1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Winter News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Dec 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

notDistant's has been waiting for winter to start....so here it is.......Huddersfield away in the Cup is pants.

They've beaten us every time in the Cup....five times I'm told.....at least the green army is spared that journey this time.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Good spot Plym, first day of meteorological winter.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The Safety Advisory Group have determined that 1808 fans will be allowed into the ground for the Ipswich match on Saturday.

They decided that Home Park could take in 3616 fans...that is the 'Socially-Distanced Capacity and that is divided by two to give the figure of 50%....1808.

Just to confuse you a tiny bit more the Safety Advisory Group will oversee Saturdays attendance....and if they feel that all went well....they will allow a capacity in future of 2000.

How the club tells the selected 1808 fans that they can come on Saturday....is another story all together.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I believe it will be by letter sent by post. Not gone out yet so they had better get a shift on.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Will they find 1808 fans who want to go on Saturday.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

People might be sealing up their letterboxes for the rest of this week. Pleased to say I probably won't have to be one of them.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

People might be saying that they've got previous appointments.....then hey presto....your top of the list......you could say that you had arranged to get your ladder out and put your giant Father Christmas up on the roof on Saturday.....maybe you were a bit hasty buying that green one instead of the traditional red one.....<doh>.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

ARE YOU ONE OF THE UNFORTUNATE 1808 ON SATURDAY.

If you want to know just wait for an e-mail confirmation from the club.

OR

Go to the 'E' Ticket website, sign in and your account history will show a transaction over the last couple of days, which includes your new temporary seat number.

PS.....Ipswich are playing badly at the moment as well.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Simon Hallett hinted earlier in the season that financially he had done all he could for this season....that doesn't bode well for the January transfer window.

It's only a month away and we can see desperate requirements to strengthen certain areas of the team.

Defence.....It has been re-affirmed to me that Wootton and Canavan are no better than Division 2 level.....so we need to strengthen in this area...this also means that we need to try and extend Opoku's stay....he has shown that he can do the job...certainly better than the previously mentioned duo.

Midfield.....We need someone with far more aggression to win the ball.

Strikers.....Hardie is not scoring goals....I think he's got one all season...maybe Blackpool knew what they were doing when they let him come to Argyle...maybe we need to strengthen up front.

Leadership.....On the pitch we need a 'Bradley' type to spur on others and take control....Lowe can do only so much from the dug-out....so, so obvious that when thing aren't working out we have not an hint of someone being in charge on the pitch....it doesn't need to be the captain....but a pitch leader would probably become captain eventually.

Noticeable last night that Lowe took his best player on the night... Edwards (Capt) off at half-time....so make some sense out of that.

Saturday.....who should be on the pitch......I think to start with the following.....Watts, Opoku, Edwards, Reeves, Fornah, Camara, Jephcott & Nouble....and then it becomes difficult....getting worried about Michael Cooper....maybe he needs a break after seeing 10 goals go-in in only three games....McCormick has the experience but has he got the ability and reflexes anymore in his mid-thirties...maybe we need to find out.....at least he knows how to organize those in front of him.....That mix up between Wootton and Cooper for that simple roll in goal last night... might have been avoided... with some communication from the keeper.

And then there is Mayor....about time he delivered more than just pretty football....scored once...and how many assists has he been involved in I don't no...not too many.....but we all know how many times he gone up a blind alley and lost the ball....seems like trillions.

PS.....Okay I admit it...he is not my favourite play....just in case you didn't realize....he can be a luxury and we need more than that....I know all the arguments to the contrary....but I feel it doesn't balance out enough.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just been reading the 'Covid-19 Home Park Rules'...for attending matches....not on the official Club website at the moment (0740hrs).....but you will find them laid out on pasoti news for today (3rd Dec)....two arrival times...either 1330 to 1415 or 1415 to 1500 hrs.....I assume they will tell you what slot your in.....and then there will be rules to conform with....and also leaving the stadium at the end.....so you wont be able to leave your seat early and block other peoples views....so that's an improvement.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Been looking at a league chart which shows that Argyle at half time are second in the league behind Hull.

