1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who is the preferred bidder ??

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 6, 2011.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So Brendan Guilfoyle has got his 75% plus majority,so the road out of administration has been started,great news.

The Administrators also announced exclusivity for a preferred bidder,the surprise is that it is neither BRENT or BUTTIVANT !!!

This bidder has a football background and up to now has had no previous connection to the club but this person will not be revealed until JUNE 14TH !!!

If that was not enough for one day it seems that Peter Ridsdale was in court yesterday in Cardiff over two things during his time with Cardiff !!!

2. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

At least we can rule out Ken Bates-phew!

3. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I think it has to be the Irish consortium which in itself a worry, aren't Mastpoint behind this?

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The Irish Consortium seem to be mentioned by quite a few,who else other than Brent or Buttivant have had time to put a bid together ?

Brent seems quite gracious in standing aside for a bidder who is football orientated.

Buttivant seems rather peeved that he has been rejected by the Administrators although he reckons he would have offered 3p in the pound.

We the fans and supporters are rather bemused by it all having accepted that James Brent was the kind of man we could trust.

It is difficult to see how we proceed with a bidder we officially will not know the name of until June 14th.If it is the Irish bid then we feel that it is someone who is part of the Mastpoint group who certainly have had dealings with PAFC, One or two mortgages and loans came from that source and a lot of bad feelings exist between them and the majority of Argyle supporters.

For clarity to be able to move foreward the possible new owner should drop any mystery over who they are and try and get the supporters of Argyle on their side.

We have had enough cloak and dagger dealings lately to last a life time,so reveal yourselves and show us you can be trusted.

5. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

The delay in any announcement has been explained away with they want to get on with the job in hand without any media attention!?

As Plymborn says, we always seem to be kept in the dark - more so than other clubs. I'm not sure this is the right course of action, I think it makes some fans complacent.

Can't help feeling Ridsdale is somewhere in all of this otherwise wouldn't he have announced his resignation like he usually does when something happens at the club?

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Too busy soughting out his Cardiff defence to have anytime to resign from PAFC.

7. Michael71

Michael71 Member

Yeah who the heck is the bidder, I hope its Brent or is he ruled out now
    And why is it taking so bloddy long

8. greenjock

greenjock Member

Well I was a bit torn really, but now that Scumanage have been promoted, wont have to bother about going there, not that I would have anyway, STB is from Stevenage, which is so nice its twinned with Shimkent in Khazakstan! The locals look at Luton as a holiday destination which tells you a lot. The shopping precint consists of Poundland, Poundworld, 99P Land, Bargain Booze and Iceland.

Steelthunderballs wife is the local bike and shoots ping pong balls out of her vajayjay on Saturday nights at the Dog and Dog, named after STB's sisters, and will suck your cock backstage for 50p and a can of Pedigree Chum.

Never had much to do with Stevenage or Spurs and certainly had nothing against either of them, but since STB lives in Stevenage and supports Spurs I now hate both with a passion and cant wait for Harry Redknapp to get prosecuted for tax evasion the ugly squinty eyed ballbag, and those other two stunners Crouch and Bale to leave in search of Champions League football.

Also hope Stevenage continues to win chavtown of the year, it gives STB something to be proud about other than the fact that he's been raped by all of his uncles, and their next door neighbours.

Not sure what the prick has against Argyle but whatever it is at least it gives the ****wit something to do with his evenings instead of licking windows in his bedsit

9. Thundersteelballs

Thundersteelballs New Member

Plymouth Argyle lmfao