1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

wordsworth signs pre contract with charlton view to 1m move

Discussion in 'Colchester' started by JONATHAN ACWORTH THE LEGEND, May 5, 2012.

1. JONATHAN ACWORTH THE LEGEND

what charlton fans where gossiping today

2. Colch_Steve

Colch_Steve New Member

I hope for Charlton's sake that it isn't true. He's a good player not nowhere near worth £1 million. Only has 1 year left on his contract also...
    For someone who isn't proven in the Championship I'd take that any day of the week :D

3. JONATHAN ACWORTH THE LEGEND

colch_steve--- thanks for replying from what i gather on the wordsworth deal cant sign him until transfer window opens gossip outside the ground saturday was that hes signed a pre contract agreement with chris powell with a view to a perm transfer which from what i understand is 1m plus add ons and sell on clauses etc if this is true i think hes more than enough ready for the championship havin known his cousen for some time they tell me hes turned down two clubs prev in watford and sheff united at around 800k i gather hes scored some brillant goals for colchester one at our place when we had the dodgy patch lost 2 in a row at home!he goes missing in games what i here so hopefully chris powell if he gets him over the summer can get him trained up get more stuck in than usual im well up for this move its shows the championship that charlton mean business we going get loads of new players over the summer and have a reported 6m to spend,also ariving what i here is george boyd on a 2 yr deal from peterboro which be even more exciting.So im quite confident if we get the likes of baldock west ham and wordsworth we be up in the top half come end of next season

4. colu_mike7

colu_mike7 Active Member

Very plausible Acworth, Wordsworth definitely has the potential to play at a much higher level; he just needs to be exposed to a better standard of coaching to kick on. Since neither the management nor coaching staff at Colchester look like changing anytime soon, he really does need to move on up if he&#8217;s going to reach his potential. So I&#8217;ll wish the lad well if he does get a move to a Championship club this summer, thanks for the memories Woody! <ok>

5. THURNBY CANARY

THURNBY CANARY Active Member

At a higher level than what........ Colchester? Ha ha ha ha