sinusitis right after second jab, felt ill, my inner ear really hurt. Caught covid again in July but it only lasted a few days, felt sick more than anything. Get the jab , you don't want covid, it might kill you.

Sunderpitt likes this.
  17. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Aye had it, few sniffles, bit of a cough and lost my sense of smell//taste. Champion by day 3 largely. I couldn't really compare it to anything, not as bad as say full blown flu, but I did feel a bit off for a couple of days.

Know quite a few mates/family members who've had it now. Mostly the same although one lad said he didn't get his smell/taste back for a month. Said he had a brain fog too (that's how he described it), said when he woke it felt like he'd had 10 pints. That lasted about 2 weeks.

I am not vaccinated, but most of the people I know who've had it are (probably 80/20). Seemed a pretty similar experience regardless. Fortunately I don't know anyone who's been bad with it.

18. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

My mum and a group of friends up in Scotland) had something they now think was Covid in September 2019 3/4/5 months before it hit the UK - one of the husbands ended up on breathing support and in a really bad way. I'm sure this was going around at least 6 months before the official first case hit.

19. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

Not covid related, however I had an enema yesterday prior to an endoscopy. For all the good it did they might as well have shoved it up my arse.

20. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It must be the first time you are not full of **** then.