1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Will we have new manager or not?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Southampton.fc/wales, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Craig smith

Craig smith Well-Known Member

Take no ****ing notice of em!

2. Libby

Libby 9-0

Nah I think it's cos you're a bit of a **** mate.

Saintmagic likes this.
  3. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Guys if you think about it everyone on here without exception has talked some sort of rubbish that has been picked up by others. The trouble is when you write a contradiction it never sounds the way it would be spoken. It is so much easier to offend when writing even though it was not meant to offend. We are all guilty of taking things the wrong way at times. Opinions are important it doesn’t matter if they seem batty to you. What is important is how to reply without losing respect. EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO AN OPINION BATTY OR NOT. LETS ALL RESPECT THAT!!!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  4. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Unknown.jpeg

5. KRAZYB

KRAZYB New Member

You may find that the abuse rendered here is nothing in comparison to that on SaintsWeb

6. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

This thread needs to be renamed "Kiss and Make-up time."

40000thheadman likes this.
  7. Libby

Libby 9-0

Must be why they won't let me sign up. Too nice :bandit:

8. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

NO BATTY OPINIONS BLOODY NORA!
    upload_2021-6-7_23-53-45.jpeg

Beddy likes this.
  9. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

I have been intrigued by the speculation about Eddie Howe becoming Saints manager at some time in the future as this is one of those stories which has been running so long it almost feels like there is an air of inevitability about it. I have made my position regarding Hassenhutl clear on other threads but I would have to say that it is quite staggering than some people seem to favour Howe ahead of the Austrian. I am not convinced that Howe is a top flight manager even though he did well for a number of seasons with Bournemouth. If he goes anywhere on the south coast, I think he will materialise at Fratton Park as soon as they get promoted to the Championship and the moment the incumbent management team starts to struggle. He would be more of a "perfect fit" at Portsmouth. I would be shocked if Howe's next appointment is in the Premiership.

10. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

Worth a look at SM's post in reply to the question "what has Ralph won" on a previous thread. Properly funded he's had great results, where the money will come from is anyone's guess.
    FC Ingolstadt 04[edit]
    In October 2013, Hasenhüttl was appointed as coach of Ingolstadt 04,[14] replacing Marco Kurz. In his first season, he took them from bottom of the 2. Bundesliga to tenth place. In the 2014–15 season, Hasenhüttl took Ingolstadt to the Bundesliga for the first time, finishing the season as 2. Bundesliga champions. In the 2015–16 season, he was successful in securing Ingolstadt's Bundesliga survival, finishing in 11th place, but chose not to extend his contract.[15]

RB Leipzig[edit]
    In May 2016, he was confirmed as the new manager of newly-promoted RB Leipzig. He took over on 1 July 2016.[16] His first match was against Dynamo Dresden in the German Cup.[17] Leipzig lost 5–4 in a shootout.[18] In his and the club's debut season in the Bundesliga Hassenhüttl guided Leipzig to a 2nd-place finish. The following season the club finished 6th with Hasenhüttl asking for his contract to be terminated as he was not comfortable acting as an interim for incoming boss Julian Nagelsmann.[19] In May 2018, Hasenhüttl left RB Leipzig.[20].

I think this is the wiki that was quoted. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Hasenhüttl

Le Tissier’s Laces likes this.

11. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

Of course we will have a new manager. That is not the question. The question is when and why?

The Ides of March and StJabbo1 like this.
  12. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

I do get the frustrations that some people feel but a few good results would undoubtedly result in a mass production of rose tinted glasses. Coz that's what we fans do.

That said this is a huge season for Ralph. He will get the backing this summer. Of that there is no doubt, but within the financial limits of the club. Forget new owners. Even if we did get them, the sustainability model would still be there. We will never be a Man Utd. I've used the analogy before but when they paid £90m for Pogba, it was claimed that they got that money back in just a couple of weeks through selling replica shirts with his name on the back. That is the difference between a big club and a family group (and why I support Saints!).

There are many reasons the academy has disappointed in recent years and there is no point whatsoever in trying to find someone to blame (what is the obsession with that these days?). The current crop pushing for the first team joined us when we were in the lower divisions and we were not such an attractive proposition for youngsters. Pushing for a premier league debut is obviously going to be tougher. Compare and contrast with the likes of Shaw, Chambers and Walcott who were recruited when we were in the top flight but debuted in lower leagues. Much much easier. On top of that the massive injuries post Christmas (which largely accounts for our disastrous second half of the season) meant any half decent academy stars were drafted on to the first team bench meaning all academy players playing at higher levels that they were prepared for. Result: lots of (big) defeats.

The reason I think this is a big season fro Ralph is that with new signings (producing more squad depth), key player retention (e.g. Ings, Vesty and JWP) and a first full year with the academy teams adopting the new 'playbook' we should see improvements in almost every area. If we don't I suspect we will see a managerial change next summer. Hope not though. Ralph clearly loves it here and the philosophy of the club is understood by everyone involved (except maybe a few fans :emoticon-0103-cool:)

13. The Ides of March

Wrong! It is because your comments are too long and contain an element of intellect!!!

PMR always a Saint likes this.
  14. The Ides of March

Re Mowgli: I do get the frustrations that some people feel but a few good results would undoubtedly result in a mass production of rose tinted glasses. Coz that's what we do!!!! This is excellent!! This could be used on a dating page.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  15. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

I agree with your points regarding the academy (especially the bit about recruiting younger players when we were in the top flight but then breaking into the first team in the lower leagues)

I disagree that there is “no doubt” Ralph will get funds, and also that a new owner won’t make a difference. It completely depends on who the new owner is if we continue down the “sustainable” route. I also think that the only way Ralph gets any funds which could really make a big impact in terms of a squad overhaul is if we sell at least one of our prize assets to fund it. So I don’t think your last paragraph is at all possible under the current owners

16. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Agreed that it's a big season for Ralph, but also agree with Magic's point about how Ralph is going to get backing this summer, "of that there is no doubt".

That's a huge stretch.

StJabbo1 likes this.
  17. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

Well it was only an opinion. The only doubt I have is whether the right players are available at the price we want to pay. Two good defenders to improve quality plus Minamino and Elynoussi to give us a bit more depth would represent a decent transfer window. Assuming of course there are no significant outgoings.

18. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Ralph won’t get backing . He will get sacked , we will get relegated .

Negative Creep, Kaito and RSS like this.
  19. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

That's the spirit <laugh>