It also shows that from half-time to full time Argyle are joint bottom of the league.

Suggests to me that teams adapt at half-time ( suss us out) how to beat Argyle in the second half....and that we are not saffy enough to do anything about it.

Yesterdays result showed me yet again that we have no leaders on the pitch....especially to help the younger players.

When Mayor got red carded we lost any control we had and gave two goals away before Mayor had settled in his seat.....of course you have to ask how much control we had in the first place playing at home with only 33% possession and only two shots on target.

We had yet another new captain yesterday....how many have we had...at least six i think.....okay a leader doesn't have to be captain....but by the law of averages a leader would rise to the top like cream and show that he should be captain

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Don't be fooled by the stats. We definitely had control and ipswich for all the possession did not look like scoring. It was without doubt the decision of the Referee that changed this game and not a lack of leadership on the pitch. I think Mayor's dismissal was a complete shock the the team and before they could respond and reset they got whacked. The heads went down and the double whammy happened. Without that one decision we would probably have been comfortable even at 1 - 0. Read the Ipswich board and you will see that it isn't only my opinion but their own fans who thought along those lines.

13. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Absolutely right Sensible. We were looking comfortable although a second goal would have sealed it.

The amount of possession isn't the be all and end all. Our possession was qualitatively better than theirs, at times when we did get forward, we went through them like a hot knife through butter. They huffed and puffed but threatened very little.

As I said elsewhere, and noting what Plym said about second half performance, we do need to close games out. I don't think we can do that by defending.

I see we are to complain about Mayor's first yellow card. I understand the frustration but it's unlikely to achieve anything.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I believe Ipswich are top of the possession league.....you could see why.....we obviously didn't try and compete at that game with them....which personally I was please about....this playing right and left...and then back the other way and then making triangles with the keeper at times scares me stiff....Cooper actually a few weeks back passed to one of his back three... who wasn't in clear space and who hurriedly had to return it to Cooper before being tackled....maybe if the mid-fielders were more available a pass could have been done sooner.

Okay we haven't got a big tall centre forward to receive long balls from Cooper (Nouble nearly ?)....who actually has got a decent long kick in him.....so we had to work with 33% of possession....which is 30 minutes of playing time.....that might be acceptable at times away from home....but not all that acceptable at home ...and even then with only two shots on target...which equals an accurate shot every 15 minutes.....we need to sort out that conundrum quickly because we're falling like a stone into the mire of relegation territory.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I don't care how long we have the ball at home or away. It's what you do with it when you have it and we scored which is acceptable. Win the game 1 - 0 and everyone is happy with the points. Try to be Spain of a couple of years ago when you aren't is not a good idea and will get you beat. Ipswich for all of their possession did little until the upset. We were more likely to score again than they were to get one. However it is opinion and we will never know will we for sure.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just listened to the Simon Hallett interview on the "Price of Football" Podcast... which was broadcast this morning (10th).....very good listening.

Interview starts around 40 minutes into the programme...and lasts for over 30 minutes....worth hearing.

To find it quickly go to pasoti where there is a link to click on to.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see my old mate Bradley Wright-Phillips is becoming a free agent mid-December.....he is now 35 years old.

Scored 126 goals in 240 games for New York Red Bulls.....over the magic 50% per game per goal.

I bet he could still score a few for us if given the chance....but would he fit into Ryan Lowe's style of play ?.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Ryan Lowe is suggesting that no new players will be coming in during the January window....unless some players move out.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I wondered that about Wright-Phillips as well. Anyway Lowe is hardly telling us anything we don't already know about new faces is he.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Ryan Law and Klaidi Lolos have both gone on a months loan to National League South team Chippenham Town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.