1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Winter News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Dec 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Luke McCormick will be having a small ankle operation before Christmas to help stabilize it from the injury that first happened in September, and then caused further problems more recently
    This will mean he will be out for at least another two months.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not the best news time currently is it. Toumi probably will go even though I accept Argyle have offered all they can. McCormack out for a while. Cifti can't be shipped out. Mind you all of that is just typical of our season so far. Best buzz is that Remi Mathews could well be coming back.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Ciftci was a bad signing. It's not so much that he hasn't scored as that he doesn't contribute anything else either.

Of the multitude of keepers we've seen this season, I thought Remi Matthews looked the best, other than McCormick, so that will be good news. I'm excluding the two youngsters from that comparison - unfair to judge them at this stage.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The Talk is that Toumani Diagouraga has been offered a contract only to the end of the season....there are a few comments that to make sure he stays we should be offering at least an 18 month deal.

5. notDistantGreen

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The chorus from the Devonport end at the end of the game was Sign him on. Sign him on, Sign him on when the players went on their little lap of honour. He was in front of them and it was absolutely only directed at him. He was beaming but I'm not niave enough to think that would be enough to keep him.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The window approaches and it gets you thinking who we want to keep desperately, who we want to lose desperately and what players we might get in new and where on the pitch they might cover. I was reading the beeb football site earlier and note the speculation on the mega mega million pound transfers for that league. I get less and less interested in that league these days. We used to have half a dozen clubs who could win it but are now fast getting down to one like all the other European leagues. Am I alone in hating this time of year for all the speculation and possibilities of killing off your teams squad? Think I'll be glad when it's over again.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The talk is that Kelle Roos has returned to Derby....and it is possible that Remi Matthews will replace him Saturday on a 7 day emergency loan and then in January be signed until the end of season as a loan from Norwich.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Think we have been very lucky with our loan keepers this time around. I would be happy with either of them to be fair. Roos has done well following his first touch in an Argyle shirt which was a bit pants. I did think "Oh no here we go" but that was just a one off. Happy with Remi Matthews returning as well so I would have been happpy either way.

About time Argyle showed some get up and go with offers. We want Toumi here and so does Adams if you believe the quote so why pee around with 6 month deals when it looked certain he would leave. Doesn't encourage players does it. Should have offered 18 months st.raight out. Just hope it isn't too late

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

THIS NOW OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED.

11. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

January transfer window only hours away....and already there are whispers about interest in Reuben Noble-Lazurus 6ft 2in forward who is a free agent,....who has spent time at Scunthorpe and Rochdale amongst others....was a promising teenager but has not done well since....surely not what we're looking for.

13. notDistantGreen

We meed cover for Ryan Taylor so perhaps at 6ft 2 he's it. Has had a patchy career to say the least but perhaps Adams feels he can bring him back from the dead.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Somebody had to crack the joke notdistant.

Right then, the window is well and truly open and I'm assuming Toumi is now out of contract. So come on lyndhurst is he packing his trunk as we speak or is he getting in a home delivery for his tea? The scuttlebutt seems to be he has an offer and is going but the signs after the match today were apparently he acted no differently to any other end of game so wasn't waving goodbye.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Diagouraga isn't out of contract till later in the month, if my memory serves me right.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Latest player linked to Argyle is....Marc McNulty 25 years old Coventry striker.

17. notDistantGreen

You can't sign someone who wants to go somewhere else Sensible.

It looks like we're stuck with Ciftci for the whole season. It could be asked why we took that risk. On the other hand, you are asking why Diagouraga wasn't given a longer contract. It's easy to be wise after the event....

18. notDistantGreen

19. notDistantGreen

League table update for the last 6 games

upload_2018-1-3_12-47-49.png

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It seems that Toumani Diagougara will be playing his last match for Argyle Saturday against Bury.

He wants to be nearer his family who live in Leeds and he has received offers that would allow him to be nearer home.....we will certainly miss him.....so if he goes that will be an important position to fill as soon as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.