1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Willian Joins Arsenal - Official.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheBear, Aug 14, 2020.

1. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

<laugh>

2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

By the look of things they need funds to secure the Partey transfer. A lack of experience is surely one of the reasons for the Willian transfer.
    Coutinho is still a distinct possibility.

I think Saliba and Gabriel will both be excellent signings but Saliba is super young and I think its unrealitsic to expect him to come in and completely fix our defensive issues. I thought he looked very solid though in yesterdays friendly. (cant say the same for Holding though)

Overall I think they are doing the right things - youth needs to be our main focus. When you look at the money City/Chelsea are able to spend we cant compete when it comes to buying established stars.

Willian, Luiz, (Ozil), Aubemayang all have experience winning titles & competing in the ECL - bring in another like Coutinho and/or Partey. Overall though I would like to see more young talents like Auoar or Szobolazai coming in.

gooner4ever likes this.
  3. TheBear

Arsenal still not announced Gabriel or Aubameyang contract.<confused>

What is going on? Did Kroenke and Edu fire the marketing team as well?

4. TheBear

The Interview on Arsenal.com today Arteta admits that Gabriel is NOT yet done and Aubmaeyang has NOT yet signed a new deal. (despite every news outlet saying otherwise)

WHAT THE ACTUAL **** - this Club is a joke. Why does verything take us sooo long? Chelsea have signed three players in the time we've been negotiating with Gabriel.

We need to sell players in order to buy and have sold approximately 0 :emoticon-0183-swear

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    gooner4ever likes this.
  5. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

You think Ozil will ever play again? I'm surprised every time Luiz makes the team sheet, and how he gets a pass from the Arsenal fans, he has made some real howlers.

6. TheBear

I dont think Ozil will. Arteta insists on the need to keep running/moving/harassing even in training.
    I just think Ozils attitude and body language wont work for Arteta at all.

You can see he prefers Nketiah over Lacazette for example - The Frenchman is clearly the more refined forward / better finisher at this point but Nketiah seems to be getting the nod based on workrate.

That's basically why I dont see Ozil getting back. He's not going to outwork his teammates - even if he is the more talented player. I think Guendouzi has a chance though - providing he keeps the attitude in check and doesnt get sold in the next couple of weeks.

You can understand why Messi/Iniesta/Xavi were all soo good now if that's the kind of workrate Pep demanded day in day out.