1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why is McCann still here

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by cheshireles, Oct 16, 2021.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Burnsy on his ongoing ban...

please log in to view this image

2. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

I can understand fans frustration, but you're not helping the team on the pitch by singing sacked in the morning at their gaffer.

I also think he should go, but personal abuse and having a go at his kid is pretty ****ing low.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  3. David Ayre

David Ayre Member

Often on the wind up after a defeat, even when 3rd in the league. Him and Swanny laughing at our demise at a particular poor display made me turn off and I still can’t listen! His Grimsby supporting colours flowing this season.

Howdentiger2 and Tickton Tiger. like this.
  4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

5. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Burny's was hiding behind the fans when asking questions. His interview with McCann straight after the 8-0 hammering at Wigan was cringe worthy and bordering on bullying. He said to McCann repeatedly that 'the fans want you to go, so why don't you just walk ?'
    He should have been professional enough to ask the questions as a journalist without claiming that he was some spokesperson for the fans, because he isn't and wasn't.
    Having said that it is a massive own goal by the club refusing the local BBC radio station access to commentary.
    I heard it was offered if they replaced Mr Burns.
    Perhaps if he offered to stand aside for a while an olive branch could be offered ?

David Ayre likes this.
  6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

7. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

The questions the fans want answering?

Hmmm ..which fans? Which questions?

8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Always find it weird how much stick Burnsy gets from some. He's excellent at the role and McCann's issue with him is nonsense. He took umbrage to Burnsy asking if we were at risk of relegation after losing Bowen and Grosicki and couldn't handle it when it turned out we very much were.

9. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

I don't think Burnsy can win , some people criticise him for not asking difficult questions
    and somebody even thinks he was bullying McCann after we lost 8-0

10. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that across several threads at the moment there are a number of posters seemingly trying to start arguments amongst ourselves, arguing we're wrong to criticise McCann, wrong to chant "sacked in the morning", wrong to stay away, rehashing old arguments regarding the name change, people staying away, applauding Burnsy and the HDM's ban from talking to the squad and manager. Almost as if trying to deflect criticism of the club and the management.

11. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Is there only fat **** who can ask the questions the fans want answered??
    No one else?? Really??

egotistical ****er

allowentry and David Ayre like this.
  12. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Totally agree, pathetic by the club. I dare say the situation would be very different if we were riding high and no 'difficult' questions would be likely!

GEvans76 and Gone For A Walk like this.
  13. David Ayre

David Ayre Member

For me he seems to love our demise, whether it is because he hates Ehab or supports Grimsby I’m not sure. Him and Swanny banging on about London away trips like it’s their personal trip on the piss annoys the fook out me. Stick the the commentary pal. Oh you can’t .

14. Mckechnie Orange

If Burnsy gets banned for asking uncomfortable questions, then it's no surprise that his replacement interviewers aren't gonna challenge McCann in the same way and risk a total ban now is there?

15. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Even before he was banned I'd stopped listening to Sportstalk years ago I could not listen to Burny's and Swannys match commentary for more then ten minutes without wanting to throw the radio across the room.
    I know some older fans who used to get their City fix from the commentaries so it's horses for courses. Personally I'd sooner be at the game, same with City live on the telly. But not everyone can and that is why the local BBC commentary is necessary, but it doesn't always have to be Dave Burns doing it. It's become a stand off now and personal, perhaps some of those making it that should stand aside ?

16. Mckechnie Orange

Come off it. Its typical Allam mentality. If you can't stand up to scrutiny then just ban the local media.

17. Jackthecap

Jackthecap Well-Known Member

i wasn't sure if this was deserving of a new thread but existing ones don't really cover this. His post match inteview on Wednesday was exactly the same as any other . The man just lacks the ability to be honest. He's so determined to hold on to this job that he's throwing any future management career away as a result. Why can't he say something like; We haven't spent any money and we finished the game tonight with only one player different from last season. The team is struggling and it's clear that we need fresh blood. The first opportunity to do that is in the January transfer window. If we don't strengthen then we are going to continue to struggle.

He wouldn't be lying and he isn't throwing Allam under the bus. He'd gain a massive boost in respect from those of us who pay to watch the team every week, and he'd also be seen as something other than the puppet he's allowed himself to become. It wouldn't make him a better manager but at least we'd know he can see what we see. He's become so suspicious of the media that it's ridiculous. The nonsense about refusing to discuss formation changes at Huddersfield was just laughable. Show some decency and integrity. It can't do anything but good. At the moment nothing he's doing is acting in the best interests of either himself or our club.

18. Mckechnie Orange

Hopefully the main protagonists will move aside in the coming weeks.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  19. City Man

I'm probably one of this 'number of posters' you refer to.

I support the shirt, the club, the team.

Players like managers and owners come and go.

The club has the best chance of succeeding when the fans get behind the team and management.

It's for fans of other clubs to try and undermine our chances - not our own fans.

It really is that simple.

20. City Man

That was typical Martin Fish mentality before the Allams had even been invented.

Top_Tiger likes this.