1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

will man utd win the champions league against barcelona????

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cliftonmugpie, Apr 28, 2011.

1. cliftonmugpie

cliftonmugpie Member

The other night man utd vs shalke was a cracking game to watch, im not a man utd supporter but i was well impressed by the standard they set from start to finish.

last night i watched what was to me an awful joke,Barcelona have great passing and a skill level second to none,however what we witnessed was a bunch of dirty diving play acting theatrics that would not be lossed on a stage.

To me man utd and real madrid are of the same style of football soooooo will we get the same from Barcelona and how will man utd cope with getting through the game with eleven men still on the pitch oweing to barcelona's over reaction with every slight challenge?

2. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I doubt we'll win it, but we have a chance. Schalke made us look very good by sitting off so much and basically just defending in their own half and inviting pressure. I don't think Barca will play anything like that in the final.

Also, Barca's game against Real was very cagey and poor last night largely due to it being a derby and at the Bernabeu. I doubt Barca will have the same mentality if they get to the final. But that said, it's good to see that they can be rattled by a team that's willing to challenge them for the ball and get in their faces. I think we'll have to try something similar to win it, and just hope we get a ref who doesn't overreact and send players off when they don't deserve it.

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It should be a great final (if it is these 2 teams) Barca will play the way they always play and Utd will have to work very hard to have a chance of winning. Matador vs Bull.

4. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

you're not in the final yet??

and

neither are Barcelona!

If that is the final though it should be a great game as long as those Spanish cheats don't ruin it.

5. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is true. But I think the debate is a hypothetical one. Reality has a horrible way of ruining those <ok>

6. Psycho2k

Psycho2k Active Member

I really hope Real knock Barcelona out, I know it's unlikely now but I really hate Barcelona's attitude. The way they dive with every little bit of contact holding there faces (Busquets does this at every opportunity) or screaming in pain when it's nothing more than a soft shoulder to shoulder, followed by the entire team surrounding the ref asking for cards with almost every single decision (this alone supposed to warrant a yellow but they never seem to get any for it), they even surround him when simple throw in decisions go against them, and the subs and backroom staff almost always join in too, I don't care how good their passing game is, that side of their game really is pathetic.

7. Jip Jaap Stam

Jip Jaap Stam General Chat Moderator
    Staff Member

:emoticon-0121-angry
    I've disliked Barca for sometime now. I'm sick of all the hype, the way the commentators cream themselves over the simplest of passes, I'm sick of their hypocritical, holier-than-thou attitude - we play the best football but we cheat like ****, we have UNICEF on our shirts but associate ourselves with one of the worst dictatorships in the world in Uzbekistan. I don't want to go all Keegan here, but if we get to Wembley, I'd LOVE it if we beat them. Winning the CL itself would be amazing, but to beat that shower of diving ****ers in the process would be unbelievable!

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Don't get all Keegan on us Jip Jap.....you know how that ended...?

9. Jip Jaap Stam

Jip Jaap Stam General Chat Moderator
    Staff Member

Too late, my hair's already gone all grey and curly :(

10. Pontsafc

Pontsafc Active Member

Should MU play the Barca game? I.E. pack the bench with technical support and race to the touchline at every infringement? When fouled should the red player roll around on the ground for as long as possible to give all his team-mates chance to surround the referee?
    MU have adapted their game over the years for European matches so why not go the whole hog and do as Barca do?

11. LuisNani17

LuisNani17 New Member

Is it me or are we still in the semi final? write an article about this when both 2 are in the final <ok>. As for winning it? There is no chance against an amazing team with eufa on their side. Eufa have already put the ribbons on that trophy and it certainly is not Man Utd colors.

I like Barca a lot and love their philosophy but as every game passes I am starting to dislike them ever more. I am half Moroccan and all my family and most of Morocco like Barca, because they tour there etc and play there and have built a relationship there. I have liked them since I can remember but that is changing but I will always love their philosophy but there would be nothing better than Man Utd beating them and making a mockery of the Media love in. One can only dream :)

12. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

The best team in the world is going to give Farcelona the beating of their lives.

Yeh, I'm starting a United love in. Feel free to join, we win our games against 11 men!