1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will this points deduction debacle finally end today???

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by jon434_QPR, Apr 1, 2011.

1. jon434_QPR

jon434_QPR Member

Rumour has it that today is the day we hear QPRs "punishment".
    It seems to of been dragging on forever already and if isnt today how much longer can they make us suffer!!!:headbang:

And no this isnt an April Fools day prank although the decision might seem like one :)

2. UNITED SINCE 63

It's official, the FA have just announced the findings of their enquiry and QPR are to have 20 points deducted for financial irregularities. The deduction will take effect from 15th April and comes together with a £ 52,000 fine ! Sorry lanzaroteranger but it does not look like you will be playing at Old Trafford next year !!!!!!

3. jon434_QPR

jon434_QPR Member

you missed out a word so i ammended for you 63

4. UNITED SINCE 63

Hey it is April 1st !!!!! Only joking, hope you do it as I have promised lanzaroteranger that I will take him to the QPR game at Old Trafford next season if you are champions !

5. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

Don't think so Jon.

6. Fly_into_the_ranger_zone

Think it was David McIntyre who suggested it could be April 1st when the news first broke of charges, however I think this was just a personal opinion due to the gap for the international break that finishes today.

A logical thought process. Obviously we'd all like to know the outcome of the matter but I would really like a rough timescale - dates for a hearing etc so I know the answer should be coming in say 2 weeks so I can stop worrying whenever I wake up and see messages on my phone

I know the club isn't great at releasing information but this whole thing has gone very quiet in the press too as there are no updates from the FA

7. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

David McIntyre said via twitter this week that he wasent sure... alot of reports flying around is that 6 cases will be dropped...never know with the FA

8. jon434_QPR

jon434_QPR Member

I hope u r right and that at least some of the cases are dropped!

9. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

I think the big question is do the fa really have another money to go in the a lengthy court battle with us?

10. arazis

arazis New Member

I read this in horror but only for a few seconds!

i did read something a while back that was a concern, West Ham were fined a hug sum of cash and harshly put down over the Tevez saga and that was before the FA even had any rules regarding 3rd party ownership, so this is the first time the law has been tested since the laws were created by the FA and my fear is that they might try to make an example of us.