1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

wigan & coming home

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by jimjamsafc, Nov 21, 2011.

1. jimjamsafc

jimjamsafc Member

morning chaps. despite the gloom of the weekend i am surprisingly buzzy; looking ahead to the weekend. optimistic, excited, anxious, i can barely contain myself.

the reason being i will step foot in the SoL for the first time since our championship winning season with Keane. For various reasons the past few years haven't allowed me to attend a home match but at the start of the season i vowed to right the wrong.

it's the time of year i normally par take in my annual pilgrimage to north east, see the remaining family members (we're not prolific breeders) and tidy up me grans grave. my lad is coming up for the first time (although at 2 yrs old decided the match might be a struggle for him, he'll be at the metro centre) i'm excited to have him experience where I consider home.

3 points on saturday, a freezing cold mooch on cambois beach on sunday morning followed by a proper sunday roast and the long drive home. it's a weekend i'll savour 'til this time next year.

this is why i love supporting sunderland. BOB or BIB it doesn't matter i still love this club and as I get older my childlike excitement for the place seems to get stronger.

yes we are in a bad run, yes we don't seem to have any strikers who can stick the ball in the net, yes we have a manager who seems to not know how to turn it around, but come 3' o clock on Saturday there is no where else I'd rather be.

for what its worth, the team i'd go with is;

westwood

o'shea brown turner bardo

larson colback gardener

sess bendy richo

wont happent hough, but i don't care, i'll still stand there and sing whether it's elmo and cattermole or ronaldo and messi.

2. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Know how you feel mate...

My last one's were this time last year against Stoke and Everton..

Nowt better than going home....only for a while though!

3. Moorsleymountainman

Moorsleymountainman Active Member

Hope you enjoy your weekend mate. (I like the Sunday roast bit. Just can't beat it. Chicken, bit of pork, roasties, yorksh....................mmmmmmmm). Anyway,I like your team but you can guarantee Cattermole will be in the side. 1,000,000,000,000,000 %.

4. jimjamsafc

jimjamsafc Member

aye your right there, as good as catts was on sat i just think colback offers the same but more.

5. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

And that my friend is what its all about, thank you for posting that and I promise, no doom and gloom down Coxhoe way.

6. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Maybe for you it’s a case of absence making the heart grow fonder mate, or familiarity breeding contempt but I have none of the enthusiasm you have for next week at all. I truly, truly wish it were different as I am just not enjoying my football experience at all these days. It’s been a long hard year and not a lot to cheer about at all and its finally getting to me big time now.

I hope you and the littl'n have a fantastic time kidda and the team serves you up a festive feast, as God knows the club needs a lift at the moment. Don’t hold your breath mind and certainly don’t build your lads hopes up but certainly enjoy the day fully.