1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will the season be terminated?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BluefromBridgend, Apr 28, 2020.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

The French have followed the Dutch in terminating their season for their top leagues. They have not yet confirmed league winners and promotion relegation issues.

Will we follow suit?

2. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

Will we follow suit?[/QUOTE]

The Football Association of Wales [FAW] has extended its suspension of domestic football at all levels in Wales until at least 15 May due to coronavirus.

The FAW have indefinitely extended the season for all National Leagues, National Cup Competitions and the Futsal League.

The FAW say "every possible option" is being looked at to conclude the season.

"The most important priority for the FAW is the health and wellbeing of everyone," said a statement.

I guess we will have to wait and see

3. BluefromBridgend

The Football Association of Wales [FAW] has extended its suspension of domestic football at all levels in Wales until at least 15 May due to coronavirus.

The FAW have indefinitely extended the season for all National Leagues, National Cup Competitions and the Futsal League.

The FAW say "every possible option" is being looked at to conclude the season.

"The most important priority for the FAW is the health and wellbeing of everyone," said a statement.

I guess we will have to wait and see[/QUOTE]

Who gives a **** about the FAW? A bunch of half arsed ****ers with Mickey Mouse parks competitions. Surely in this we are governed by the EFL and FA? The FAW carry no jurisdiction in the Championship.

4. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Well the Premiership are planning to move on. of course, they have greater issues at stake in terms of Europe etc (altho' so do FAW?). Our (Championship) relationship to finishing is more to do with promotion to their ranks. But there are obvious financial consequences too. If Prem. are determined to finish and go into or impinge somehow on next season, then it has implications for us too.

5. BluefromBridgend

6. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Spurs started training yesterday.
    Think thats 5 PL sides now.
    They must think something is a foot.
    Question now is around legality of them training. Do they because its their job and they cant work from home?
    Next thing is you'll have sunday league kick abouts with numpties justifying it as the professionals are playing, why cant we?
    As said weeks ago, there will be legal challenges over promotion and relegation if the season isnt finished.

7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

If the season ends uncompleted then as there would be a fifth of the season not played then it would be highly controversial if not unlawful and immoral for any club to be promoted or relegated. So much can happen in 9 games.

If the PL season however is completed then what would happen to the 3 relegated clubs if the EFL wasn’t completed?

The conclusion must be for every effort to be made within the government guidelines to complete the season and if it means next season has to be delayed then so be it.

There is too much football played anyhow so it would be no loss if the League Cup was not played and the FA cup had no replays and the Euro Nations League can be binned as well to allow a full league season.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  8. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

As much as we all love the game, if Italy and then Spain also look to terminate the season is think the Prem will be shamed into following suit.

However, I also believe the money men will try every trick in the book to get the season finished.

Despite the severe implications for lots of clubs in differing ways, I personally don't believe that any of those implications compare one iota to the potential risks of trying to restart the season before its GENUINELY safe to do so.

With the Euros now meaning next season has a defined "hard stop" then I can't see any other result than cancelling / writing off this season if we do the morally right thing.

But then when does football these days ever actually with morality and integrity?

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  9. BluefromBridgend

10. BluefromBridgend

11. BluefromBridgend

12. BluefromBridgend

13. Barry Tiger

As I can't even be bothered to click on Wales on Line links would you like to just summarise anything of any importance in those links BfB please?

14. Barry Tiger

Quite frankly if I was a player I wouldn't want to be put in a position where I could pick up Covid and take it back to my family and loved ones. If that happened and someone died as a result surely there must be some breach of Health and Safety laws etc. Football clubs and authorities must have a duty of care to the players and also to the officials and support staff etc that have to be in attendance. Not forgetting the medical teams that would be better employed looking after people that need their care elsewhere. Quite frankly I would be happy to see the season ended now, the results expunged and start again when it is safe to do so be that in 3, 6 , 12 months whatever.

15. BluefromBridgend

No. BT. You clearly have f all to do judging by the number of jokes and videos you send me. Don't be a lazy twat all your life, get your head out of your arse and do some reading.

I wouldn't sell you my "old man's car" which is 50% at least more economical and 30% faster than your old bus now, even if you wanted it.

Barry Tiger likes this.
  16. BluefromBridgend

Now, a sensible reply which I totally agree with.

When this is all over I dread the volume of legal claims which will effect so many organisations from the government to the NHS, to public transport organisations, to every employer where employees have suffered from covid. Not to mention life insurance claims, nearly 27k dead so far. It won't be covid bringing the country down it will be the no win, no fee vultures.

I heard today that Lloyd's Bank have set aside £1.5 billion for covid related losses. And that's just the start. This won't be a recession, it will be a depression the like of which was last seen in the late 1920's.

Not all bad, we could win the FA Cup again. <whistle>

17. Barry Tiger

Everyone please take note. You don't see replies like that from BfB to my posts everyday!

18. BluefromBridgend

19. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

For once a WoL journo has written something that is not only considered and we'll thought out but it's also correct.

As BT said, we just can't take risks...

BUT in my opinion, if ANY of the top leagues continue then the Prem will be on the bandwagon quicker than an agent to the bank after another dodgy deal.
    Then all the rest of us will have to fall in line like good little boys and girls...

When that happens it will genuinely prove the game is about money and not the fans.

20. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Will players have to socially distance on the field?
    It would stop all the pushing and shoving at corners.:emoticon-0104-surpr

Saying that, it would make no difference to some players in defence, they never chase back so would never be close enough to catch anything.<doh>

As for the financial impact on football, i occasionally drive through Cheshire's footballer belt.
    The sales guys in the Bently garage in Mobberly are going to bear the brunt of it.<whistle>