1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why is McCann still here

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by cheshireles, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

McCann has been insulated from criticism for so long that he probably thinks he’s been doing an alright job, which is why the chants by City supporters about wanting him out probably hit a nerve for him.

Jackthecap likes this.
  2. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

The club has the best chance of succeeding by winning some matches. The fans "get behind the team" by caring about what happens to their football club!

highpeak tiger, Jackthecap and Drew like this.
  3. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

I'm sure GM uses the league table as his yardstick not the mouthings of spotty know- nowts

4. City Man

"I care so much, I want the best for my club, so I have to call them out when they fail"

Easy.

Jackthecap likes this.
  5. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Offering right of rely to the majority of fans calling for his head is hardly bullying.

Jackthecap likes this.
  6. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

These threads are just dragging on with the same drivel. He’s not going anywhere anytime soon, so arguing between ourselves, singing sack the manager at games does nothings short of making Ehab grin like a Cheshire Cat!
    I have no idea if results don’t improve by a certain date that he’ll be fired, but judging by past results, it looks like 0% chance of a change of management!
    So the fans at games should simply cheer him & make him out to be a tactical genius, it’s as much use as giving him abuse!

7. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Burnsy isn't welcome more because of the players feelings as opposed to grants. They feel he looks to find issues even when they are doing well, some of his tweets during games, comments on the radio etc ( even when doing well last season after he had them down for a potential double relegation ) seemed to be looking for and hoping the players would fail. Add that to his almost ( they feel ) enjoyment and I told you so when things don't go well. Thats the main reason. Grant isn't a fan of him but took it as part of the job. Add it all together and the group just thought it better that his negativity wasn't allowed to be in around the camp when they felt he was just waiting and hoping for something to jump on.

Should the players and the club accept his feelings, views and style as part of the job? Probably... But burnsy has brought on his own downfall by the way he's acted rightly or wrongly.

Maybe this should just be used by the BBC to start a fresh with a new team to cover Hull and say thanks but goodbye to burnsy and swanny ? Let's face it the quality that we got from the ex pros last season on ifollow shows swanny up for just how poor he is

8. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

If they aren’t both telling him the same thing then I’m even more worried.

highpeak tiger likes this.
  9. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

I’m sure he doesn’t because we finished 24th last time in the Championship and we’re currently in the bottom three and he’s still banging on about ‘trusting the formula’ and saying we play good football.

He’s deluded whichever angle you look at it.

10. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

That is just plain ridiculous. Absolute bollocks.

And let's remember it's not just Burns that has been banned. It's HDM as well. If Burns was replaced, it wouldn't be long before the next reporter was banned too. The issue is the Allams, simple as.

11. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

I honestly don’t care about Burnsy and Swanny that much. I think they’re poor commentators for the most part. But let’s not pretend McCann and/or the players only have an issue with those two clowns. McCann gave Mike White attitude as well because Mike asked if the squad was experienced enough, especially at the back.

Grant’s a thin-skinned baby.

GEvans76 and Jackthecap like this.
  12. City Man

I'm not bothered whether he's deluded or not.

When he goes, he goes.

It will be his employer's call not the fans.

Crazy I know, but....

13. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

He's ****ed then isn't he, he should resign based on your logic.

14. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

That's interesting, especially as I would have said Burnsy's tweets would be positioned as fairly moderate when you consider the range of opinions you get on here (and we're relatively sane and balanced compared to some of the other City fan groups). Maybe selling himself as a fan rather than an impartial journalist goes down well with his listeners but not the players.

Agree Swanny is well past his sell by date, but I'll repeat my earlier post that I'd love a Burnsy-Meyler commentary team - I'd even consider taking a radio to the stadium to listen to that!

Godrevy Buoy and Howdentiger2 like this.
  15. City Man

How so?

16. Mckechnie Orange

... And the quality of main commentary to any casual listener shows just how good Burnsy is in comparison. Couldn't give a fook about swanny mind.

Any idea why 3 of the 4 last ifollow audio commentaries have been the away sides BBC coverage? Hudds was our own (Fletcher) when they bothered to turn the stream on...

Also, its one thing requesting a different interviewer but denying the fans local radio commentary just increases the divide between club and supporters.

originallambrettaman likes this.
  17. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

It was bullying the way he said it, and he wasn't speaking for the majority of fans at the time. There were a million and one things a journalist could have asked a manager after a club record 8-0 away defeat, but to hide his questions behind 'what the fans want' was cheap IMO. and since when was he made the fans spokesman ?

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  18. City Man

He's a club employee - I wish him success as long as he is with us.

Not massively interested in his persona, feelings, thoughts tbh.

19. Mckechnie Orange

So, after the 0-8 the majority weren't calling for his head?

Give your head a shake.

20. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

He comes across to me as if he actually believes what he is saying, so in that sense I think he is being honest.
    More a case then of him being deluded and incompetent?
    Regarding players, the money wasn't there to spend on fees but he was allowed once again to bring in several players, and I'm sure he had a big say in who they were (as most have previous links with him), so again it simply suggests incompetence.

Edit: we all wish him success, but there comes a point when it's clear it just isn't going to happen.

Jackthecap likes this.