1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wigan Vs The Gas Game Thread

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Looks like this season's going to be a tough one, looking down more than up too.

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

So I was unfortunately right. 2 of the 3 started and as predicted we lost by 3 goals. 1 of the 3 mentioned also missed the chance to get us back in the game, failing to score his penalty.

If I was Nichols, I would be fuming right now. He impressed when he came on vs Bradford. He made our goal too. He missed out starting vs Wigan and yet again he impressed when he came on. We had a good 15 minute spell with just 10 men where we were on top of the game and that was after he came on the pitch. To me, he changed the game in our favour. He won us the pen as well and he wanted to take it. He would have scored too, I know it. But Harrison wouldnt let him. It was a great chance to go 2-1 and we was the team on top of the game too so wouldnt have put it passed us in getting another goal to get us a point. But Harrison missed and that killed us off. You should have seen the reaction from either Bodin or Nichols (not sure who it was) after the pen was missed. They were at the edge of the box looking very disappointed and waved their arms with frustration at Harrison.

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

He wont miss the next one he's been taken pen taking duties

Wish I knew why Leadbitter always gets the nod at RB I truly believe that Partington has more quality than Leadbitter

4. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I think Leadbitter is seen as someone who can get down the flanks and put in a few crosses. His defending's definitely a bit suspect, though and I would play Partington in a 4 and Leadbitter in a 5.

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I like that idea but when using wing backs, maybe its too defensive as attacking wise I dont think Leadbitter is that great either. But he can put in a good cross though.