1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Winning in Munich - again

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bristol Blue, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

0-3 down after also losing to Arsenal in a badly officiated FA Cup final. Yes the dream of winning our second European Cup is still on. <cool><cool><cool> Possible Chelsea winning scenarios, German Chancellor Angela Merkel shoots herself in her Fuhrer bunker and the Bayern team get totally pissed up in celebration; scenario 2: Bayern team succumb to the Chinese Flu and we are awarded victory; scenario 3: we actually win 0-4 in Munich. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Scenario 4 Anthony Taylor gets the game and makes up for his shocker against Arsenal, we win 4-0 all penalties and 5 Bayern players sent off.
    We will be lucky to have 11 players fit to start, unless Bayern agree to a wheelchair match.

3. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0140-rofl: Anthony Taylor to officiate a wheelchair match - surely he couldn’t fuck that up as well.

Scenario 5 - we lose 2-0 in Munich but beat Bayern in the final again next year - I could live happily with that scenario.:1980_boogie_down:

4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Scenario 6. Frank puts his boots on and shows them how it should be done.

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Now there's a thought !!!!

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Lewandowski showed what a difference a proper striker can make, and showed Tammy Abraham is not good enough at this level. Forever offside, or getting shoved aside, he only scores the kind of goals your Grandma could. The gulf between the sides was even bigger than I thought it would be, Bayern immediately attack, we immediately look backwards, they use one touch passing, we dwell on the ball giving them time to snatch it away. All game long.The few positives from the game are a big improvement from CHO and Reece James, the usual effort from Mount with virtually no ball to aid his work. The reaffirming downside, the continuing poor play of Barkley, Christensen, Emerson and to a lesser degree Zouma, adding up to a terrible defence overall. Kante put in a great second half, but does look like a bit of a misfit in our system.
    Bayern gave us a lesson in team play, we showed terrific effort against overpowering odds, but need a big step up in guile and smarts.
    That Frank and the squad made it this far this season, is just reward for effort and perseverance. Every reason to look to a significant step up as we approach a new season, with upgrades achieved where they are obviously needed.

7. The Ginger Marks

Think you were a tad harsh on some but with what we had without Dave, Willian & Pulisic was not that far off the mark considering Bayern’s players having hundreds of hours playing at this level. There’s no way we could have won but we did have a few good chances to score but we never stepped up. Of course I’m hopeful those involved can next year. Rudiger looks to be on the way out and hope the brick follows, I have 100% faith in what Frank is trying to achieve but it will take a few years.

8. Chelsea Pensioner

I was really trying to say I thought we were sluggish all game compared to how we have played recently. You are right about Bayern though, whenever we did get in behind them they looked dodgy, even more reason to be frustrated that we couldn't raise the pace and go at them. Trying to work 5 passes to get someone into a better position rarely works.Just not direct enough, which is precisely what Pulisic brings, straight for goal. In the end though, it was a great striker and a coherent midfield tearing a new one in our poor defence, just like it has been all year. Read somewhere that a great attack wins games, and a great defence wins titles. Frank is onto it, and we will be much smarter and better equipped come September.

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

The fact that they kicked the **** out of Barca last night makes me feel less bad about losing to them.
    I think they will go on to win the CL tbh

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  10. Chelsea Pensioner

Bayern were brilliant, and Barca look as if half their team has past their use by date. If so then we'd better pay up for Havertz or he'll be in red and blue in 2 weeks, along with Sancho and Kante !!!!!!~

That's if they aren't at Man City, who found a way to lose against Lyon. Pep looks as if he's run out of ideas as well. Maybe put in a cheeky offer for De Bruyne?????

Lyon, another team with a striker who knows where the goal is and gets straight in. Tammy take a look.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020