1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic WORLD CUP 2018

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, May 16, 2018.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Greizmann is a disgrace to himself and football, always cheating.

Croatia must feel robbed. Croatia 2 France 2 Referee 2. That handball was a joke.

Having said that, a enjoyable game even if the result left me feeling a bit sick given the way it came about.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Booked in at our Premier Inn in Westcliff, Bournemouth on Sunday 2.30pm....hotel not showing the final...so we walked into the centre of Bournemouth near the pier....no big screen showing for the thousands of weekend holidaymakers....in fact we couldn't find any sign that Bournemouth even knew that the World Cup Final was on at 4pm.

Only later about 8.30pm whilst sitting in Harry Ramsden's having a nice fish & Chip meal overlooking the beach.....did I get a clue who might of won.....three lads running along the beach with a French Flag trailing behind them.

So I've never bothered to get an I-phone.....of course we could have stayed in our bedroom and watched it....but Mrs Plym isn't really into any form of sport.... so that wasn't going to happen....after a very hot train journey from Waterloo the thought of a walk along the sea edge won easily....it was only frogs and croats playing.