1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

will the welsh government allow Cardiff and Swansea to resume playing again.

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by william5551, May 14, 2020.

1. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

Will they or not

clingo likes this.
  2. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Hi William, hope you're keeping well.
    I think there's an awful lot to be considered before your question neeeds an answer. Will the EFL decide to compldete the season? If so, will it be games behind closed doors? Will games be played at neutral grounds? I'm not advocating any of these and neither am I against them. I'm completely undecdided and I'm sure no matter what is put into place, there will be stakeho;ders that complain. All I hope, is that football takes its time and looks at the big picture and isn't the catalyst for another, more prolific outbreak of the virus. At the end of the day, the health of the nation is the primary concern.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

If EFL decide to go ahead behind closed doors at neutral venues in England then we and Swansea have a big problem with Dickhead Drakeford.

For any football, all sorts of safety procedures will be needed but the cockwomble in Cardiff would regard our teams leaving Wales as unnecessary travel under his current rules.

One option could be they leave Wales and stay out of the country until all games at neutral venues are done and then, if still on the same rules, re-enter and quarantine for 2 weeks. The players would love that. NOT!!!

Quite frankly it is all a bugger's muddle. We are all in the UK and should all have the same rules. This is not the time for point scoring in political terms.

For me, football needs to show some balls in unprecedented times and cancel the season and start again in August if possible. I would accept Liverpool being given the Prem title as no one is going to catch them.

For the rest of us it allows planning for next season.

clingo likes this.
  4. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Drakeford is a laughing stock and total embarrassment.

There’s no England or Wales as far as championship football is concerned. Cardiff City are part of the EFL so that takes the devolution issue away; doesn’t it?

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

How will they stay away for the duration, or play at neutral venues? No hotels open.

6. BluefromBridgend

Good point Remote. Tents it is for us then. The Swans have a natural mobile accommodation advantage here. <whistle>

7. BluefromBridgend

Not for Mr. Cockwomble <doh>

8. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

I am sure all their remaining opponents will want to take three points off them, so how can you say no one will catch them? They need to earn the title like everyone else.

9. BluefromBridgend

Get real BT. 25 points ahead? Lose all remaining games and rivals get enough points to overhaul them? You like a bet. 1,000 to 1?

Stick to chess for Barry 5ths. Lol!!!!

10. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

Personally I believe that the season should end now for everyone's safety. But now the EFL are suggesting that the season will continue, in whatever format they come up with.
    If the season does resume, Cardiff and Swansea included, at least we will know which teams are to be promoted and relegated and that will resolve the many arguments that would ensue if the season ended now. Who would be relegated from the Premier? Apart from Norwich you could perm any two from five and even Norwich could go on a late run. Would Leeds and West Brom be promoted? And who else? And say for example Preston, Bristol and Millwall lost their next game ( I haven't looked at the fixtures) and we won we'd be in the play-offs.
    The only way to settle this is to play the remaining games but I still believe this is too risky an option in this pandemic.

Last edited: May 15, 2020

11. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't believe this season should be restarted even behind closed doors. Far too dangerous - it's all too little and too late as well as affecting the timing of transfer windows and even fixture dates for next season.

As far as the Championship and lower leagues are concerned, freeze it as it is now and use the current table positions to produce some sort of handicap system for next season. This could be formulated as bonus starting points to reward/compensate those who've done well so far this season but will miss out on promotion/playoffs.

The Prem is a different matter and they'll probably do their own thing anyway with Champions League and Europa League places to be sorted. I expect them to complete the season come hell or high water. The best of luck to them and the lucky buggars at the foot of the table who will get a reprieve from the drop.

12. BluefromBridgend

Well, Dickhead Drakeford's traffic light system announced today does nothing to help Cardiff and Swansea should Championship games recommence in any form.

I go along with Sparkey's above post but surely King Dither's pronouncement is a form of reverse racial discrimination?

He really should be quarantined and gagged. Drakeford, not Sparks.

Blue Sheep likes this.
  13. ninian opinion

14. BluefromBridgend

15. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

We cant play and its the right decision at the moment.

clingo and BluefromBridgend like this.
  16. ninian opinion

It’s the weekend of 20 June then to welcome Leeds:emoticon-0150-hands

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  17. BluefromBridgend

In a virtual way though for us fans.

18. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Welcome to my world.<laugh>