1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who else has never lived in Hull or even East Yorkshire?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Jimmy Graham's bald head, Dec 16, 2011.

1. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Where are you living now, back in Equador, I sometime travel to Quito as well as Guayaquil?

2. supersoutherntiger

supersoutherntiger New Member

I hail from Barton upon Humber so have never lived in Hull, but have supported the Tigers for 35 years. I moved to Portsmouth in 1994 and have moved around the south coast ever since, but still class myself as an avid City fan and follower...!
    There used to be nothing like supporting City until you had been stuck on a sandbank on the New Holland to Hull ferry waiting fot he tide to refloat you to either get there for kick off, or get home for dinner!! Tuesday night games were great, driving around via Goole, and then they opened the Bridge and all was well. I don't to as many games as I would like, but listen to all the games and watch when I can....
    You don't need to come from Hull to be a fan...!!!

3. C'mon ref

C'mon ref Well-Known Member

They should have kept that ferry service in operation, if only as a tourist attraction. One of the ferry's was moored on Hessle Foreshore for a while and was a cafe/bar, never did know why it was not kept.

4. IvyTigerUTT

IvyTigerUTT Member

I live in Quito, you should drop me a message when you're around. Why do you come over here anyway?

5. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

I remember, when I was working at the South Killingholme oil refinery site (late 60's) and used to commute via ferry to buses at New Holland. One day, I found out that the bar on the boat was open all day! It was possible to get a return from the Pier and stay drinking all day. But you had to keep one eye on the time and another on where you were, or you could get 'cast adrift' in New Holland if you weren't on the last ferry back!

Oh, those old and simpler days......

6. Jimmy Graham's bald head

Jimmy Graham's bald head Well-Known Member

There's some really interesting reading one here - fascinating to see how international City's support is!