1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who has the best goal celebration ever??

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Beddy, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Sorry to the poster on 606 but I thought I would raise his question on here albeit worded differently.
    I would like to see the obstruction rule altered..... My reasoning is how can you be in possession of a ball if you have not touched it? How can you get away with protecting it by the use of arms? Would this not make it more awkward for full backs to shepherd the ball out for a corner, so make them develop better skills?
    Goalkeepers....... why are they allowed to waste time taking goal kicks, by taking the ball from one side of the goal to the other? Whats this all about?
    I would like to see the champions league way of refereeing. 1 referee 4 assistants would you agree?
    Or alternatively, how about the field Hockey way, of two officials, one each half?
    Before you say but what about border decisions .....suggest you watch a hockey match and see how it works!

2. KingslandKate

KingslandKate Member

With regards to obstruction I think if you change the course of a players direction by force, ie shoulder barge or pushing, it should be a foul.
    I'd like to see a ruling where you can only have posession of the ball for a certain time before you have to pass it. It could make the game faster, although keepers have only 6 seconds to keep hold of the ball in their hands and not many take notice of it...........

3. olddellboy

olddellboy Well-Known Member

Apart from introducing a rule that prevents the opposition from scoring againts the saints, the rule that causes the most controversy is the offside rule. I understand the rule, but fail to see what it is trying to achieve. If a team pushes players up into the opposition box, then they will be marked, and probably goalside. removing offside would spread play out, and stop the game being played in the centre third of the pitch, and hoping to beat the offside trap with a well timed run. It would also stop 80% of contentious decisions. If they are determined to keep the offside rule, then I would do away with active vs inactive, and make it absolute off or on, with no other decision to be made.

4. KingslandKate

KingslandKate Member

I agree <ok>

5. Beddy

"If they are determined to keep the offside rule, then I would do away with active vs inactive, and make it absolute off or on, with no other decision to be made."
    good point.......dellboy...however they have done away with the offside rule in Hockey which in my view takes away the skill factor and cunning of scoring goals. Trust me it is boring. I think it would be the same for football.
    What about a 30 yard rule (and no 1st or second stage) as long as you are onside when you touch the ball. This would stop a lot of the bus Parker's!

6. Libby

Libby 9-0

"although keepers have only 6 seconds to keep hold of the ball in their hands and not many take notice of it........... "

I agree with that, I still think that the crowd should count it whenever the keeper picks the ball up, the refs would have to take notice then!

Beddytare, with regards to the extra officials, as in the Champions league, the funny thing with this is it needs to be re-done as I've seen them over-ruled by the ref many times, and they seem to miss a lot somehow....how I will never know...

7. Beddy

Beddytare, with regards to the extra officials, as in the Champions league, the funny thing with this is it needs to be re-done as I've seen them over-ruled by the ref many times, and they seem to miss a lot somehow....how I will never know...[/QUOTE]

I quite agree....there does not seem to be the cooperation between officials..... as there should be. a classic one is where the ball went out of play the ref is about 70 yards away but the line official will still wait to see which way the ref points. This to me is all wrong, in my opinion a line official has a better chance of seeing what has happened on the line probably better than 95% of time. Again in my opinion the referee should wait for the line official to make a decision then if he can't the ref has to.
    Half of the lines man are frightened of making a decision in my opinion because of the ref. I agree you do not want a situation where they disagree, however if it is the line officials job he should be made to do it. In this case the referee backs the line official up.
    As for the base line It is exactly the same principle......They are there and should take responsibility....just remember they are usually no more than 18 yards from any incident, where as the the ref can be any thing up to about 50 yards at times. Those two officials should take over refereeing and be on the field from the 30 yard line. That would cut their refereeing area down to around 30x25 yards roughly. Should stop a lot of nonesense in the box and around, but they would need full responsibility. That alternatively would give the ref only about an area of 50x50 yards. Would that make for more accurate decisions?

8. KingslandKate

KingslandKate Member

My Dad does that, LOL!!! :)

I have another idea of how to improve the game: picture a basketball court, with the half-circle lines going around the hoop - if a basket is scored from inside that line (nearer the hoop) it's 2 points & if a basket is scored from outside the line, it's 3 points. Relating this to football, I think if a goal's scored from outside the penalty box it should be worth 2 goals!:emoticon-0136-giggl

9. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

Good debate Beddytare!

10. KingslandSFC

Personally I must admit ... Robbie Keane's I do like! <laugh>

Also Papa Waigo was funny last season, flipping mental <laugh>

Put some links on here wanna see your thoughts!

There was a post on 606 on Saturday after the game about it but nobody new for certain what had happened. Sad to hear.......I feel for his son who was with him I believe. My condolences to all the family. R.I.P <rose>

Please remember no advertising, although feel free to let people know about transport laid on by Saints FC. Anyone got any spare places in their car to help share the costs? Then let the Posters know. Or maybe someone is having difficulty getting transport to the game and needs help.
    Again please remember, no personal details, exchange these by PM.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2015

11. Beddy

I used to like Micky Channons.......Wind milling away.......That reminds me any body heard from windmillarms lately?
    Who was it that used to do the back flips?
    Le Tiss's by comparison was very subdued

12. RedStripe

RedStripe Member

Strangely, I like Rob Earnshaws - it always makes me laugh!

13. RedStripe

RedStripe Member

14. parttimer

parttimer New Member

any saints goal celebration does it for me

15. KingslandSFC

Another one ... Watch on You Tube - Lee Hughes 'Hughsey' celebration for Notts County , quite funny watch the fans copying! <laugh>

16. KingslandSFC

17. KingslandSFC

18. KingslandKate

KingslandKate Member

The best celebration I've seen is where the player scores and he preteneds to 'reel in' another player like a fish, they catch him and hold him up while another player takes a picture. (Can't get onto youtube at the mo, so I'll see if I can find a link) Brilliant!

19. RedStripe

RedStripe Member

That is an Icelandic Team who do new goal celebrations that usually involve the whole team - I recall them even doing one where one of the players gave birth to one of his team mates!

20. RedStripe

RedStripe Member