1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Women’s Football

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by IwasanotherwatfordR, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Butthuber

Butthuber Well-Known Member

Totally agree with that Beth but today´s (new) world is not looking for equal rights but equality - GenderGaga & Cancel Culture. From a male perspective women football is just horrible to watch, very slow, often looks like they do not know that they are playing football, hence I do not watch it anymore nor do I care. In Germany we do have an attendance of around 800 per match which shows pretty much how Women Football is being rated these days. Yes, I did enjoy Marta as she might have played in a national league team but apart from that all there is left what politics try to talk us in - equality.

They artificially created a competion between male and female which is just another mouse trap they have lured us into. We do have to accept that we can do whatever we like to do but when it comes to a professional level we know that the two sexes are very different - and that is just fine with me.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  2. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

My daughter plays for Belper Town Ladies development side, she thoroughly enjoys it, they don’t win many but they keep going, they train once a week and play on a Sunday morning, and like my daughter says they know they’re below the male standard but as she says if Women can drive trucks why can they not play football, the world of male domination is over and it’s heading towards a level playing field so to speak and if they enjoy it, why should we ridicule them and put them down.
    I’ve watched women’s football and I firmly believe that most of them are as equally skilled or better than most of us on here ever were.
    The world is balancing out Gentleman, Let them enjoy football as much as we did.

3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Wait till the trans find out they can make a living playing gender neutral footie
    Wont be a female left in the game

WalsallHoop and Steelmonkey like this.
  4. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Even Jackie Oakley (sp?), the female commentator on MotD, is bloody awful - even the missus, who can't stand football, comments about how poor she comes across

WalsallHoop and kiwiqpr like this.
  5. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

I don’t have a problem at all with women playing football. It’s a good thing. It’s exercise and it gets them out of the house so at least, for those who have partners, that’s two or three hours a week the man won’t be miserable.

What I don’t like is the false amount of media time given to it. On BBC iPlayer you can watch womens football but not the men’s game. It’s the poor relation. it reminds me of those dreadful K-Tel albums they used to sell in Woolworths that comprised of terrible covers of (then) current songs. They would cost 99p for a whole album when just a single from a proper artist was the same price.

For me, it’s like Happy Shopper tomato ketchup. It’s there but you really need Heinz or may be better off just not bothering.

I’m not sure if the sudden vast media promotion of the women’s game is because of some desire to have equality or more that the BBC can buy the rights to broadcast it for what is surely a fraction of the cost of proper football.

6. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

The reason we see women's football now
    ..is because terrestrial TV cannot get PL or EFL football....so they give us women's football....

Nobody says women can play as well as men..and no there is no equality, I am not sure the women want that...but I am sure every woman player, wants to make a living our of it.

I wish I had been able to play competitive football when I was young.
    I played alongside boys at school in practice...but I was not allowed in school teams...and we had enough teams for all the boys to at, but I wasn't allowed...and then at weekends they went off to play for little local clubs...and stopped playing in the park...so I no longer had anyone to play with.
    Thank goodness for hockey!!!

StortfordQPR likes this.
  7. surreyhoop

surreyhoop Well-Known Member

L
    Ladies hockey I have no issues with at all..:)

8. The other R in Houston

The other R in Houston Well-Known Member

they’d wipe the floor with the men’s team Bob!

I think that part of the issue with women’s football is that it’s lagging far behind the men’s game, in terms of professionalism. Now that money is starting to be passed around (both broadcast money and clubs starting to invest in their women’s team), I think you’ll find the domestic league games improve.

the US has been investing in the women’s game for a lot longer (obviously), and I’ve got to say that I’d rather watch the Houston Dash (women’s team) than the Dynamo at the moment.

as for enjoyment level, I’d put the Dash in upper league 1-low Championship skill level, although the game obviously isn’t physical in the same way.

9. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Surely no worse than Jimmy Floyd Haselbaink

10. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Sadly, you'll have to get used to having this 'bigged up' by the BBC whether you like it or not. The product is not competitive and with the big teams carving it up between them as usual it'll be mainly for female viewers who follow those big clubs anyway. It will never become anything other than a 2nd rate version of the men's game no matter how much prominence the BBC try and give it. If you look at the results online BBC always put the Women's Premier League ahead of the Championship results, just one example of the leg up they're given...

11. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Good grief!!

12. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

It really bugs me that the Scottish Premiership results are ahead of the Championship results.

13. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

On a par with the Welsh or Irish national leagues surely......

14. Steelmonkey

If you removed the Old Firm, I'd agree. However, as pony as the SPFL is, they both have massive, world-wide followings which is why, I assume, their results get the precedence that they do.

15. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

My comment was tongue in cheek!!

16. Steelmonkey

Mine wasn't <laugh><laugh> it is a pony league!

However, I do enjoy going to see my local team in the Scottish Championship, which is definately on a par with Welsh and Irish leagues

StortfordQPR likes this.
  17. QPR New York

QPR New York Active Member

[Ahem]

18. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

whatever happened to durbar
    he was in new York as well

19. Steelmonkey

Banned for being a dick

20. bobmid