1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Winter News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Dec 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Yes and the people on 25k are the ones supporting the football. Its now taking the piss out of these people.
    For what t a load whinging arse holes.. :emoticon-0146-punch Their should be set wages for each division for each year.. Yes the prem get more than league 1 ect .. but not that amount.. even 100k a week is a disgrace .. He willl earn 14 Million after the tax united are paying.. plus all the ad ons and sponsors.. :emoticon-0164-cash:

2. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Yes, no doubt in my mind that money is killing the game, or at least creating an ever wider division between 'us and them'. The average LOSS of a Championship club is £10,000,000 a season , mainly due to the ridiculous wages they are paying even at that level. Be extremely difficult for most clubs to get into the premiership in the future without the backing of a (very) wealthy owner who was prepared to write off a large chunk of their personal fortune.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Robbert te Loeke's back injury shows no signs of improving even after an operation in early December....he still has related pains down his leg.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Now rather than the absolute level of wages, those losses are exactly the point Lyndhurst. ManU are the richest club in the world and can pay but continual losses cannot be sustainable.

5. Greenarmyjoe

Its only a matter of time before one goes POP.. Championship clubs wont keep it up as if they are on the fringe each season.. Its out of hand now and how can the lower league clubs expect to compete..

I dont think we will ever be able to compete at the highest level, be nice to go thee tho and try...

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that Peter Hartley has made his loan from Blackpool to Motherwell full time now.....quite a little gathering of ex-Argyle players there now.

7. notDistantGreen

I think it was either James Brent or Martin Starnes said recently that it was the club's ambition to get into the Championship in the medium term but that the bigger task was finding a way of staying there without risking financial disaster (again).

8. Greenarmyjoe

Wise words.. :emoticon-0126-nerd:

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Derek Adams says that has a Premier mid-fielder lined up for a loan until the end of season.....Finalising the paperwork...hopefully available for the Oldham game on Saturday.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It's been revealed that the Premier mid-fielder that Argyle are on the verge of having on loan is...Conor Grant 22 years old Everton player.
    He's been with them since school boy days...U18 international for England (2013)...loans to Motherwell, Doncaster twice and Crewe, he would stay until the end of the season.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

This loan deal has hit a snag.....the rules for loans is that the player cannot of played for more than two teams in one season.....Grant has already played for Crewe this season.....but it has come to light that he had turned out for Everton U21's in the Checkatrade's at the beginning of the season....which would make him illegible to play for a third club this season.

12. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Watching news outlets for transfer stuff is like watching paint dry ain't it. I have watched it for a while now but got bored. Think I might have some better things to do. My grass needs watching as I'm sure it's grown a bit. I do have daffodils in bloom though. Spring is springing at last. Time to get the shorts out and air them.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

We are only in for freebies or loans.....some of our competitors can actually pay for players and offer higher wages....Bradford seem to be getting another team together.....three players to day....plus a big German striker yesterday....probably takes the pressure off them being interested in Ryan Taylor luckily.
    We seem to be missing out on Conor Grant with his U21 Everton Checkatrade game back in August being overlooked.....not sure if he would of improved us seeing he was only in Div2 with Crewe before Christmas and not making too much of an impression.
    Adams admits it's hard work waiting for things to fall into place down the loan chain.....money up front of course jumps that queue....but that's how it is at austerity Argyle.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Move off....Conor Grant having played for Everton U21 in the Checkatrade Trophy in August and then was loaned out to Crewe until the new year cannot play for another club this season.....Red Tape wins the day again.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

How can an U23 side be considered to be a "first team" under any circumstances? They only allowed these teams into that trophy on the understanding it would not be proper first team players who played. The inclusion was to allow young players to get games against seasoned players from another league. That was the stated intent. No red cards awarded in those games count and again this was because the games were not considered to be first team games. Now because it's a different subject this time i.e. a loan transfer, suddenly the competition counts. The FA couldn't organise a piss up in the proverbial. You have a young player who could have featured in a number of games against seasoned opposition now having to kick his heels doing nothing for the rest of the season. What a load of bollox.

16. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

It has been a long day (week) but I agree with almost everything sensible said- lose my job if I agreed with absolutely everything! Complete shambles from start to finish..

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Able seaman Smith to young Lieutenant. Sir, if I called you a feckin idiot then I would be in trouble wouldn't I? Yes agreed the Lieutenant. But Sir, if I only think you are a feckin idiot then that would be ok wouldn't it? Yes I suppose so answered the Lieutenant. In that case Sir I think you're a feckin idiot.................

You can always think I'm 100% right lyndie.....................off to my bed now

18. notDistantGreen

I thought it was taking a long time......

19. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Grant not really something to cry about in my opinion.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Agree bedoboy but it's the principal of it that grates not the actual outcome of what we may have lost.

I don't have to slope off to bed early notdistant. I'm no longer a wage slave with all you tax payers paying my pensions I can stay up as late as I like.................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.