1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why do we do this?

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by akagreengull2, Jun 8, 2011.

1. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

I mean why do we go on a computer and spend time and energy,thinking up posts,replying to others views,trading banter,taking and dishing out insults,expressing passion and love for a football club,banging on about some trivia in the papers,idolising or hating players and managers.Why? perhaps I'm doubting my own sanity,or is it because I'm obsessed,or I'm bored or I enjoy this.
    Calling fellow bloggers what are your reasons for coming on here.In case your wondering,I'm ok; actually had a fairly good day,but I am aware that I think about Argyle quite a bit.do you think it's healthy?:emoticon-0112-wonde

2. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I comes with being a fan. If you are passionate about something you will think about it meticulously. Its not insanity.

Except in cases of not being a fan but moaning and posting made up rubbish *COUGH* DS *COUGH*

3. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Glad your having a good day Gull <ok>

4. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Some questions are best not asked................

6. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Maybe....just maybe other people other than the likes of you and me might browse our ramblings

People who will be nameless (of course), who could be influenced now and again by our views and comments.

You can't be sure that they don't have a sneaky little look to see what the peasants on the street or on the terraces are saying,just remember at the end of the day we all want to be loved.

So if you don't like whats happening just say.If you do like whats happening give praise where its due.

You just don't know who might be browsing through these threads.

7. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

That's a good thought and we can after all use bad language in here, so maybe it's the perfect opportunity :mad:

8. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Think about Argyle most of the time...even the 'throne' getting a good hammering lately, hoping the bog roll lasts.:emoticon-0136-giggl

9. BYeee

BYeee Guest

Because it allows certain lowlife keyboard warriors to vent their spleen/bile and vitriol from the safety the said keyboard, can't spell anonimity!!

If perchance they behaved and spoke in public - well it would be hello Derriford A&E (at least)

I thought that the Mod's or Supermods could identify serial stalkers by their IP address, just think about how much THAT would be worth to Greenjock & Greenarmyjoe to name but 2 members who would love to have a chat with BS and the other toerag

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Because it interests me to see the football club I follow laid out in public and allows me an opinion that I would not normally be able to express on almost anything to do with it. I don't live and breathe Argyle but I am a firm and avid follower. Forums like this allow me to give an opinion to others who are also interested in the Club. I realise that the views are not necessarily read by anyone with influence but it does take the edge off anger that would be pent up normally. I have even changed my opinion at times when reading others thoughts. Even the DS variety of posters don't bother me that much. I'm used to others in this City taking the rise out of Argyle even if for a lot of them it is their home town. That has always come with the teritory. I'm not exactly obsessed but do enjoy a daily look at the posts.

11. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

sensible, and it gives you a place to moan :emoticon-0102-bigsm ahem sorry..

12. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well that as well Reid-all-about-it. I don't exercise the opportunity that much I know but I might grow into the habit. Now don't get me started...................