1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Winter News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Dec 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Since Derek Adams became PAFC's manager, NO team in the PL and EFL has won more games.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Tied with Man C.

3. notDistantGreen

Who of course play in a smaller league and haven't been in any play-offs. But still, their squad cost £400m did't it?

4. notDistantGreen

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

John Sheridan has taken over at Fleetwood.....Toumani Diagouraga was dropped for the last game....will Sheridan bring him straight back ?

I think they both live in Leeds ?......car share maybe......:emoticon-0112-wonde.

6. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Still under contract with us until the end of the season. Quite a few players go/come on trial during the season - I wouldn't read too much into this......

7. notDistantGreen

No I'm not but still interesting. Presumably Championship resources mean you can keep youngsters on the books for 2, 3 or 4 years before they play a senior game but in League 1, you can only afford the players who are likely to play now. Not a criticism of PAFC, just the facts of life,

8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I have read a few snippets on the beeb football site this evening and the John Sheridan one was one of them. Have to say that despite his leaving here in a bit of a cloud he did do a bleddy good job for us and one that was needed at the time. The way Fleetwood have dropped like a stone he might need to bring his talents to the fore there this season if they are to avoid problems. He isn't a bad manager just a sour faced git. I guess we all can't help our make up.

I also see that Oxford have acquired new owners. Yet another league one club with owners with bottomless pockets. This cash thing is becoming a joke in the lower leagues. It makes the fair play rules on how much clubs can spend a complete and utter joke. When you think of our support and then look at what the budget is reputed to be in terms of where in the league we sit then it's just irrelevant for a number of clubs how many come through the gates. Also there is now yet another foreign owner as this one is Thai.

9. notDistantGreen

I agree. Enforcement of the Fair Play regs is essential for the survival of football outside the PL. It's not happening.

10. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

The problem is with these big money owners, they move on up a bit but dont stay there and soon fall from grace, plenty of clubs have done that ,,the rules need to change soon or there will be bigger clubs going pop, i know we keep saying it, but it will only be a matter of time.
    These owners get fed up..I suppose one may come in for us one day.. WE had Foreign owners.. remember the JAPS<whistle>:confused:

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Japanese director Yasuaki Kagami made James Brent look like he was throwing his money at Argyle.....yes he was tight to say the least.

12. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

The Japs never threw nothing, full of promises. Brent has done well with what he did and saved the club.. Hope fully we push on with the stadium and get into the championship in the next few years.. Do you think its a bit early for us next season ?

13. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

No, never too early. If we get promotion, then next year in the Championship is effectively a free punt at survival. No one will expect us to survive and if we do, happy days. No one expected us to get promoted this season (and I still think it would be a miracle) so if we had a season in the championship and came straight back down then it is nothing lost really.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I don't think it's ever too early either. You cannot possibly not want a promotion if it is there to be had. Next season is next season and we worry about that when it arrives. IF we got relegated again then so what. It wouldn't be the first time a team has gone up only to come down again and we have done that trick previously ourselves. The trick is to get this season's promotion first if it's possible. Without it the other scenario becomes redundant.

15. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

All the better gate money to a certain extent would help our cash situation...pity the redeveloped grandstand wasn't finished sooner. Also how much cash would be available to buy new players if needed or would DA and some of our best players be snapped up and leave us to start over again. Still worth winning the playoffs in my opinion.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Peterborough sack their manager Grant McCann after seven games without a win....good job we didn't do that.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Thought it appropriate to put this comment on Winter News. Looking at the weather forecast for the UK over the next 3 or 4 days I wonder just how many matches are going to be on and how many will be lost. Our own game against Rochdale must be one that could easily bite the dust although I doubt Rochdale would be kean for it to be postponed given their catch up record to come. I think we might just be doing the prediction league and then watching the letters P - P being filled in the score section.

You should have a look at the Herald website AWAYINBC at the expected weather. They are expecting at least one or two centimetres in Plymouth of some sort of white stuff. The whole City will grind to a halt if that happens. You will literally pee yourself laughing at it.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Well 10 cm of snow forecasted overnight (4in in real money).....actually we've got just a mere dusting of the white stuff at the moment.....hope it stays that way.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Update.....the "beast from the east" weather forecast has now turned into a cold but sometimes sunny day ?'

Back to our sea weed and bunion forecasting please.....certainly a few £million cheaper .

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It seems that Luke McCormick and Robbert te Loeke will both be unavailable until at least April.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.