1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wilfred Bony .

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Norway-jack, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

C'mon wilf get another goal today ! considering he has hardly played many games Wilf now has 8 goals this season, that is fantastic work for the minutes on the field .

I wonder how good he would be if we played to his strengths ? first few minutes against Kuban he actually had a cross and almost placed it right in the top corner ,it was a fantastic header.

He has all the tools ,its the players job to play to his strengths a bit more , its clear to me that when Michu is in the team we tend to just want to pass to him ,laudrup has to put his foot down here and make sure we play to wilfs strengths as much as michu's .

Give Bony the ball in the right places and he is going to score .

He is our top goal scorer this season and has played half the time that michu has, so we should start thinking along the lines of this boy being worth every penny considering his goals per game ratio, its not his fault he aint being used right and isn't being supported properly.

Thoughts ?

2. Jack Uzi

Jack Uzi Active Member

Who's Wilfred and who is he playing for today.

3. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more,Norway.
    The opportunity that we had to score in the opening minutes against Kuban showed what can be achieved.
    It was a glorious ball from De Guzman,Bony read it beautifully and powered in a super header only for the keeper to bring off a brilliant save.
    Sublime football all round. More of the same will see our man score for fun.

4. Norway-jack

You'd rather talk about a missing "i" than the player ??

Weird <ok>

5. Norway-jack

Bony has stuff to work on for sure but in the meantime I feel he has shown enough in and around the area for us to compromise and play to his strengths for a change,not the other way around .

6. Jokeren1943

Jokeren1943 Member

Swansea play Sunday not Saturday :)

7. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

Come on Norway, keep up :p I hope you haven't already left to go to the stadium though :p

8. Norway-jack

Yeah Saturday / sunday /with the "i" without the "i"

Somrtimes its difficult to keep track of the games and the days !! anyway..

Wilfy has done enough to warrant us playing more to his strengths than we have perhaps so far <ok>

9. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

We knew what you meant - infallibility is required to satisfy some on here.
    Be thankful you din't accidentally split an infinity.

(sits back and waits)

10. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

One could always assume a degree of playful sarcasm, even without a smiley. Well I did anyway ;)

11. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

You been drinking Norway? <laugh> Only kidding. I agree that if we play to Bony's strengths he'll come good in the Prem for us. The Spanish lads in particular always look to play in Michu and I understand that but it's definitely at the expense of Bony. The best he gets is a super-fast ball fizzed into his feet when his back into goal and that's why his assists are better than his goals in the League.

I think most of us recognise the talent and of course many players take a little longer to settle. I agree with you - in the absence of Michu now could be his time. <ok>

12. The Lone Rangel

The Lone Rangel Active Member

If you're going to pay £12m for a striker the least you can do is try and play to his strengths I would have thought.

13. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Totally agree. But I don't think there is a Spanish thing consciously going on as others have said. Note that when Bony scored against Kuban, the "Amigos" were first in there with the congratulations. It just might be that Michu has always been the main "go to" player up front and the others have to learn what Bony likes and wants.

When he gets that and develops the confidence to use his incredible shooting power more often, he will notch the goals he was bought to score.

14. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

I am confident he will get one tomorrow - hopefully two :)

15. Norway-jack

I agree that perhaps its not intentional for the Spanish lads to always pass to michu, it just probably seems that way to be fair .

Bony is getting the ball hit at him from flicks in tight areas, some of the little flicks michu has put in his path I don't think messi could've controlled,such was the speed .

Is it possible that lamaar was also a key factor in Bony's performance the other day ?

Now my thoughts on lamar have been that he is probably one of the worst loan signings ive ever seen us make ,signing for 18 months and hardly ever playing a game but I was really pleased for the boy on Thursday, he made a contribution and a valuable one at that .

Poz,Bony and Lamaar is something id like to see a bit more of I think . Kuban are a decent team and I think they would survive in the premier league from what ive seen over 2 games so lets see what this combo can do in front of the home fans I reckon

16. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

the thing is we need for the players to all play to their strengths and that can only come from from the way laudrup wants them to play. We have the players do we have the manager...I'm not so sure going on results so far. We all know we can beat anyone playing to our strengths at the end of the day...

17. swanseaandproud

Poz,Bony and Lamaar is something id like to see a bit more of I think . Kuban are a decent team and I think they would survive in the premier league from what ive seen over 2 games so lets see what this combo can do in front of the home fans I reckon

WHAT!!!!! I dont think so...<laugh>

18. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

I think I tend to agree with Norway on this, Dai. For sure, Kuban wouldn't set the division alight but they were a decent team, fast on the counter with some good players. I'd say they are on par with at least six or seven teams in the lower half of the PL - including us on the results over two games. :sad:

19. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I agree. Kuban are much better than Cardiff, Palace, Norwich, Fulham....I could keep going. Travelling 2,000 miles and almost getting all the points would have been unthinkable a while back. Yes we should have seen it out but the Kuban manager has got them playing with heart fair play, and they have some players with real ability.

To say anything else smacks of Premiership arrogance.

20. swanseaandproud

kuban better than cardiff or any other premiership club..<laugh> Give over they were not that good, we made them look good the other two teams walked all over them...