1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Winter News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Dec 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ole Derek being touted by worried greens for every manager's job that comes up. Don't think he'll go anywhere myself though. Oh hang on................just seen the final score in the Watford v Chelsea match tonight, Crikey it was 4 - 1....................TAXI FOR MR. CONTE. The poor loves will get all worked up again no doubt. Only a matter of time before that vacancy appears.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

There will not be a vacancy as i hear they are paying 8 million compensation to Roma for their manager, well tha twas last week and things change. .

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Watched the Southampton - Liverpool game this afternoon: pretty easy 0-2 win for Liverpool.

Adam Lallana came on as a 2nd half substitute for Liverpool despite having been sent off recently for violent conduct in an Under-23 game which was part of his recovery from a long term injury. Apparently, following a recent change in the rules, disciplinary matters arising in the Under 23's DON'T carry over into the PL. Odd that as an Under 23 appearance by the lad at Everton DID prevent him coming to us on loan. What's the logic there, apart from preservation of PL interests?

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Quite notdistant...............

5. notDistantGreen

Rather odd and slightly disturbing interview with Derek Adams.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sp...news/plymouth-argyle-boss-derek-adams-1197857

Particularly worrying...

“We have just got to be careful that we don’t get carried away, and we don’t get carried away because other people do that for us.

Listen, if we finish in the top six I will not be Plymouth Argyle manager will I? It’s one of them ones.

“And the players that we have here will move on as well because it will be a tremendous achievemen
    t."

6. notDistantGreen

7. notDistantGreen

You may know that PAFC have an eBay channel selling memorabilia. Not sure whether I believe it but latest item seems to be a bottle of Typex signed by Gary Miller. There seems to be a picture and bidding stands at £18. Any offers?

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I didn't think they made typex anymore. The bidding is probably for that rather than the autograph.

9. notDistantGreen

Well, nobody types do they, not in the traditional sense anyway, but here's the "proof"

Attached Files:

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That stuff smells lovely or at least I used to think so. I'll say one thing for proper typing. At least it didn't have a bleddy cursor which jumped around the page when you weren't looking and you find out you've typed stuff on screen all over the place. The typing didn't suddenly disappear either. I was at one stage in life an ace with a typewriter keyboard. I could type whilst somebody dictated and hardly ever had to use the old typex and stuff. I make far more mistakes nowadays but think partly that's down to the flat keyboard so the direction the fingers take is sometimes a fraction off.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I read that interview with Adams thing as well notdistant. Have to say I think there is a lot of tongue in cheek about it. Think he was having a little poke in certain directions and part of that is at us the fans who some a while ago were calling for his execution.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I was reading an interview with Ryan Taylor in the Herald which I found quite informative. "Why would I want to leave this football club" is quite a statement if you think about it. This is one player who has moved his family locally and they are just loving it. He is enjoying playing. He is enjoying the football being played. He is enjoying the results and climb up the table. He is enjoying the closeness of the squad. Wow!!!! What a glowing endorsement of the club that is. I just don't understand this belief that players don't want to come here. Time and time again we see that once a player joins they just love it. Maybe it's the offer on the table to start with that's the problem. Not sure but it certainly isn't the area is it.

All that speculation at the start of the season that the squad had a problem surely gets tossed out the window with this. He is not the only one to say how much they like the club and the squad is he so there clearly was never a problem there. Confidence and discipline are my theory now and nothing to do with Adams except the tactics perhaps. They are playing with such freedom now it's a remarkable turn about.

13. notDistantGreen

Nice to see wasn't it? The family thing is I'm sure important. Given the amount of travelling the team has to do, it must be tough if your family are still in Yorkshire or whatever.

14. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Toumani Diagouraga....moved for his family....he was wanted here....so he could have brought them down here in January to be with him....but obviously money was important to him as well......end result is that he is in a struggling team with at present a poor home record. So maybe it was a coincidence that it seemed that he was the main reason for Argyle's upturn in results....he isn't doing it for Fleetwood is he ?
    I think he would of had better options in the end staying in Devon plus his family coming down to support him....he now commutes for 2hrs each way to live in Leeds...not a good choice when it snows between Fleetwood and Leeds.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Torquay have signed free agent Jacub Sokolik.

16. notDistantGreen

Partly to do with the age of the kids perhaps, although I don't know Diagouraga's circumstances. Easy to move 2 and 3 year olds, not so easy once they've started school in earnest.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So Derek Adams is taking his squad to Marbella on the Costa del Sol this week for a bit of warm weather training.....re-charge their batteries for the big game on Saturday against Bradford.....looks a good time to play them at the moment, they seem to have lost their way a bit recently....7th verses 8th....important game.

18. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Hope they dont go taking any taxis in Spain? <party>

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that Fleetwood have sacked Uwe Rosler after a dramatic fall away of form.....with them now one place above the relegation spots.
    Rosler brought Diagouraga to Fleetwood in January as part of his transfer window strengthening plans.....renewing his association with the player.

20. notDistantGreen

On my occasional series on fake PAFC News, the latest is that our stunning recovery from the bottom of the league has filtered abroad and indeed into the offices of the (remaining) Hollywood moguls. It seem Tom Hanks is keen on using the story as the basis for one of his heart warming blockbusters. D Is For Derek has sent him a text enquiring whether he's sure he can do the Glaswegian accent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.