1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

World Championship 2013

Discussion in 'Snooker' started by [email protected], Apr 12, 2013.

1. robertmorrell74@hotmail.com

So who do you think is going to win this year? I think it's wide open really. Nobody is going to ever dominate the sport after Hendry, but if I did put money on it, I would say that the semis will have Judd Trump, Mark Selby, John Higgins and Ronnie.

Usually in the first round you'll have a mix of close matches and thrashings, but as the tournament progresses you get good matches. I do hope that the matches from the quarters onwards are close ones, most viewers want to see a close match and not a hiding. Last year's final was a rather convincing win again and shows that Ali Carter just can't live with Ronnie, but the likes of a Mark Selby, John Higgins or Judd Trump can. I don't want to see a right slowcoach like Ebdon win it. Should we have a stopclock to force players to speed up and if they go over 25 seconds then a foul is called and the table passes to the opponent? Debatable but we need to see players speed up a little bit to make it more exciting.

Thoughts?

2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

3. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Nah I don't think it would be good to have shot clock, it's part and parcel of the game that we have different characters it make's for better games albeit some can be of poor quality when they meet each other but I like when Trump or O'Sullivan meet the like's of Ebdon or Hamilton just to watch the gamesmanship.

4. ColinSharpe

ColinSharpe Member

disagree with the shot clock in the WC context, many times a player needs a minute or two to consider a difficult escape and they shouldn't be penalised because some players push their luck

5. There is a time limit on routine shots but its something like three minutes. There isn't a clock on snookers or tricky situations though, don't think it applies after the first pot of a break either but not sure.

6. SaveTheHumans

What you talkin' 'bout Willis ..there is no shot clock except for in the Premier lge and the Snooker shootout held in Blackpool

7. There isn't a clock, it is the referees discretion. Players are asked to speed up if tgey take too long, happened a couple of years back <ok>

8. SaveTheHumans

Ya well obviously if their taking the piss they will be warned, they only take a while on difficult shots

9. RonnieCFC

RonnieCFC Member

Can't see Ronnie losing to get 18 frames off him will be near on impossible for Barry! I'm going 18-10 to Ronnie

10. Five Crucible finals and five wins <ok>

11. Englandfor2014WC

Englandfor2014WC New Member

Ronnie is the best ever! Far more naturally talented than Hendry. Hope he doesnt retire and gets another couple so he has the most wins too

12. Same but its unlikely with him being 37 already.

13. RonnieCFC

RonnieCFC Member

Yeah but mind you if he's this good at 37 he wouldn't be that bad at 39/40. I think he's the greatest of all time now terrific performance over 17 days.

14. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

testing123

15. Mick

Staff Member

and again

16. Mick

Staff Member

asdfasfafafaff