1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will we get relegated next season?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jun 28, 2020.

?

Will we get relegated next season?

1. Yes

26.9%
  2. No

73.1%
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Simple really.

There’s a Middle East consortium apparently going to buy Burnley so we will slip Further down the pecking order and Leeds will spend big and stay up.

Under Bruce and Ashley next season I think relegation will beckon.

2. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

with Bruce and Ashley it's always possible

Dorty Dogbreath likes this.
  3. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

No.

Even with this crappy team we're staying up comfortably.

It's all about the manager, last time we went down we had a far better team than we do now, but for some reason Ashley chose to employment McClaren, ie the guy who gets sacked from midtable championship sides as manager. Before that we went down cos of constant manager changing, having a clown like Kinnear in for most of the season, then using a completely unproven Shearer to keep us up. Previously Souness nearly got a champions league team relegated.

If we're comfortably staying up with Joelinton as a main striker, then we must be doing something right somewhere.

4. Dr Van Helsing

doubt max will be around mind and without him we've achieved nothing

5. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

He seems happy here, and we'd get a fortune for him if he goes.

6. Dr Van Helsing

so what we will sign ****e.

I pains me when fans talk about how much they will get for their best players...

7. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Always possible in the PL if you don't have money to spend. However I think Bruce seems to have enough about him to get the necessary results. But the PL is brutal to those trying to do it on a shoestring.

8. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Takeover. No.

Welshie likes this.
  9. Dr Van Helsing

It's happening

Welshie likes this.
  10. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Bruce can keep us up, knows how to get results Brucie. We've even turned on the style recently. Look comfortably better than those below us.

Then again, now we will lose to them all.

11. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Pretty brutal to those spending over £100m too

12. Dr Van Helsing

people need to weigh in the fact Bruce took over a stable side .. usually a new manager takes over a side that's leaking goals and in such a mess they sacked the previous manager...

just saying

13. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Easily. This seasons PL is the worst in years and we fluked a number of wins. Next season will be different.

14. Dr Van Helsing

voted yes.

not fooled by our position just going on performances.

15. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Course we will. I promise to eat humble pie if there's no takeover, Brucie's still here, and we stay up.

Like the harbinger of doom I've been saying all season a blind chimp would have kept us up now. Next time we have a defence lacking proper drilling, with atleast one of them sold, a midfield with no creativity other than Jonjo's hollywood ball and have an attack that is in the bottom three for every attacking stat available already. Do the math and use your brain, we'll be goners.

16. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

I think we'll be fine once Gayle and Joelinton bed in.

17. Leo Billy

Leo Billy Well-Known Member

I know people have different opinions obviously, but I feel if this takeover doesn’t happen, we will get relegated, not saying we’ll be bottom by a large margin but definitely think we’d get relegated.

I can’t see us getting 94 minute goals to beat Chelsea 1-0 next season. I can’t see us getting a draw at home to City next season. I can’t see us winning 1-0 away to spurs next season. I can’t even see us beating Southampton away next season.

I personally feel regardless of what the future holds ASM & Almiron will stay for one more season at least, they both feel to have a connection with the club but if this carries on playing like this especially ASM will have to move, because his talent will go to waste based on performances we’ve seen this season & I wouldn’t hold any grudges for him doing so.

Leeds, West Brom and I personally think Brentford will come up and I don’t think any of those’ll be easy either.

Reckon we’d finish 18th. Us, Sheff United and Brentford (if they were to be promoted)

Obviously hope I get proved wrong mind.

Night lads.

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  18. Warmir Pouchov

This thread is a great read. The attempts to discredit Bruce via the usual channels is hilarious.

So far on this thread we've had:

- He's been lucky
    - The league is **** this particular season
    - He is living off the previous manager

Just face up to it lads, he is matching the mighty Rafa all the way <laugh><laugh><laugh>

Keep squirming :emoticon-0148-yes:

haslam and G4rdToonArmy like this.
  19. Dr Van Helsing

lucky is accurate

also he did walk into a side that worked... usually a manager takes over a side leaking goals and losing every game after the previous manager was sacked ..

he's got the job done but I'll conclude on how well he's done after another season or what he leaves behind.

right now you've gotta credit him but I'm not blind or short sighted

20. Warmir Pouchov

You make your own luck. He's been no more lucky than Rafa or anyone else. He has just done a good solid job. Do I think he's a good manager or the right man for the job? No. However I am not going to be swayed by someone's reputation or name when assessing how they've done. I just judge him on what I see and what the table says.

Rafa ain't responsible for the defending this season. Bruce is. I assume I can blame Rafa for Longstaff then? He passed him to Bruce broken. I assume I can blame Rafa for anything that was around under Rafa, but hasn't worked for Bruce? Ah no that wouldn't be the case, because its cherry picking which is required to avoid having to climb down.

People just need to get over it, he's put Rafa in perspective. I said people were going overboard about him. I was told on here several times I would learn when we lost him and got relegated the following season, both before and after when Bruce joined. Now that hasn't transpired the goalposts are being moved to next season, and/or excuses are being rolled out why Bruce has proven them wrong. People should just have a bit more about them and say "yep I got carried away about Rafa, he just did a good job rather than amazing, and Bruce has done a good job too". There is a lack of objectivity with our fanbase for me. They judge on whether they like a personality rather than just how they do. Bruce was on a hiding to nothing and I'm glad he's proven all those fans wrong even though I never wanted him, and still don't.

I'm just waiting for someone to try and use COVID to do Bruce down <laugh>

haslam and Munson. like this.