1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why is McCann still here

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by cheshireles, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

It's a bit naive to expect any professional. to resign and waive whatever limited (in McCann's case probably) payoff the are contractually entitled to.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  2. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

No, that's the point, I don't.

Kempton likes this.
  3. Mckechnie Orange

Yes he is, an unpopular one hence why we are discussing low lives giving him personal abuse.

4. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Popular or unpopular, he is the manager of our club, Respect his position even if you don't rate him as a manager..

5. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

A combination of that and recognising the ceiling of his ability.... its a pity the belief he has in himself cant be instilled in this team...

Howdentiger2 and amberman8 like this.
  6. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

I don't condone the abuse being thrown at McCann's son, they should be dealt with accordingly.

However McCann himself is in a position which he is failing miserably at, his demeanour and attitude in interviews only adds to people's anger towards him. Not once has he personally accepted responsibility for poor performances and on more then one occasion has actually thrown players under the bus to deflect things from himself and his incompetence. There's a saying, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. It's pointless banning anyone that asks awkward questions, and as for the players rebuffing Burnsy because he had an opinion, really ? Are they in the same mould as their cherished leader ? Above criticism ?

This is an entertainments business no matter how you flower it up, none of us like being criticised .. but ffs, if you dont like it, do something about it. Alas from what I see our current manager is either too deluded too stubborn or too scared to change things.

7. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Which is exactly what I was talking about in bringing to public attention the things said to his son on social media...

Gone For A Walk likes this.
  8. Mckechnie Orange

That's not the question though is it? The question was whether the majority of fans wanted him out as Burnsy apparently 'bullied' McCann by giving him right of reply over after the most pathetic surrender in a relegation 6 pointer the club has seen in living memory.

9. City Man

I didn't contact our fanbase to ask what outcome they wanted or what the best way forward for the club would be.

I think most real fans would have just been too numb to offer any meaningful response.

'**** manager, **** players, **** owners' may well have summed up the feelings that night.

10. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Very true. I remember fatty interviewing the doc after a win beginning of last season. He kept stating last season must hang heavy over you tho? no says doc I wasn’t here
    Ye but it still must
    No it doesn’t we won today and weee moving forward with a new team and togetherness.
    Still worrying tho all those defeats last season…. **** off fat ****

Howdentiger2 likes this.

11. Mckechnie Orange

Good job Humberside were in contact with the fan base that night then isn't it?

Everything going into the show that night from about the 5th minute onwards was pretty much McCann out.

It's fair enough to state that the majority want him out and give him the opportunity to respond under those circumstances as far as I'm concerned. Its just a reporter doing his job.

Drew and Gone For A Walk like this.
  12. Chazz Rheinhold

Can we name and shame the utter entitled ****ers who are doing this to mcanns family?
    Anyone?

I posted a few days ago the abuse on here of mcann is disgusting, he’s not winning football matches not a mass murderer or paedophile

Tickton Tiger. and Howdentiger2 like this.
  13. Chazz Rheinhold

They choose who they let on dont they.
    Didn’t go but I think Rafa would be a good shout burnsy

14. Mckechnie Orange

It's one thing opining that he's seless and should go. Personal abuse however says more about those dishing it out than the person it's aimed at.

15. Mckechnie Orange

They don't choose who replies to their twitter feeds and they have an obligation to put both sides of a debate across - which they usually do.

Obviously they can't put something on the radio that doesn't exist - and there was very little content that night defending him from what I saw on here, twitter and elsewhere. Humberside coverage was representative of everywhere else.

16. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

‘McCanns done one’ would be quite nice.

17. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Respect has to be earned!

Gone For A Walk likes this.
  18. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Sounds like I had similar thoughts to you Tigerscave.
    If stuff that crosses a line has been posted to his son, then I absolutely think it's out of order, but actually none of us know anything about what was supposedly posted. Unfortunately it's what happens right across society. It's wrong, of course it is. But I think he was wrong to bring it out into the public like that, and I question why - sympathy vote, naivety, ?
    He'd be better focusing attention on himself, taking some ownership & responsibility, and doing what he can to address his abysmal performance instead of spouting the same utter ****e (keep working hard, it will come good, we are performing well, it's just the first and final thirds, the formula is working, etc etc) .... or else just admit to being incapable.

19. City Man

Ah yeah no, but if we'd have won 8-0 that night there would still have been ****s coming on RH wanting to know why we didn't rest so and so, why did we ease up, why didn't GM bring on a youngster or 2 once the game was won?

And some **** would have pointed out Wigan are in disarray and then asked why couldn't we have done this more often, and that it was a freak result etc

RH pitchfork brigade eh?

20. City Man

Bollocks

All Hull City managers are entitled to respect, whether they're popular or not.