1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Who is the first?.

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by patb, Mar 10, 2016.

1. patb

patb Well-Known Member

2. patb

patb Well-Known Member

Mr Mann, the MP for Bassetlaw, did not name either the first or the second potential buyer. He also said current owner Massimo Cellino had overpaid for the club.

He is not the first to speculate on Twitter about the ownership of the club. Last year, Hollywood star Russell Crowe was linked with a takeover from Cellino, who is the subject of a “time to gonlyp-” campaign by some fans.

Cellino himself has given mixed messages since the crowd at Elland Road turned on him during Leeds United’s 2-0 defeat to Blackburn in October. He started and then rapidly halted discussions about a sale of the club to supporters group Leeds Fans United (LFU).

It is no secret that Steve Parkin, the businessman with a long-standing interest in buying Leeds, has been speaking to Cellino about possible investment and was pictured alongside him at several of United’s games. But in November, at a time when rumours about a Parkin takeover were rife, Cellino stated that he would not consider selling his shares until Leeds were safe from relegation.

Earlier this month, he changed tack again by telling Sky he would “invest in the summer” – an apparent promise of new players after Leeds’ sorry 4-0 defeat at Brighton.

Read more: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...-leeds-united-says-mp-1-7787456#ixzz42V19clfD

3. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Parkin is the first.
    The Pearson led consortium is the second and no for obvious reasons I can't prove it, but it remains true. But I suspect one of our mods knows whats gone on or at least his old man does?

The price that has been quoted just to buy Cellino out is £75mill (and again as it was a verbal communication between Cellino and both parties it can't be proved by me). That values the club at a ridiculous £93mill-£97mill depending on how big a stake GFH still have (even that is not clear to those trying to get a deal done because Cellino and his team don't seem to know for certain).
    In short Cellino want a buyer to pay a conservative £50mill over the odds to completely own the club.

BTW I am neither for against either but both would be better than Cellino IMVHO.

seabreeze likes this.
  4. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

The second buyer is pretty obvious <yikes>

Chesh has put in a bid of £15 out of the £20 he is going to win off Glory <laugh>

5. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Parkin is more interested in making big money with Clipper Group at the minute, the company is going from strength to strength with him in charge and he doesn't want to change that at the minute.

It's no secret he has wanted to buy Leeds but previously funds haven't been right, now it's more to the fact that the time isn't right.

Would be amazing if he did get involved but can't see it unless he becomes a silent partner with someone else.

6. Chippy / Glory

Isn't your old man connected to Pearsons consortium as well?
    Parkin has told some of his business associates (I know one of them) he still wants to buy a controlling stake, that conversation took place only last week or the week before at a welcome to Yorkshire event.
    One of the Paddies knows Parkin personally perhaps he can provide some more info?

The other whisper is Paul Sykes is still sniffing about ( Cellino would be better than Sykes IMO)!

7. Chippy / Glory

I see two major flaws in that plan.

8. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

i can see 1
    Cellino paid over the top and now Chesh is offering over the top <yikes>

9. Chippy / Glory

How the mighty has fallen. For that to be correct wal, will finish 20 places in lower the football pyramid than the Bermondsey globetrotters.

10. lifecheshirewhite

might be able to increase my bid,,just have to wind Glory up enough for a few more bets :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016

11. Chippy / Glory

ProbLem is I don't care enough to wager on them any more......
    Might have to risk a shekel on a 0-0 on Saturday if I can be arsed.

12. lifecheshirewhite

bet you do ;-)

13. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Im willing to have a wager that Millwall finish higher in the championship than Leeds next season <ok>

£10 TO CHARITY ? with the first taker <ok>

14. Chippy / Glory

You ain't going to be in the race. Not a lot of point having the bet, or are you paying up in May this year?

15. Chippy / Glory

If so Chesh will take you up on it. I won't be here next year at the current rate of attrition on here so couldn't take the bet.

16. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Glory take the bet <ok> i will pay the £10 to charity TODAY so win or lose they win <ok>
    You can send your £10 Next year when i win <laugh>

17. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Parkin has a lot of wealthy friends too including Philip Green.

My old man is good friends with Steve but isn't connected to the consortium

18. Chippy / Glory

You are on! :emoticon-0150-hands

Please provide a receipt for a £10 donation to this place.
    http://www.baitulazizmosque.org.uk/

I won't wait for next year either, once done I will donate to a cause of your choosing.

Chesh this is a bet about Millwall failing and not about Leeds succeeding before you start.

19. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

I'll believe takeovers when they happen & when it appears on the OS. Until then its just papertalk

20. Chippy / Glory

true. But a buyer will nearly always leak some details to whet appetite and create a buzz.
    Not sure these are going anywhere TBH. Been circulating too often and for too long with nothing happening?